ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by wildweasel »

Has anybody considered a Bomberman themed multiplayer mod?
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

wildweasel wrote:Has anybody considered a Bomberman themed multiplayer mod?
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

wildweasel wrote:Has anybody considered a Bomberman themed multiplayer mod?
Not the classic top-down multiplayer that you might know, but I thought of making a "BomberMarine" mod in the style of the 3D games (64, Hero, Generation, Jetters) where you can throw or lay different kinds of bombs.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

First-person Bomberman sounds friggin' brutal.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

Hideous Saboteur when.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

Vaecrius wrote:First-person Bomberman sounds friggin' brutal.
Y'know, if there was something that really did deserve a Brutal version, it would be something that literally entirely revolves around trapping your opponents with live explosives and watching them be blown into smitheroons.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

HazeBandicoot wrote:Hideous Saboteur when.
Arctangent wrote:Y'know, if there was something that really did deserve a Brutal version...
O_O

I can see it now.

Twisty, totally nonlinear maze-like techbase/hell/forest/cave levels. Lots of eerie, random, distracting background noise.

Slow walk = very quiet footsteps not really audible over the background more than a few metres away
Run = louder footsteps

3 remote det, 3 "smart" bombs (think HD's robot IEDs) per life. The latter detonates only when you are WELL within its range, so they can be safely taken out by detonating another bomb just outside of its seek range.
3 time bombs, you regenerate one every 10 seconds.
Bombs can be destroyed (but not detonated) by other bombs.

Possibly dark flashlight mode.

Stepping on gibs makes a distinct squish sound, but on some maps it could just be moss.

You only get 10 health, so most of the time you will be killed if not gibbed by any blast.

Might be critters wandering around just to fuck with people. No attack, just misleading players about their opponents' location.
(Decoy items might occasionally spawn that players can deploy)
Big C

Post by Big C »

Operation Overlord: Hideous Destructor Edition.

THAT would be the ultimate 8-player map for Hideous Destructor. Perfect mix of tight quarters and long-distance firefights.
Bodewelle

Post by Bodewelle »

Something like what we've seen in the Doom 4 gameplay? Not exactly like it of course, or that RIP mod that adds the weapon pictures. Well if someone created a visor similar to UDV (That won't enforce certain resolutions to be able to read.) that wasn't too HD but fit in with a dark setting or something like that...maybe similar to the Aliens: The Ultimate Doom map designs? Just sticking to the theme of original Doom maps that aren't too big or daunting like those in the MAP20 range but not entirely enclosed and short as well, but just a middle-ground in size? The structure of the weapons could consist of what we've seen in the E3 presentation and a few Doom64 style weapons, with the same black color scheme for them all. There could also be a kind of melee button eliminating the need for the Brass Knuckles that could be similar to BD's punching and kicking, or just punching...or kicking. Smooth animations for weapons, sprites, etc with mild gore, and sensible amounts of blood each time an enemy takes damage, a burning animation for plasma weapons, and perhaps - fatalities? I know it may sound like a BD clone but there could be some compromise in features. Basically a mashup of a few different features seen in other mods as well as the new Doom 4 along with a mega-wad or two designed especially for the mod. Hope this doesn't sound more stupid than it does in my head...anyway
-UDV or UDV similar visor HUD
-Dark Quake-like map layouts/themes with the mod in mind
-Doom64-ish black or dark-themed weapons.
-Smooth Doom-like animations.
-Fatalities and progressive unarmed combat.
-ADS, reloads, grenades.
-Tweaks to graphics
-Enemies progress in strength and abilities
That's all I can think of for now, but these are just brainstorms...now that I think of it this actually does seem like a BD clone...oh well. Hope you may be able to find something different.
smartieskittlebass

Post by smartieskittlebass »

Topic: Glowing bullet-holes in Doom!

Have a question, guys:
saw this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvtdWphBFGI
after a guy made me aware of the glowing bullet-holes in Doom
(how perfect is that?).

Is there a way to just get the glowing decals as .pk3-file?

If it's not too much to ask,
can someone create this and upload it?

I would be very grateful!
smartieskittlebass

Post by smartieskittlebass »

Doom-Vanilla-Gun-Sound-replacement

maybe I played too much Doom,
but to be honest it's just I can hear the difference and the low-fi attempt of gunsounds in Doom Vanilla.
Cant stand it anymore!

Now I've been looking for a mod that just lets you replace the gunsounds (and hopefully shell-casings that are falling to the floor and stay there!), but most of them are packed with other "features" I don't like
when a wad requires Vanilla.

What mod would you recommend?
ElMapache96

Post by ElMapache96 »

Hello, my name is ElMapache96 and I have a great idea.

Days ago I dream, which has impacted me. The game was a FPS starring Sally Acorn and Bunnie Rabbot, had large arsenal of weapons for each character, waves and waves of enemies both Sonic franchise and of Doom, cooperative mode, but could not dream beyond what I've seen so I invent things inspiring me in the dream I had.

The game should be a shooter from the old school, OLD SCHOOL, not like those existing garbage as Call of Duty, exclusive weapons for each character, shields that protect you from several shots (inspired by Unreal), power-ups that go up your stats and large maps and shortcuts that can only be a specific character.

History, do not know, but the ambience and aesthetics of the dream I've had. The story should be placed in an alternate universe where shares many elements seen in Archie comics, Sonic SatAM well as also outside games such as Doom, Quake and RAGE.

You guys draw their own conclusions and by the way, I'm new to this forum and sorry for my English, use Google translate what I write in this forum.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

<Arctangent> Random concept for a jokewad: each map has its own custom weapon, eventually clogging up the weapon slots with needless duplicates. With each new ammo type, the all-ammo block of the HUD grows vertically to accomodate it.
<Arctangent> Which, of course, ends up with the ammo block covering a ridiculous amount of the screen at the last few levels.
<MarisaKirisame> hahaha
<Arctangent> I kind of want to see a jokewad like that, with genuine levels that have jokes in them instead of just the joke being crappy levels, but also with meta stuff like that.
<Arctangent> And stuff like a custom monster that's in each level, but its actual behaviors and stats is different in each one.
<MarisaKirisame> I still need to remake that old jokewad of mine
<MarisaKirisame> hopefully I can bury the old one under its success
<Arctangent> Another concept: a level that's just a E2M8 / E3M8 style bossfight, but it gets progressively more detailed and, thus, progressively more cluttered to move around in as time goes on
<MarisaKirisame> :p
<Arctangent> Maybe this could be some sort of group project.
* Dark-Assassin (~DS2012@ppp118-210-57-179.lns20.adl2.internode.on.net) has joined
* Galaxy_Stranger has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
<Arctangent> Call it "A Perfectly Normal WAD" ... and have it be a .pk3.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I love all of this. I'd also vote for there to be a special Metroid style upgrade (hidden in a secret of course) that "cleans up" the status bar.
Bodewelle

Post by Bodewelle »

Interesting...who said that?

Return to “General”