[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

So, how do i get to it?
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

Nmn wrote:*url removed*
(fook, I'm not letting this spread)
Okay, excuse me for wanting to work on the project. Jesus.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

Yeah, um NMN, you wanted somebody to take e1m6 off your hands, so I took it, but can't finish it unless I have the resource. If you want to send me an email with it, that's fine. jrfarlow at charter.net Also, where the heck is linedef 14198? I can't open the map in DeepSea, (11.2), but I can in DoomBuilder. And Doombuilder doesn't help much, considering whenever I search for the line, it finds it, but forgets to tell me where it is.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Ok, sorry for that guys, You're right.

url removed
Trust no one. Get maps from our FTP.

get the map!

And others that are not affiliated with the project-i.e. if You're not going to work on the map-DON't Download it! Don't spoil Yourselves.
I just don't want situations like that sarcastic asshat Ebola on DW said:
Sarcastic asshole wrote:I played most of the maps, nothing impressing. I'll prefer them as a full compilation rather than single maps
You know how that fucking pissed me?
EDIT:
People, the res file You're using is obsolete. The current one is on our FTP.
Get Krillancello for the password (and btw, damn, I just knew there will be more problems with the ftp stuff rather than with posting stuff on boards).
Last edited by Nmn on Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

No, don't worry about it. He got the map. I'm giving up anyway because after thinking about it, everyone on this project owns my ass at mapping anyway.
Your Name Is

Post by Your Name Is »

I see... I would be interested, but I'm still a n00b at mapping.
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

I've made a largish room with what should be sufficient detail (314 sectors). I hope it will meet the extreme standards of detail in KDIZD. Turn your speakers way up before loading the map for a special surprise.:D

http://spaceforce.snohost.com/e1room.wad
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Well, while I have a fast enuff processor, I doubt I will be able to do much to it anyways :P NMN and Co. have already overdetailed many, many things and my going back over it would most likely make it look sloppy. I'll leave it to the pro's and enjoy the product when its done.

....But I do call dibs on E2M1 :P

@NMN - Jesus! thats like 3500 more sectors then when I last had that thing!!!!! O_O GJ!!! :D
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Kirby wrote: @NMN - Jesus! thats like 3500 more sectors then when I last had that thing!!!!! O_O GJ!!! :D
Yeah, Ima busy bee ;) But sector count doesn't mean too much, wait to play the map :)

EDIT:
Woole-the map is da biz! I say-let this guy into our team :)
Risen

Post by Risen »

NMN: Contact ellmo, I need the map this weekend! He can continue to work on it afterward if Tormentor is okay with that, but I need a version of every map (excepting titlemap/credits) in order to add the bits for the intermap. I can only finish once I have done that! (E3 is of particular importance since it contains a secret exit)

Torm: For co-op testing, I can take other maps as well. I can put together a testing team of 3 or 4 people who are excellent bug finders (Bio included). I think that the maps should be assigned to these test teams instead of individuals. Consider my team (Bio, Myself, possibly destroyer and one other who does not visit here) available to assign maps to.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Risen-I will. SO the deadline is this weekend, otherwise we're not accepting his work (cuz Vile will have more work then)...
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Is the server still working? Now I try to connect, I get told it's connecting, then it's connected adn then the connection gets reset.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Nmn wrote:Biohazard-can You send me the work You've done on the Titlemap? It will be very helpful.
i cant right now due to lack of webspace, but that should be fixed sooner or later... im sure risen could put up the file i gave him. i havent changed it since then...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Woolie - Well done, I am pleased and you are in the team! Choose your slots for each week!

@Risen - So, should I assign you to each and every map in Coop testing (considering that your name stands for a Coop Team?)

@Bio - Use the power of Krillancellos server
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Week 1: E1M7
Week 2: E1M2
Week 3: E1M3
Week 4: E1M6

That room really was a learning experience as far as detailing goes. Did anyone fall for my trick?

Return to “Levels”