[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

As I said in a previous post, I'm still working on E1M10, just slowly due to lack of time.

As for weeks 3 and 4, I guess I'll have E1M5 for both.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

I haven't heard a reply considering my plea to bump & remind me.
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Justa note. If BS is now on the team, the wallpaper needs and update Nmn.;) And make my name bigger than the others too. In fact, CENTRE IT!:p
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Doncha worry. I'll make a new wpaper, or we'll leave it to Torm. This was mostly for hypeage ;)

EDIT:
Decided to post a screenie. Had some fun while building.
Looks like e1m6 new areas will greatly exceed e1m3's (which I believe has the biggest ammount of new areas added). Heck, I could take this part I've been working on for now out and make it a whole new map O_o But it'll be cool.

I still remind myself to bump me.
Daily.
Risen

Post by Risen »

I would like M10 and M3 for detailing.
I would like M1 for gameplay.
I am very good with co-op scripting and M8 needs the most work for that, so I'll take it.
I'll do finalizing for M6.

I'd also like to have another chance on M7 sometime before it goes live.

Oh, and more thing:
02-24 is my birthday, and what a wonderful present it would be to release it then! :)
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Tormentor667 wrote:Not in the list!
What do you mean? The list shows E1M7, so I want to sign up for E1M7!
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

He means you're not on the list.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

I'll explain.

Woolie-right now we need expert mappers in detailing cuz the project is approaching conclusion and we must ensure it stays the best quality. We need expert mappers. Can You show us some of Your works so we can clasify You as a real oppurtunity for KDIZD? Plz donate some time and contribute screenies/maps.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Well I found these maps of his, haven't checked them out myself so I'll leave it to someone else:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12877
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12992
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

NiGHTMARE wrote:Well I found these maps of his, haven't checked them out myself so I'll leave it to someone else:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12877
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12992
Those are old. Check out my Crimson Sky screenshots thread.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=4850
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Good news: the final release date is 02/25/05? hehe, just in time for my birthday :)

REAL BAD NEWS:
um, i don't know how to say this but...

i hereby drop myself into "if i say i'm going to do something, don't believe me" mode. I have lost 99.9 percent of my intrest in this project and moved on to other things (non-doom related) im so sorry guys, i just really dont want to touch DB anymore. im out of ideas, im out of drive...

im dropping M9. the latest version (the first T667 edits) is what you have to work on.

im sure somebody else could do the titlemap at least, im sure risen has an idea of how to pull off that skybox thing i was going to do...

if i can get a signal from somebody outside the forum (probably risen) that all the maps are complete and in one place, im sure i could muster up enough intrest to make a credits map. but i cant promise anything...

im still very interested in coop support though. but i wont work on the maps themselves unless i have confermation that nobody is currently working on them elsewhere

i fear im slipping into another doom reccession. the doom community just isint as warm and inviting as it used to be, therefore i dont feel at home here anymore. so im going to leave for a while again. expect me back in 6 months or so... ill try to stay in #NZDR untill this project is complete though.

im so sorry guys.... :(

Signing off
-BioHazard
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Biohazard-dude, bummer :( We really hate to lose quality people when we're so close to releasing the project. C'ya next time.

On the other hand, that means my ideas for the titlemap could be considered, but it's a double edged sword. This depends wether we favor quality or releasment of project-the titlemap will prolly take about 1-2 week to accomplish, we could ofcourse screw it and go on with a simple titlepic and saveourselves trouble.

What are Your opinions dudes?
Risen

Post by Risen »

Bio - that sucks.

I would be inclined not to do a complex titlemap now, unless all the other maps are completely done. However, a simple one could be appropriate.
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

A suitable titlemap could be some marines fighting some imps and stuff in the first room of e1m1...

Too bad about Bio though..
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, I updated the list of participants and slots right now and assigned NMN to the title map!

@woolie wool - The shots are not bad but the style and level of detail is not what we need, I am sorry!

@NoD - Actually, Vile1011 should also be added, but as NMN already said, this was just for hype :)

@Bio - That's the worst news ever, not concernint E1M9 or the TITLEMAP but concerning the Creditsmap which is really needed from you concerning the excellent work of ZDCMP1! Please reconsider your decision and do the credits map for us right now, it is really, really needed :(

BTW IMPORTANT:
NinjaOfDoom, Bloodskull and Vile1011, sign up for your slotzs right now!!!

Return to “Levels”