Version 47i?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Mighty Duck X-treme

Post by Mighty Duck X-treme »

I second that.

Someone skilled at drawing sprites would have to edit some of the Doomguy's face for the powerup effects, however (the Shadowsphere effect would be the easiest, just draw two of his eyeballs).
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

heh, sorry to burst your bubbles, but the tome doesn't work in doom unless you have a heretic weapon (and actually its use may even be limited to the heretic game mode only, I'm not entirely sure).
Mighty Duck X-treme

Cyb wrote:heh, sorry to burst your bubbles, but the tome doesn't work in doom unless you have a heretic weapon (and actually its use may even be limited to the heretic game mode only, I'm not entirely sure).
Rats. :-(

The Tome of Power's usage IS limited in Heretic's game mode ONLY, even though I haven't played Heretic with ZDoom (I don't know if it's stable enough).

However, I did play Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders (I bought that and the Ultimate Doom at an Office Depot for $9.99 each, OMG!!) in DOS in the past, and I can guarentee you the Tome's power is time-limited.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

ZDoom works just fine with Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders. It was Hexen that ZDoom wasn't completely ok with, and I believe that's since changed.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

wildweasel wrote:Now THAT would be a really cool feature. Have the Doom face grin with pleasure when he uses the Tome, or have everything but his eyes disappear when using the Shadowsphere (Quake-style)...the possibilities are endless. (Almost.)
There is already a Doomguy grin sprite. Just make your status bar visiable and pickup a weapon. On the other side, the Heretic has no status bar face whatsoever but laughs like hell (also when picking up a weapon) :twisted:
deathz0r
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by deathz0r »

wildweasel wrote:Have the Doom face grin with pleasure when he uses the Tome,
EDIT: What the hell, why didn't the attachment appear?

Anyway, this was created in about two minutes with Paint Shop Pro:

Mighty Duck X-treme

deathz0r wrote:EDIT: What the hell, why didn't the attachment appear?

Anyway, this was created in about two minutes with Paint Shop Pro:

Great now do the Shadowsphere one

*NOTE: The "Stop Quoting Images, Dumbass" image was used intentionally*
boris

Post by boris »

Kirby, you're pure comedy gold!
Mighty Duck X-treme

Gee, thanks. I may want to become a jester here. :-D

NOW I AM! :D
Last edited by Mighty Duck X-treme on Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Mighty Duck X-treme wrote:Gee, thanks. I may want to become a jester here. :-D
It seems like you're one already.

[FUTURE-EDIT] Whoops. Forgot for a second that jesters are supposed to be funny.
Last edited by Xaser on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Cyb wrote:heh, sorry to burst your bubbles, but the tome doesn't work in doom unless you have a heretic weapon (and actually its use may even be limited to the heretic game mode only, I'm not entirely sure).
The tome does work with Heretic weapons in a doom game (zdoom-hexen mode). You have to bring the weapons and tome in via spawnspot.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

ah, right then, heretic weapons only, not limited by the game mode, good to know *chin strokey*

Return to “General”