Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by Captain J »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:Nawh, I am keeping the hands gloved, even with characters. I think its a nice stylistic choice!
aw shucks, but at least i can show their faces on the portrait. right?
TheStrawberryOctopus

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

Yes, the characters will have a portrait!

in the previous videos I uploaded, you can see the template portrait. The character portraits will be sprited versions of the official art work I will be posting!
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:I've seen quite a bit of your project even before I even started getting into modding; I am not surprised my Lizardman caught your eye though!
There's a big lacking in such kind of characters, as you can probably tell, hence my bias, haha. Good luck with your project, at any rate, I can tell that there's quite a bit of effort that awaits you here. :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This is so cool, the sprites remind me a lot of Worms 2 :)
TheStrawberryOctopus

Spoiler:
Another Memoirs of Magic Character Art Update for you all!

Today I will be showcasing the Undead Mage; Zandro Doom; Affinity to Darkness, Signature Color Purple!

Zandro is the most accomplished of all the heroes (a title that should be used on Lich lightly), Having accumulated a vast amount of wealth as well as being a powerful and notable mage in the world of magic, garnering infamy due to his practice of the dark arts. Clouded in mystery due to fact that even by lich standards, his appearance is very uncanny, often speculated that Zandro himself has over the course of many, many years has replaced his body parts of those of various life inhabiting the World of Magic, the only thing for certain is that he is not Human by Origin anymore, as he towers over even the most largest of sentient species of the realm. His Motivation for this quest is to prove himself as the most powerful Mage in the whole Realm, and what better opportunity to do so then to slay the Powerful Entity that is currently most feared across the land.

Another Small Character Fact; Zandro Doom is named after the Multiplayer component of the doom modding software I am using (Zandronum) and main component of most mods (Doom, Duh!); Hence, Zandro Doom!

I will see you again for the next character art showcase!

PS: Zandro has no mmmmeat on his bones!

PPS: I am going to spoiler the character images due to their large image size!

PPPS: THAT ALSO MEANS I have updated the Phazar Bluetail image to its correct size, so check that image out in all its HD Glory if you wish!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

umh apparantly (*Edit "He") kill an humanoid badass [OLD goat like (**Edit "Head")] dragon and stole some of is bones and also some of his magic that later put it in is tome and taked the weapons as trophy
Last edited by Redead-ITA on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Redead-ITA wrote:umh apparantly kill an humanoid badass (OLD goat like) dragon and stole some of is bones and also some of his magic that later put it in is tome and taked the weapons as trophy
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

I swear if the one of the next charcter portrait will be like from SOME COLD lands and mostly drunk and an EX soldier, then i shall win every game of russian roulette EVER
TINIEST PLUS EVER +when it dies it shall drop some bottles
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Whoa, naked fashion is actually beautiful for skeletons, i see!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:Whoa, naked fashion is actually beautiful for skeletons, i see!
Pls. its not like he is going to get cold

Oh yes, I am currently working on Zandro Dooms sprites. He currently has around 680 sprites

I hope this won't get too overwhelming, pft.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

This. Is. Adorable.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hey, I think I have some bad news for fans of the whip weapon

The Whip is not co-operating with me, and I may have to replace the whip with another weapon for Lichs melee weapon
TheStrawberryOctopus

Spoiler:
Hello Again, for another Memoirs of Magic character showcase!

Today I will be showing off the Packrat Thief; William Slay III, Elemental Affinity Earth, Signature Color Green!

Coming from a generation of Master Thieves, William is the second most accomplished Hero in the Party; Amassing a Huge wealth from his various acts of thievery, he is considered a very prolific Thief in the World of Magic, due to his lineage and ancestry of very successful thieves. Despite all this, he does not steal for the wealth, but for the satisfaction of stealing such priceless artifacts and gold. His reason for going on his quest to prove himself as the greatest thief of all time, and what better way to prove yourself as such then stealing the riches of a wannabe god!

A few Facts Regarding William Slay; he is clearly heavily inspired by the Rat Thief, Slade, from the Shining Force series. Originally, I planned on naming a character “Slade III”, after the software I am programming this mod with, BUT all the other characters names didn’t fit that title; and I obviously couldn’t just name the character “Slade”; so the name William Slay III came about, and here we are!

Due tot his, he also has a name coincidentally akin to Lupin III, another series I am quite fond of, so it all wraps up nicely!

I will see you all again soon for the next character art update!

PS: The Whip has been replaced with another weapon I will showcase after all the characters have been shown off, which I am very excited to do so; the new weapon turned out great!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

looks sneakily great!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

So Slay III can use a big heavy automatic crossbow a sword that with magic he can be kenshiro and he can summon trees making himself pretty hard to damage and let me guess call a volcano out of nowere

This mod is going to good places :D

Edit: also that crossbow can shot poison arrows

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”