Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CyborgParrot
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Post by CyborgParrot »

I Managed to Run this in Zandronum 3.0 Perfectly with little to no Error, just don't let any Bots snag the BFG...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

CyborgParrot wrote:I Managed to Run this in Zandronum 3.0 Perfectly with little to no Error, just don't let any Bots snag the BFG...
Why, what happens?
CyborgParrot

Post by CyborgParrot »

wildweasel wrote:
CyborgParrot wrote:I Managed to Run this in Zandronum 3.0 Perfectly with little to no Error, just don't let any Bots snag the BFG...
Why, what happens?
Nah nothing Serious Happens, it sometimes become abit of a Clusterfuck when one of them gets their hands on it (they tend to "spam fire" it if you know what I mean).

Anyway I'm Very Happy I can play this Mod with Zandronum, because this is one of the Best Gameplay Mods for Doom IMHO.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

well, since they fires ridiculous yet overpowered plasma ball at your face. so...duh.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Maybe we should give it the WEAPON.BFG flag. And maybe also WEAPON.EXPLOSIVE. I just never bothered with bot-specific flags before because I frankly never thought Zandronum would catch up.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Ed the Bat wrote:Maybe we should give it the WEAPON.BFG flag.
Won't that make bots want it even more? I don't actually remember the entire significance of the flag.

I'm reminded of playing against FrikBots in Quake. Even at low skill they're terrifying with the rocket launcher, so much so that I modded in a server flag to make the RL not even spawn.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I don't really know. My impression was that it made them aware it was dangerous, and I thought I heard it would mean they'd be more careful, but I have no clue really. As for the EXPLOSIVE flag, I was told it would make them hesitate to use it when standing too close to their opponents for fear of splash damage. But again, I have minimal experience with bots.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I wonder, do the bots know how to use semi-automatic weapons like the pistol? I recall, back in the Skulltag days, that I needed to make weapons have A_Refire and Hold states, otherwise they would fire at their target once and then never let go of the trigger until the target left their sights.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

wildweasel wrote:I wonder, do the bots know how to use semi-automatic weapons like the pistol? I recall, back in the Skulltag days, that I needed to make weapons have A_Refire and Hold states, otherwise they would fire at their target once and then never let go of the trigger until the target left their sights.
It doesn't seem to make a difference, as they seem to prefer firing in random bursts, so semi-automatic weapons are not always used tactically but they can certainly kill you with one. The only thing I've noticed is that they ignore weapon manual reloads and secondarys, so you have to allow for that in the decorate.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

All I remember from Skulltag is that bots refuse to pull the trigger if their weapon has WEAPON.WIMPY_WEAPON on it. They'll just run around helplessly until killed.
StrikerMan780

Post by StrikerMan780 »

Pretty fun in Zandronum 3.0, just effects really need +CLIENTSIDEONLY and A_SpawnItemEx with the SXF_CLIENTSIDEONLY flag when spawning smoke and stuff.

Could use some balance tweaks too (most weapons 1hko), but otherwise fine.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

StrikerMan780 wrote:+CLIENTSIDEONLY and A_SpawnItemEx with the SXF_CLIENTSIDEONLY flag
That would be redundant, yeah? If the actor already has the flag, it'll be clientside regardless of what A_SpawnItemEx does.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

StrikerMan780 wrote:Could use some balance tweaks too (most weapons 1hko), but otherwise fine.
I don't intend to change this; the weapons are balanced around combat against monsters, not against other players.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

then i guess this mod is intended to have co op gameplay or single player. and you know, it's gonna be fun without bot matching.
nelson01023

Post by nelson01023 »

For some reason, voxels like the revolver and shotgun are over/undersized in the newest zandronum beta. The rifles and other items are perfectly sized for some reason.
This also happens when I use the newest gzdoom beta aswell.

Is this an issue on my end?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”