NAHDS Project (ZDoom HD item sprites)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

NAHDS Project (ZDoom HD item sprites)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

Hello!

NAHDS Project (Not Another HD Sprites Project) is a set of HD (around x4) sprites for ZDoom that works with any wad and uses standard sprite names.

HD PICKUP SPRITES DOWNLOAD

In this folder you'll be able to find the latest version of the mod as well as some other sprites which might have not been included in the mod per se, but are still good enough to be put next to it.

Originally this project was a part of HD pickup items created for my Beautiful Doom mod. But recently it has become a rather independent endeavor and thus it has its own name.

The sprites are mostly created by Death Egg. Some of them were partly made by me. The weapon sprites are based on drawings by Franco Tieppo (with the author's permission).

Death Egg is now the mod's manager. It's only logical since he made most of the sprites and has a pretty good idea of how it works.

Note that these are actually HD, not just hi-res. I.e. they have higher level of detail compared to original sprites.

Also note that sprites are PNG using only Doom palette colors (weapon sprites aren't technically paletted because something weird kept happening to them unles I imported them as RGB; but they still only use colors from Doom palette). Hard edges and Doom coloring helps them not stand our much if used in the game. They also try to stay as close to originals as possible. Examples of small deviations are: Rocket, Clip, Skull Keys, Armor Bonus.
Last edited by Jekyll Grim Payne on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:29 am, edited 8 times in total.
D2JK

Re: HD pickups (contributions appreciated

Post by D2JK »

Amazing stuff, well done all!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: HD pickups (contributions appreciated)

Post by Captain J »

i really liking those! except armors, though. they looks bland unlike the others.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

I'm trying to open this pk3 using 7zip and it keeps telling me that i can't open it as an archive....any suggestions?
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

Skrell wrote:I'm trying to open this pk3 using 7zip and it keeps telling me that i can't open it as an archive....any suggestions?
Sorry, I uploaded wrongly-composed PK3. Now it's editable and works properly.
But I still recommend using SLADE3. Here's an installer. It's very easy to use, just open and edit.
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

It should probably also be noted some of the sprites I did were based off of HD sprites from the SKulltag HD pack by DoomJedi, though only a few of the ammo boxes, the visor, and the keycards.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Nuts. I thought this was a mod for HD : P

Still good, tho.
doony

Post by doony »

nothing could be better this year, this sprites are very well done, I can't stop looking to they, because they are really awesome
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Pretty. Armors could do with some more detail.
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

I've gotten around to doing the health bonuses now. Now only the health packs, armors, and berserk remain of the hi-res items in the post.

In regards to the armor, I'm not sure how to approach it. The Doomguy's armor appears different in most of the pictures he's in.

Ultimate Doom title

Episode 4 ending

In-game sprite, which looks like the armor pickup sprite

If anyone has suggestions/opinions I'd be glad to hear them!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

can you do just like in episode 4 ending one? with bright color, of course. also would be nice if you can follow its shading, too.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Captain J wrote:can you do just like in episode 4 ending one? with bright color, of course. also would be nice if you can follow its shading, too.
I second this!
Redfox123

Post by Redfox123 »

Captain J wrote:i really liking those! except armors, though. they looks bland unlike the others.
i agree
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Here's a rough mockup to illustrate what I mean when I say the armor could do with more detail.
Needs texture.
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

Skrell wrote:
Captain J wrote:can you do just like in episode 4 ending one? with bright color, of course. also would be nice if you can follow its shading, too.
I second this!
I'll base it on the Episode 4 armor then when I get to working on it. I'll take some liberties in the fact I'll still make it similar in shape and color as the original sprite.

Also, stimpack and medikit is done:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”