Another Quake II mod (LITTLE UPDATE 2-12-16)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Another Quake II mod (LITTLE UPDATE 2-12-16)

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

QUAKE 2 STUFF

(note: english is not my primary language so i can't make a detailed description about the mod)
Hi everyone, i'm new in this forum and this is my first project that i post here.
Today i bring you a mod which adds stuffs from QUAKE II such as weapons, enemies, items, visual effects, etc.
Everything was made with 3D Models, so this mod also requires the use of the OpenGL renderer and it won't work with the software renderer.
It works on GZDoom and Zandronum 3.0 (with cooperative/deathmatch support)

Credits:
Me (TheCamaleonMaligno a.k.a Unnamed): Decorate, ACS Scripts, Modeldefs, new graphics, brightmaps, some sound edits, etc. Basically, i did most of the work.
TheUnDeadSolder: SPECIALLY thanks to him because he suggested me to make this mod and contributed with some decorations, bug reports, suggestions, -mod name- , etc.

Scheenshots:
Spoiler:
Videos
Spoiler:
KNOWN ISSUES
Spoiler:
CHANGELOG
Spoiler:
remember, it's just a beta and soonly i'll be posting updates
LINKS
First release (Old version)
MEGA
ZIPPYSHARE (by Matsilagi)
MEDIAFIRE

DOWNLOAD LAST UPDATE 2-12-16

q2stuff expansions coming soon... because i'm lazy

EDIT1: added a mediafire and matsilagi's mirror.
EDIT2: mod update.
Last edited by TheCamaleonMaligno on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
YukesVonFaust

Re: Another Quake II mod

Post by YukesVonFaust »

if HorrorMovieGuy did Quake Stuff Ultra, then TheCamaleonMaligno does Quake II Stuff!
downloadin' now.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Gah, you beat me to it! I've been working on what's basically the same mod for a few months now. I was planning on finishing it up and releasing in the next few weeks, but now I'll feel like an ass for it. D:

The download link isn't working on my end. All MEGA is giving me is "Temporary error, retrying."
Edit: Never mind, seems to work now.
Last edited by ChronoSeth on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

TBVH ChronoSeth, not even him is the first coming with Quake 2 assets for Doom, Enjay did, hfc2x did and even Ghastly Dragon did one (but the one he was doing was different), hence "Another Quake II Mod" :P

Damn, all Quakes into Doom is not a simple thing a game can achieve (even many of them being Quake 2).
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Zanieon wrote:TBVH ChronoSeth, not even him is the first coming with Quake 2 assets for Doom, Enjay did, hfc2x did and even Ghastly Dragon did one (but the one he was doing was different), hence "Another Quake II Mod" :P
Oh, absolutely, but I've not seen a (mostly) full package like this until now. Enjay's mod used the models but was very different in terms of gameplay, hfc2x's mod was purely deathmatch-focused IIRC, and Ghastly's mod used sprites ripped from the models and wasn't particularly faithful with enemy and weapon behaviour.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

Don't forget Alpha22's (i think that was his name).

Downloading whenever my internet allows me to, this seems the most complete.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Jesus freaking christ.
This made my Xmas 100% better.

Congrats and amazing work on this mod! I always wanted something like this since i have lost the backup i had from AlphaEnt's Q2 RIP

IT EVEN HAS A LOADING SCREEN, JESUS.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Do you have any mirror of the download? My computer hates Mega for some reason.
Matsilagi

Post by Matsilagi »

Ribo Zurai wrote:Do you have any mirror of the download? My computer hates Mega for some reason.
I will mirror it, hold on.

http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/frQzrApl/file.html
There you go.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Matsilagi wrote:
Ribo Zurai wrote:Do you have any mirror of the download? My computer hates Mega for some reason.
I will mirror it, hold on.

http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/frQzrApl/file.html
There you go.
Why thank you my good sir.
Matsilagi

Post by Matsilagi »

Here's my feedback after hours of gameplay:
-Switch Small rockets to Handgrenades
-Add 3D Explosions and Bullet Puffs
-Blaster and Hyperblaster projectile trails
-Replace Doom's sprites by models (You can re-use the red and blue keycards from Quake II and recolor the red one to look yellow, skulls can be replaced by Strogg Pyramid keys maybe, Computer Area map can be the Airstrike monitor item model)
-Replace the Mastermind with Hornet (Guardian) Arachnotrons with Parasites (Get ready on Dead Simple, its gonna be a nightmare) and Pain Elementals with Technicians (No idea for the Wolf Nazis, maybe replace them by Quake 1 Soldiers? Makes more sense since its the game who came before Quake II), and to add a better mix, Mutants can replace the spectres (They aren't invisble, but they are fast, fair change)

Aside from those, rest works fine and is amazing to play with.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Looks good so far. I think the Blaster's projectile should move a little faster. Aside from that, just follow Matsilagi's suggestions and you're good to go.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Looks promising, and it may keep me busy for a while. :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

sweet big guns of makron, it's really retrospective and good looking! and here's my gripes...;

- blaster doesn't have any pickup models, and it's not meant to be pick up either. so i hope you can replace it into an adrenaline or something useful.
- i cannot gib the enemies and others' corpses, hope you make them do that!
- the player doesn't play footstep sounds either the quake 2 player sounds.
- a shotgun, super shotgun, machine gun, chaingun doesn't have any decals unlike the others.
- i think blaster and hyper blaster's projectile's decals are seems to be small. why not create a new one made out of plasma one?
- i hope i can see even more enemies from expansion pack series, such as ground zero and the reckoning!

and that's it. keep up your good work! i think it's going to be better and stronger!
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

If you want a chainsaw replacement, you could use the Chainsaw from.. Ground Zero I think?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”