[Justanaddon] Shut up and Get fixed!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
-Ghost-

Re: [Justanaddon] Shut up and Get fixed!

Post by -Ghost- »

I'm okay with them being in, it'd be great to have creepy monster cries and such to go along with them, but I think they need to be a bit quieter. It's probably not bad if it's just a few monsters, but it gets super loud quick if you have a typical pack of pinkies or something.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Well to make them really quiet, I would have to remove their wandering, since they only spawn the footsteps/flames when moving.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

iSpook wrote:Well to make them really quiet, I would have to remove their wandering, since they only spawn the footsteps/flames when moving.
You could just make them quiet when wandering and only play noises when actively chasing. Maybe pretend they're calmly patrolling or sneaking when they don't see the player.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Yes, but most of the creatures that have hoof-based footstep noises are large as fug, call me weird but I can't imagine an Abaddon or a satyr being able to sneak about. :P
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Maybe if they moved slowly and gingerly on tippy-toes :3:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

so, i'll think about the loud footstep change. it would be easy, i guess!
-Ghost- wrote:More gun sound tweaks are appreciated as well, maybe something less dinky sounding for the starter pistol?
nothing is bad about them especially starter pistol, in my opinion!
-Ed the Bat- wrote:Maybe if they moved slowly and gingerly on tippy-toes :3:
wow so biggitactical
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

iSpook wrote:Yes, but most of the creatures that have hoof-based footstep noises are large as fug, call me weird but I can't imagine an Abaddon or a satyr being able to sneak about. :P
I'm okay with the footsteps playing, they're just way too loud. Maybe it's my particular sound settings, and if it does then I apologize, but it got to the point that it was actually muting other sounds like my gunshots.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

oki-, i've tried to lower the hoof and beefy steps' volume, i hope they are not loud now. anyway updated with more improvements, check out the first page!
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

iSpook wrote:Well to make them really quiet, I would have to remove their wandering, since they only spawn the footsteps/flames when moving.
Heh, kinda half expected your response in this thread iSpook but yeah, I'm glad you see what I mean at least. I understand it's one of those things that's a bit divided opinion-wise. Even if the steps were just lighter (or perhaps like Ed suggested (which was something I too mulled over), where they're patrolling gait is more like a body weight shift movement than a proper step) I could see working too. Just some in-between than what it is currently with them because it not only supremely blows any cover they have, it also makes the monster seem too angry for not having seen you, so it's not as much of an emotional 'punch' so to speak when they do catch sight of you, since the ground and screen is quaking beforehand.
Last edited by Abba Zabba on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

It seems like it's only with this addon, since running SuaB by itself doesn't have the really loud footsteps. Did you do something to change them initially, Captain?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I've lowered the loud step sounds with goldwave. no biggie, but sndinfo volume script seems to be didn't worked.

Anyway glad they are less louder now.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Thanks for tweaking it, seems a little better. I was poking around in the files a bit and testing some things, and it almost seems as though *every* noise just plays max volume. I started up E1M1 after finally muting the footsteps, but I was hearing doors/lifts etc super loud from across the map.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

e-yes they does plays with max volume, i'll think about them too.

EDIT: well, i've tried to lower some of the loudest sounds. if you still have problem with it, i recommend to lower the volume at the sound setting or your speaker.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Double post for good news, i finally got osjchatchford's permission and new good looking crossbow is ready to go!

updated, check out the first page!
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Weird... the mf link doesn't work. Everytime I click the download it just refresh the page

Return to “Gameplay Mods”