[Justanaddon] Shut up and Get fixed!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

[Justanaddon] Shut up and Get fixed!

Post by Captain J »

Download the shut up the bleed before playing this!

I really loved iSpook's AND Chronoteeth's Shut up and Bleed, it was challenging, intense yet decent, i loved it's style. so i've decided to tribute it, making an addon about improving it!

- Newly added casings based on pickup sprites
- Some footstep and body thud sounds were replaced into clean ones
- FRAM Projectile has been retrospectively redesigned
- Fixed some pickup sprite errors
- Dramatically improved Teleport sound!
- a new yet Powerful looking crossbow
- Better stinger missile launcher
- Now rocco can make a footstep noise like other monsters does, hooray for him being noticed!
- Some of projectiles now leaves decals, including the FRAM mine!
- Gluttonous exploding sound just got changed
- Some vanilla sound replacements added
- Burrower now plays digging and appearing sounds
- Phantasm now has new spooky sound effects
- Lolth now plays it's sound correctly
- Satyr's hoof step added
- Extra improved sound effects
- Some moving impaled corpses adjust fix
- Dead Accuser is not big anymore
- Rocco's gibbing sound effect is now more terrifying
- When you died or quitting the game, The voice plays featuring, Wayne June from my innermost favorite game, Darkest Dungeon!
- Now Unknown item 'X LDA' doesn't show up in the console anymore. Good riddance!

also credits are inside of the zip.
Download and get fixed a bit!

EDIT: I recently made Mutator that removed entire footstep sound effects for people who wants silenter gameplay. Download if you want!
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:20 am, edited 16 times in total.
Abba Zabba

Re: [Justanaddon] Shut up and Get fixed!

Post by Abba Zabba »

This sounds pretty great. One pet peeve of mine is discrepancies between casings and ammo pickups.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I had to make it circular with no rotations because i haven't thought something good yet.

But hey, at least it's now similar with the pickup ones in my eyes. But I'll edit it later.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I'm kind of dissapointed that there's no changes to the actual gameplay with this addon: just graphical modifications.

Personally, I think the crossbow is underpowered. It never feels like it was worth using, for me.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

This addon will be sprite and sound fixing and nothing else, sorry about that.

Anyway nothing's bad about crossbow's damage to me. Since it has many magazine size.
Silentdarkness12

To me, it actually feels weaker than the pistol, on a round per round basis. The crossbow used to be a nice spread-weapon, good for whittling down the health of groups of monsters. Now it feels like a PEA SHOOTER. Yes, the mag size is nice. Too bad you have to spend the entire magazine to do any damage worth a singular damn.

Part of me would rather it be removed, instead of wasting my time.
Medicris

Post by Medicris »

I don't get how you thought that, since those bolts used to do only 15 damage each and now each does (random(30,45)*4). It's a straight upgrade in every way besides maybe pain chance.

I was actually the opposite. I hated how it was just an inferior version of the shotgun with even less range and damage, and the stealth didn't make up for that. Now that it uses a single bolt doing the damage of all three and more, it can be used to quietly plink away at a monster at any range without alerting anything around you. It's a decent mid-long range damage dealer when monsters have 1x or 2x health. Maybe you were just hearing the louder noises and thought it was stronger than it was?
Silentdarkness12

All my previous experiences with the crossbow made me feel as if the crossbow was a weak weapon. That it got a NERF.

Granted, it has been a long time since I played SUAB. I'll play it again and see how it fares.

On higher difficulties, my experience is that you were better off dodging and running, or using another weapon if you had the ammo. I'll see how it fares now with the latest version.

EDIT: Okay, I don't know what i'm talking about, apparently. I guess at some point, the crossbow got buffed to the point of being useful again. yay.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

This seems neat. I'll probably go through with it and absorb the changes into the original thing when I feel like working on more things related to Cotton-Suabs. (Most likely when this is released.)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

hey, thanks for that! anyway no offence, but i never liked the crossbow in this mod, i mean in a graphical way. it's absolutely came from heretic and not kinda fits with other weaponry. also stinger missile too, that's scaled so awkwardly.

so i decided to improve them up, wait til it's done, folks!

EDIT: crossbow is ready to go, but couldn't find the proper stinger missile launcher model nor screenshots.

DABLE EDIT: oh wait, i think i found it. making in progress.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

thats cool! just make it match the pick ups if possible, tried to stay consisitent
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i already did! but first, i must get a permission from osjclatchford, since i've imported his strife-rized heretic crossbow into my addon now.

and about stinger, i've made a good one. but maybe later, it's not imported yet.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Stinger missile and crossbow replacements are all added and ready to go! also i made some more features to show. but again, i need a permission from osjchatchford. but he seems not so active recently. so sadly i'm still waiting.

so...i'll update it again with the new crossbow when i get his permission. anyway it's updated, check out the first page and download!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Cool idea! Would you be able to make the enemy footsteps quieter? I started up the first level of Hellbound and was immediately deafened by the clopping of the satyr demons, along with all the other monster footsteps playing before I even saw any.

More gun sound tweaks are appreciated as well, maybe something less dinky sounding for the starter pistol?
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

That's the one thing about SUAB I never could really like was all the noise before the monsters are ever alerted. If they were mute while dormant (and didn't spawn flames), it would lead to some better immersion IMO. But that's a personal change and not really the scope of this project.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”