[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

cyber-menace wrote:I suppose that makes sense now right NMN?
Was that supposed to be funny? You failed.

I've seen a good example of how projects can be loved if they have enough hype. IMO, Cold as Hell was far better than Action Doom (sorry Scuba) it had much more new stuff and cooler things, not to mention was longer and more serious (personal preference-I prefer wads that don't containt a load of jokes). Hype is important for the project. If You're a member of it You want as many people to play it so Your name shines between the lines when someone says "best wads ever..". Spreading Hype is for all the team and project in that matter.
Tormentor wrote:I have no idea... the big problem is ellmo and cccp_leha (but mostly ellmo, because his work is the most important and big deal!). I tried to contact them via E-Mail and PN but no reply till today!
I am seriously lead to believe that ellmo will not be able to contribute to this project. If You want my opinion, You should give him a week (or less) and assign the map to someone else.
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Nmn wrote:Ninja-we're not exchanging wads via mail. Krillancello set up us the bomb.. er.. custom ftp server that we can upload wads to. Contact him about this and for a password :)
Definitley been out the loop too long. I'll check with him.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NMN - Finally, cccp_leha replied and told me - due to deadlines and timing-problems - he has uploaded the most recent version and won't continue! So E1M1 is free! And beyond that, I'd be happy, if ellmo could actually upload his most recent version, because it was still by far better then the version we have right noe.
cyber-menace

Post by cyber-menace »

Nmn wrote:Was that supposed to be funny? You failed.
No I wasn't trying to be funny, I was just pointing out that Tormentor might not enjoy Enjay's ... suggestion.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

TITLEPIC Suggestion, if BioHazard fails & some more WALLPAPER for more HYPE :)
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

The "credits" on this one are much better than Nmn's original submission ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@HotWax - Well, I have already a text-file for the to-be-finished wad itself on my hd which I update everys once in a while, if something important happens over here in this thread. That's why I got a list of all participants in each round, info about persons who signed in but didn't work at all and so on ;)
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

HotWax wrote:The "credits" on this one are much better than Nmn's original submission ;)
Definetly. The graphics are great too, although I like nmn's more.
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

Lol, wow, I'm in the credits. That's high-larious. Great pic, by the way. :D
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

How did you do the scanlines in the pic?
Risen

Post by Risen »

Very nice.
There are a few things I think could be improved:

- Don't use "KDIZD". I don't think it's an especially nice acronym. I'd much rather see the project's title spelled out: "Knee-Deep in ZDoom" (however, I don't mind the translucent KDIZD in the background)
- I suspect you want Relive (live again) instead of Relieve (free from).
- "Relieve the tense" is not gramatically correct. "Relive the suspense" could be used in its place.
- If you use the whole name, you can cut out "KDIZD Stands for..." which I think would look more professional.
- Phobos is not round. Get a good photograph of it. If you can't find one, download Celestia, head over to it, and take some screenshots.
- Add a space between "Ultimate Doomer," and "NMN"
- I'm listed twice under "Primary Mapping."

Fix up those minor things, and I think we'll have an excellent promotional device.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Risen wrote:- Don't use "KDIZD". I don't think it's an especially nice acronym. I'd much rather see the project's title spelled out: "Knee-Deep in ZDoom" (however, I don't mind the translucent KDIZD in the background)
I agree. It's quite an ugly acronym, quite difficult to say, not especially easy to remember, easy to get wrong and, judging by comments I've seen, I'm not the only one who finds this.

- Phobos is not round. Get a good photograph of it. If you can't find one, download Celestia, head over to it, and take some screenshots.
Again, agreed. However, if you feel that a round planet in the centre of the piece is essential for the composure of the picture, why not use Mars and have phobos passing over Mars between the planet and the "camera"?
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

one word enjay (I think it's one word :P)

"Kickass!"

Looks good. Now it just needs polishing :D
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Enjay wrote:
Risen wrote:- Don't use "KDIZD". I don't think it's an especially nice acronym. I'd much rather see the project's title spelled out: "Knee-Deep in ZDoom" (however, I don't mind the translucent KDIZD in the background)
I agree. It's quite an ugly acronym, quite difficult to say, not especially easy to remember, easy to get wrong and, judging by comments I've seen, I'm not the only one who finds this.
At least it's not as bad as AARGH (Adolescents Against Rampant Government Homophobia), although that one is pretty amusing to say out loud. Although "say" might not be the word. More like "scream".:lol:
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

i still like Z1 (cause z kinda sounds like e, as in "Z1M1"), but it sounds too much like R:1

wow torm, i like that titlepic a lot more, sendy teh PSD. i have an idea for it

Return to “Levels”