Bad Toys 3d Resources

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
smoke_th

Bad Toys 3d Resources

Post by smoke_th »

Hoo boy. Took me long enough to find everything out. A great thanks to JohnnyH from Openapoc project (check em out, guys bringing x-com apocalypse to opensource http://openapoc.org/) for helping me decipher sprite format.

ANYWAY.

Yeap, this thing. Was quiet disappointing that there were no rip, so i made one, these would go nicely along with ken shooter textures, or other lesser quality ones.

Here's a pack with full set of everything from the game. Sounds, sprites, textures, intro midi track - everything is in place.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk0davo8nzf3c ... s.zip?dl=0
And some examples
Last edited by smoke_th on Thu May 24, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CeeJay

Re: Bad Toys 3d Resources

Post by CeeJay »

Cool!

Probably among the few who remember this obscure game back in the day. Always wondered if it used a modified Wolf3d engine, as it seems very similar. I was able to rip the sound effects myself back when but that was it. Thanks for this.
smoke_th

Post by smoke_th »

CeeJay wrote:Cool!

Probably among the few who remember this obscure game back in the day. Always wondered if it used a modified Wolf3d engine, as it seems very similar. I was able to rip the sound effects myself back when but that was it. Thanks for this.
Nah, nope. this one was made in-house. Turbopascal, NE executable for win95. By '95 raycasting were well documented and clones of wolf3d with in-house code were popping out quiet frequently.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

The What.
I didn't know of this game until now, and this is sad because I know/own tons of FPS and RPG games.
Thanks for sharing that stuff smoke_th
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

I remembered playing this at a younger age, I actually forgot it existed but now that I remember I am going to try to get a copy.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

You can download the demo and enter name and code to register/unlock it (I found the code on youtube myself).
smoke_th

Post by smoke_th »

Ozymandias81 wrote:The What.
I didn't know of this game intil now, and this is sad because I know/own tons of FPS and RPG games.
Thanks for sharing that stuff smoke_th
You're welcome :D
Whiteace wrote:I remembered playing this at a younger age, I actually forgot it existed but now that I remember I am going to try to get a copy.
(Redacted - don't even mention NAMES of abandonware sites. -ww) has a copy along with key. Note that it wouldn't work on 64bit systems (as i've mentioned - NE executable) - i got it to work on xp and windows 98 inside my virtual machine, as well as on windows 95 inside my dosbox installation of it (yea, black magic).

Here's a sneak peak of what i am using it for. (some textures are custom made for the wad, out of original ones)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

CeeJay wrote:You can download the demo and enter name and code to register/unlock it (I found the code on youtube myself).
can you even play it on a modern computer though? i got the shareware at some point and my Windows 7 system refused to play it because it was a 16 bit executable.
smoke_th

Post by smoke_th »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:
CeeJay wrote:You can download the demo and enter name and code to register/unlock it (I found the code on youtube myself).
can you even play it on a modern computer though? i got the shareware at some point and my Windows 7 system refused to play it because it was a 16 bit executable.
I didn't knew my messages were invisible.
smoke_th wrote:
Whiteace wrote:I remembered playing this at a younger age, I actually forgot it existed but now that I remember I am going to try to get a copy.
(Also redacted. -ww) has a copy along with key. Note that it wouldn't work on 64bit systems (as i've mentioned - NE executable) - i got it to work on xp and windows 98 inside my virtual machine, as well as on windows 95 inside my dosbox installation of it (yea, black magic).
Earth

Post by Earth »

Thank you so much. I was about to try this myself just now, looked online to see if this has been done before, saw your xentax thread and found this.
smoke_th

Post by smoke_th »

Updated links. everything should be visible and work now

Return to “Resources”