[WIP] GORE: Horde of Titans - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] GORE - Freezed until Blade of Agony release

Post by TiberiumSoul »

"What The Hell? No... C'mon NO!" - The Dukepot Reelism

in all seriousness i wish you the best in your endeavors with torm on BoA :)
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

TiberiumSoul wrote:"What The Hell? No... C'mon NO!" - The Dukepot Reelism

in all seriousness i wish you the best in your endeavors with torm on BoA :)
Thanks man, aaand probably I'll release the v0.1.3 of Gore near Christmas. :)
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Have fun. Nothing really new inside, just the compass which is quite a placeholder for now. And very sorry for my playing skills, I mod since December 2014 without touching any FPS games, so...
Ribo Zurai

Re: [WIP] GORE - 34 mins of video at page 10

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Oh this looks so sick! Also that compass, how does it work?
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE - 34 mins of video at page 10

Post by Ozymandias81 »

It works like the Blade of Agony compass, I just need to implement some stuff, like objective indicators and a proper pickup sprite for it.
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE - 34 mins of video at page 10 + H.O.T.

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I made right now this extremely rare footage from Horde of Titans. It was the original name of Gore. Enjoy.

Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE - 34 mins of video at page 10 + H.O.T.

Post by Ozymandias81 »

An advice for followers here: after Blade of Agony I'll reshape everything from this project, especially maps and actors.
So expect another loong delay concerning a good playable alpha of this project though.
Anyway, updated a bit the main OP with links to Brutal Wolfenstein (contributions) and "in-progress" lines for lulz. Stay tuned, stay alive. Be Gory.

Anyway, the project has now a definitive title: GORE: HORDE OF TITANS.
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE: Horde of Titans - Videos at page 10 + H.O.T.

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I've managed to add Gore HOT on github, but it will stay as a project that I'll do all alone for now. If I'll need for some help, I'll ask there for sure.
Beside that, this is quite the same version that's present here, with some slight modifications and a couple of bits on map02.
Don't desperate, I'll be back with this project.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP] GORE: Horde of Titans - Now on GitHub

Post by Captain J »

downloading now, looks really great and going to report something awkward after playing this!

EDIT: played a bit, and here's my suggestion and awkwardness report!;

- i think the brown baron's fireball smoke is so big, i mean real big. not that it'll ruin the player's sight, but just weird to see.
- regardless of many monsters' xdeath sprites has been added, but not much. such as armored imp and cacodemon. is there will be extra xdeath animations for them, perhaps?
- about the playable character's voices, can you make them separate for each characters? hearing random pinched voices from them are quite mood-ruining.
- the teleport effect now spawns blood and guts, intentional?... of course it IS intentional, right?
- i think the portable potions needs using sound effects, like what heretic and hexen did!
- is there will be footsteps sounds for playable characters? just saying!
- a small and round pot is cannot be destroyed unlike the other pots.
- the burning death animations doesn't plays burning sound effect.
- when the red horned imp explodes, it doesn't spawn any gibs.
- i hope the playable characters can have their own skin!

so, that's about it! can't wait for the next updates!
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Hi Captain J! Thanks for your brief playtesting and feedbacks, so time to sort some things you noticed:
Captain J wrote: - i think the brown baron's fireball smoke is so big, i mean real big. not that it'll ruin the player's sight, but just weird to see.
Fixed today, check the repo
Captain J wrote: - regardless of many monsters' xdeath sprites has been added, but not much. such as armored imp and cacodemon. is there will be extra xdeath animations for them, perhaps?
Well this is something to take in consideration and if you have some art to share you are pretty welcomed. Actually there are 70+ creatures and I don't touch Gore since last summer, so I need to browse the project and write down a list of which creature needs them though
Captain J wrote: - about the playable character's voices, can you make them separate for each characters? hearing random pinched voices from them are quite mood-ruining.
Well beside laughs, which are just Lo-Wang ones for all 3 classes, I think that random voices works good for me now... maybe I'll go for your suggestion later, it's a good one indeed
Captain J wrote: - the teleport effect now spawns blood and guts, intentional?... of course it IS intentional, right?
Intentional and I need to tweak the gore system in conjunction with the newer one I used on BoA (thanks Nash :wub: )
Captain J wrote: - i think the portable potions needs using sound effects, like what heretic and hexen did!
You're right, I'll add them surely
Captain J wrote: - is there will be footsteps sounds for playable characters? just saying!
Not sure because in Gore you'll fight hundred packs of monsters and it would be strange to hear characters with footsteps sound and not for enemies.
For now I'll keep the usual floor sounds code.
Captain J wrote: - a small and round pot is cannot be destroyed unlike the other pots.
I know that, it is an issue that comes with the original actor from r667 Repository. I've fixed them on BoA, so it would be pretty easy to import that fix here
Captain J wrote: - the burning death animations doesn't plays burning sound effect.
- when the red horned imp explodes, it doesn't spawn any gibs.
I must check these, nothing so difficult to fix anyway. Thanks for pointing that!
Captain J wrote: - i hope the playable characters can have their own skin!
I hope so, maybe I'll give a try in the future but actually it isn't exactly mandatory to do.
As always, if you are willingly enough to create some art, feel free to share here or through pm, I am very open to artists like you because I like really your style :D

Concerning the updates, check my repo on github from time to time, then I'll think that I'll go for releases instead of zip files if I'll come with new builds.

Thanks in advance and godspeed Captain J! :rock:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Updated the main OP with a link to the new GitRepo of Gore.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

oh wow, many thanks for the kind reply! and yes, i'll donate the sprites sometimes!
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Captain J wrote:oh wow, many thanks for the kind reply! and yes, i'll donate the sprites sometimes!
Thanks to you then! The more, the merrier! :lol:
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

hehe. looks like you used the story of the falling angels as inspiration for "Horde of Titans?"
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WARCHILD_89 wrote:hehe. looks like you used the story of the falling angels as inspiration for "Horde of Titans?"
Oh hi Warchild, so much time has pass since our last discussion... :)
Uhm well, not sure what you mean but I can guarantee that Gore background is mainly based on Forgotten Realms (Drizzt and Menzoberranzan), Lovecraft and Magic: The Gathering stuff, but with so many scratch ideas by my creativity itself which I really can't sort a list... In the end nothing is still decided yet.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY HERE, DON'T DESPERATE DUDES: I'LL LOOK FORWARD TO GORE WHEN BLADE OF AGONY WILL BE COMPLETELY DONE! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”