[WIP] Sneaky Doom - New A.I.!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valken

Re: [WIP] Sneaky Doom - New A.I.!

Post by Valken »

I tried this mod and its amazing the way the AI hunts you down. I was wondering if it was possible to separate the weapons out? I want to try the AI only with other weapons mod in a hunt and be hunted mode...

This AI coupled with the Alien's Ultimate TC and Dark Doom would be amazing, but I would still want to keep the Colonial Marine weapons.
LolwellunTeapot

Post by LolwellunTeapot »

ZDoom compatibility untested
You can test software renderer compatibility in GZDoom by setting vid_renderer to false... or you can download the SVN versions of good ol' ZDoom.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Valken wrote:I tried this mod and its amazing the way the AI hunts you down. I was wondering if it was possible to separate the weapons out? I want to try the AI only with other weapons mod in a hunt and be hunted mode...

This AI coupled with the Alien's Ultimate TC and Dark Doom would be amazing, but I would still want to keep the Colonial Marine weapons.
I ALSO would love to use this mod with other mods like Brutal Doom if possible! The AI is great and makes the game more interesting!
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

The weapons are tied into the behavior of the AI, it's unfortunately not as simple as just plopping the AI onto another mod. Brutal Doom and Alien TC also use different monsters and weapons, so in all cases you'd need to do some custom jury rigging to actually get it to work properly.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Somagu wrote:The weapons are tied into the behavior of the AI, it's unfortunately not as simple as just plopping the AI onto another mod. Brutal Doom and Alien TC also use different monsters and weapons, so in all cases you'd need to do some custom jury rigging to actually get it to work properly.
Aww what a shame! Thanks for explanation though!
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

Sorry for the necro, but the link to Realistic Aiming doesn't work.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

The newest rendition of my "RealAim" script is built into Immerse, along with several other camera effects and footsteps that can all be adjusted from an in-game menu.
gramps

Post by gramps »

Getting a 404 at download link :(
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Does anyone still have this?
VitSm

Post by VitSm »

ImpieTwo wrote:Does anyone still have this?
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=28589&start=3690#p1089773
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

VitSm wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:Does anyone still have this?
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=28589&start=3690#p1089773
You're the man! Thanks! :wub:
shino1

Post by shino1 »

Found a download of SneakyDoom, posting here!
https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/2b63fbe ... %20(1).pk3

Immediately backing it up in a mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/brix34s9 ... ck.7z/file
StraightWhiteMan
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by StraightWhiteMan »

Here is (probably) the most recent version as well as the other addons that Josh771 intended to be used with it. It could be the same version as the one shino1 found as well, but just in case, here it is. I downloaded this from this exact thread about 2 years ago though when the link was still active.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19kaHLi ... sp=sharing
Shatter-Thought[V-4]
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Shatter-Thought[V-4] »

I love this mod, even though it can be tough, it is super cool and nicely done!

Here is a little tribute/parody speech. I think most will recognize what I am parodying.

"You have the right to freedom of cursing my
Name as I saw you in half silently.

You have the right to worship the forces of evil which
I will tear apart piece by piece, bone by bone, and every icon.

You have the right to freedom from want, because you won't want for anything once you are blown to pieces.

You do NOT have the freedom from fear, as I remove every hellspawn from existence including your profane self.

I alone have the fifth freedom, to savagely and quietly rub out every hell-born with ruthless and swift abandon to protect the future of humanity.

I alone have the full bad-assery to creep, snipe, stab and assassinate throughout hell to keep invasions of earth from ever occurring again.

I commit brutality, to enjoy the Lamentations of demons and their summoners, and to keep my fellow humans from suffering the wrath of hell's armies.

I am, Splinter Slayer."
Neophyte_Ronin

Post by Neophyte_Ronin »

Any of you boys know whether we can devise a universal version where enemy behavior across any mod operates as such, even with something ridiculous as Brutal Doom? Because anything that can make enemies track you better would make Doom sing.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”