[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
impClaw

Post by impClaw »

I...Must...see...intermap...and...titlescreen...can...you...post...screenshots
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Nmn wrote:If You can do pretty detailed maps You're in I say.
I'm probably going to work on EIM7. I'm strongly considering putting a LOT of hellish influence into the level, since it's the second to last one. You'll see tiles that have fallen away to reveal skin textures, computer consoles that have been ripped apart, and the map would generally look like something extremely horrible has happened in it.
cyber-menace

Post by cyber-menace »

Well to say the least... that would go with Risen's dark and spooky atmosphere he has generated with that map.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

cyber-menace wrote:he has generated with that map.
I prefer the word "Created". In my opinions, his works are so remarkable that it makes e1m7 the best map of the pack. Humble opinion of an average mapper ;)
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Bumpage.
Tormentor, since several mappers have been interested I think this would be a good moment to do a progress check and status report, eh?

And I still remind myself with the Grenade Launcher.
Woolie Wool

Post by Woolie Wool »

cyber-menace wrote:Well to say the least... that would go with Risen's dark and spooky atmosphere he has generated with that map.
I wasn't planning on touching the lighting.
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

Torm: I still have my old HDD, so I can get back the bug/filelists I had on it. They are the last versions uploaded before Christmas, and my system says they were last updated 12.24.2004 prior to noon (GMT -0800). I just did a comparison (using FC in command prompt) and they seem to have quite a bit more data than the ones currently on the server.

Edit: I had to recreate my file inventory and server backup batch scripts, but I've done it and set them as weekly scheduled tasks (Monday, 4 AM, GMT -0800), so expect a rollback to the last Monday if a file gets messed up again.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Tought I'll post some screenies on Ze1m6

spooky
foreboding exterior
a dark storage

The sooner I see screenshots of Your locations the better I will know this thing is indeed moving it's arse toward the finish ;)

Added KDIZD info to teh wiki :D
Last edited by Nmn on Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woolie Wool

Post by Woolie Wool »

The hall is reminiscent of RTC-3057.
killingblair

Post by killingblair »

(Takes in screenshots)
Risen

Post by Risen »

impClaw - go back through this thread for some old intermap screens. I'm not providing anything further for now.

NMN - Thanks for the praise! I do appreciate it. Nice screens! (though I can only see 3 of them) You should know that your work impresses me as well! As for the grenade launcher, I like the single-barrel breech-loading style better than a cylinder loader, but your cylinder graphic was far better. Personally I'd like to see a breech-loader with the same quality you had in the cylinder graphics.

Krillancello: Recreate the filelist.txt, replace the buglist.txt.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

There seems to be a problem with imageshack. I'll have to wait a bit later. I hope the Wallpaper got uploaded. Now we're getting hype.

Risen-I'll work on the grenade Launcher in the following time :) I know how to do things-it just needs to be bigger. I mean bigger-badarsed ;)

Rest-does someone know where is John Romero's forum or was it called again? HYPE! :twisted: :twisted: Spread KDIZD over PlanetDoom, Newdoom, Doomnation.

Tormentor-the DW news system works that uploading news also must contain a link to the site concerning the contain of the news-i.e. put some KDIZD screens on Your page and send it to Doomworld forums for News. Then we'll do so with newdoom.com. Blahaha :twisted:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

When you are going for hype, just make sure you don't use the tag line "Tormentor667 wants to make you his bitch". :lol:
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Enjay wrote:When you are going for hype, just make sure you don't use the tag line "Tormentor667 wants to make you his bitch". :lol:
:laff:
Woolie Wool

Post by Woolie Wool »

Best. Romero. Joke. Ever.

Return to “Levels”