[spooky] sans. (Version 1.352 - MEGALOBLOOK Update)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ribo Zurai

[spooky] sans. (Version 1.352 - MEGALOBLOOK Update)

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Hello. Do you wanna have a bad time?

Click here to download.
(Recommended) Also click here to download Captain J's addon for a better experience.
Spoiler: Changelog
Spoiler: Credits
i'm so so sorry.
Last edited by Ribo Zurai on Thu May 23, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Gothic

Re: [spooky] sans.

Post by Gothic »

It's a beautiful day outside,
Birds are singing, flowers are blooming,
On days like these, doomers like you...

Should be killing demons in hell.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

welcome to the bone zone

edit:
oh shit, the weapon actually is named bone zone
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

Ok, after playing a bit, I gotta say I had a lot of fun with this, specially with slaughtermaps. The only bug I found is that the GasterBlaster counts as a monster, and that ruins your kill rate since you can't kill them.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Oh man, I want to see this get even more accurate. More attacks (circle of Gasterblasters around a target, for example), teleportation, a fatigue system (attack too much without a break and you start to move slower), and maybe having a 1 HP mode (with hitscanners firing projectiles of course).

And a button to just loop his talk sound, of course.

Yes I really really like that game, why do you ask?

EDIT: It'd be neat if it could be done so that his attacks only do one damage per hit but deal constant contact damage and also poison enemies on hit. Would be real interesting, for sure.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Triple S wrote:Oh man, I want to see this get even more accurate. More attacks (circle of Gasterblasters around a target, for example), teleportation, a fatigue system (attack too much without a break and you start to move slower), and maybe having a 1 HP mode (with hitscanners firing projectiles of course).
I like the ideas. I will check out what I can do.

Also, most attacks have the +RIPPER flag, doing a ton of damage per tic. Though a single point of damage wouldn't be enough to do significative damage. I want sans to wreck stuff
Gothic wrote:The only bug I found is that the GasterBlaster counts as a monster, and that ruins your kill rate since you can't kill them.
Oh, didn't notice that. Fixed.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

GasterBlaster's alt fire no longer counts as a monster but the primary still does. Infact, it counts as two monsters per primary shot.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

One more bug, firing various GasterBlasters while standing still, they may target at you.
EDIT: It actually target other gasterfuckers.

Oh, and may I suggest adding "$limit sans/gasperblast 0" to the SNDINFO?

EDIT2: GasterTarget, GasterFucker and GasterFuckerTargeter should have the -COUNTKILL flag, after the MONSTER property, and the problem with the GasterFucker being targeted can be fixed with the -SHOOTABLE flag.
Last edited by Gothic on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Ribo Zurai wrote:Also, most attacks have the +RIPPER flag, doing a ton of damage per tic. Though a single point of damage wouldn't be enough to do significative damage. I want sans to wreck stuff
Me too, but it'd be neat for a Hard Mode. Could combine it with the 1 HP bit and create a pretty neat experience.

Other ideas included reworking telekinesis to function based on what direction you're holding or something (so you could do up or down with primary; left, right, forward, and back with secondary) so you could slam people wherever you wanted, including grounding flying enemies pretty hard. Also increasing weapon swap speed so you can mix attacks up better.

I dunno, I'm rather energetic today so I'm coming up with ideas too much, heh.

RikohZX wrote:GasterBlaster's alt fire no longer counts as a monster but the primary still does. Infact, it counts as two monsters per primary shot.
Probably one for the indicator and then the other is the Gasterblaster itself. Speaking of, the X indicator causes bleeding when it is on monsters. Any way to prevent that?
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

an interesting thing about the gaster blasters
with sv_fastweapons on, holding down primary suspends all blasters in idle until you release, making them all shoot at once
Kizoky
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kizoky »

Spooky errors.
"Script error, "sans.wad:DECORATE" line 191:
Invalid state parameter a_damageself"

Does It require the latest ZDoom dev build?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

KiLerZolika wrote:Spooky errors.
"Script error, "sans.wad:DECORATE" line 191:
Invalid state parameter a_damageself"

Does It require the latest ZDoom dev build?
Um, probably yes. It would probably have been a good idea to test that yourself first.
Kizoky
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kizoky »

I wasn't aware of this, well I fixed the problem by downloading the latest dev build.
Heck, I didn't know there were ton of new DECORATE stuff
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

comet1338 wrote:an interesting thing about the gaster blasters
with sv_fastweapons on, holding down primary suspends all blasters in idle until you release, making them all shoot at once
Yes, that was the best accidental feature I've ever implemented.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Ribo Zurai wrote:
comet1338 wrote:an interesting thing about the gaster blasters
Yes, that was the best accidental feature I've ever implemented.
Just... hearing the sound that results from having a few dozen gaster blasters firing is absolutely incredible. Really, the best way to play this is with sv_fastweapons 1. Just being able to prime the blasters and fire all at once is worth it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”