Original Style Fullscreen HUD for ZDoom & Zandronum

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DTDsphere

Original Style Fullscreen HUD for ZDoom & Zandronum

Post by DTDsphere »

Obsolete, please use Peter's Sexy HUD.
Spoiler: Old Thread
Last edited by DTDsphere on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Original Style Fullscreen HUD for ZDoom & Zandronum

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hey, not bad! It combines the transparency of the ZDoom's alternate HUD, at the same time that keeps the classic Doom flavour... :yup:

Nice job man! :thumb:
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

Hexereticdoom wrote:Hey, not bad! It combines the transparency of the ZDoom's alternate HUD, at the same time that keeps the classic Doom flavour... :yup:

Nice job man! :thumb:
Thanks!

Does anyone miss the mugshot? It's actually still in the code, just commented out.
FennelFetish

Post by FennelFetish »

Its nice looking hud and i like the frags in dm on bottom of hud. But in ctf i dont see score. You probably dont care about ctf but if yes you could add code for display ctf score something like that http://i.imgur.com/keueaRo.png .
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

FennelFetish wrote:Its nice looking hud and i like the frags in dm on bottom of hud. But in ctf i dont see score. You probably dont care about ctf but if yes you could add code for display ctf score something like that http://i.imgur.com/keueaRo.png .
Means I'd have to have a separate version for Zandronum and ZDoom.

Anyway, how do I get this blue HUD to work just for the blue team without ACS?
Johnyledger1

Post by Johnyledger1 »

Hello. I am getting an error message with newest build of Gzdoom.

Unknown texture patch in HUD 1 etc

If this is to vague i am sorry. Just don't know how to ask it.
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

Johnyledger1 wrote:Hello. I am getting an error message with newest build of Gzdoom.

Unknown texture patch in HUD 1 etc

If this is to vague i am sorry. Just don't know how to ask it.
It works in ZDoom! It works in Zandro! Why the hell would it not work in GZDoom? Guess what, I have NO IDEA why it didn't.

Anyway, I fixed it, and also removed a pixel from one of the Ls in CELL.
The CTF support for the Zandronum exclusive version is on hold until the colour changing HUD works. Either by working it out myself or if someone helps.
Johnyledger1

Post by Johnyledger1 »

Thanks man! Awesome HUD!!
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

I gave up and added a workaround. The hud will only turn blue (if you're on blue team of course) if this is loaded as well on the server.

Hopefully this little thing will become commonplace on teamgame servers.
SuperSomariDX

Post by SuperSomariDX »

I honestly like the idea, mainly being of the ease of telling which team your on without having to open the scoreboard. It'll work best for if you picked a random team via autoselect. Here's an odd question though. Would it be possible to have a variation that uses your color defined via player setup?
Last edited by SuperSomariDX on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

SuperSomariDX wrote:Would it be possible to have a variation that uses your color defined via player setup?
That's what I originally would have gone for but I couldn't get it to work. It'd mean I wouldn't have to make the HUD know what team you're on, just tell it to change to your player colour on team games.
FennelFetish

Post by FennelFetish »

I am in love with this HUD, pretty good HUD for competitive playing duel/ctf. Only what i think should be a fixed is the score text in ctf its bottom left now, but when i press my say key, the chat will unreadable bcz the score line is exactly same as the chat. The score line could be moved a bit higher on bottom or somewhere to the top center of screen. (this i could like more) Overall good job. :mrgreen:
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

FennelFetish wrote:I am in love with this HUD, pretty good HUD for competitive playing duel/ctf. Only what i think should be a fixed is the score text in ctf its bottom left now, but when i press my say key, the chat will unreadable bcz the score line is exactly same as the chat. The score line could be moved a bit higher on bottom or somewhere to the top center of screen. (this i could like more) Overall good job. :mrgreen:
I know what you mean but I personally feel it's a non issue. There's no point chatting in CTF anyway where there's a million "x was splattered by y's super shotgun." every second. Also the chat text is over the hud rather than under it, so it's still readable.
Spoiler: WIP screenshots
EDIT 3
Ok, how's this?
http://i.imgur.com/3XY6jBh.png
http://i.imgur.com/QHkaOl9.png

It's very easy to change the alpha.
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

Sorry for the double post. Just saying this HUD is now finished. I've updated the OP with new links to the final versions of this HUD. Enjoy!

EDIT:
ZDoom version, uhhh, the Mugshot isn't consistently centred between resolutions. Is there a way to fix this? I don't think DrawMugShot supports centring.
FennelFetish

Post by FennelFetish »

Yay perfect HUD.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”