Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom [v1.32]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom

Post by armymen12002003 »

Ok ill post anything more bugs if i come across them
NightFright
Spotlight Team

The Portal v1.11

Post by NightFright »

I also took the time to fix some of the sprite issues reported by GreenDoomguy1999 regarding "The Portal":
- Transparency/pixel errors fixed for Afrika Korps soldier CPOS/POSS (8 frames), soldier SPOS/SSWV (5 frames), boss SPID (8 frames)
- Soldier POSS wearing helmet instead of cap (POSSG2-5, 4 frames) corrected
- Gibbed soldier SPOS now has proper uniform color (SPOSM-U, 9 frames)
- Automated chaingun turret not using dog pain sound any more when hit
- Teleporter fog (TFOG) made invisible

Download "The Portal" v1.11 (1 MB)

*EDIT October 20*
Version updated from 1.1 to 1.11; additional changes:
- Doom pistol replaced with edited version
- Chaingun sound replaced
Last edited by NightFright on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Hey cool, new update! Thanks for continuing to work on these :)
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Bugs in treasure.pk7
Mutant at XDeath uses sprites with red instead of purple blood
When taking a blood puddles message is used in the capture of food (I do not know how to be right in the modification)
In the original, the sector that I singled depicted collapsing bridge - are the sector for some reason do not fall
Attachments
In the original, the sector that I singled depicted collapsing bridge - are the sector for some reason do not fall
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Treasure Hunt v1.02

Post by NightFright »

Hummm...
1) Is there even a way to gib the zombie like that? I guess other addons would have that issue too, then.
2) To be honest, I don't know what you mean.
3) That bridge has two linedefs. The first one lowers the side walls of the bridge while the second is supposed to lower the area in front of the door leading to the exit room, simulating a "collapse" (also explains the zigzag lines on the floor - that's where it's supposed to "break"). Anyway, seems that only the first linedef actually triggers, both in the original map and my edited one. The problem: What happens to the collapsing sector depends on its neighbor sectors. If you cross the second linedef before the side walls have lowered completely, nothing will happen. This is a general flaw with that bridge.
I have solved this issue now by adding a small crack sector right next to the existing one which has the same level as the nuke floor surrounding the bridge. It's basically like a gap. This way, the side walls are not the lowest neighbor sectors any more and you don't depend on them lowering completely first. I have also moved the first linedef closer to the entrance so the walls lower a bit sooner before you reach the end. This whole thing is actually a kinda important fix since you are not supposed to reach the exit room by passing the bridge.

Fix for bridge not collapsing in MAP09 of "Treasure Hunt":
Download Treasure Hunt v1.02 (1.7 MB)

In the meantime, I have updated "The Portal" again, see my edited post above. Now the pistol is replaced and the chaingun at least has a different sound, that should be good enough. ^^
armymen12002003

I was just playing a bit of arctic wolf part 1 and the enemies are still infighting each other please fix this.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Fixes for enemy infighting

Post by NightFright »

I checked the Arctic Wolf packs. I had defined NoInfighting via MAPINFO, so I assumed it would work. However, I used it with defaultmap which only affects subsequently defined maps. Only MAP27 and MAP31 were defined in the MAPINFO I provided since the rest was solved with DEHACKED (only map names changed). Apparently, you need to put ALL maps in there anyway if it's supposed to be the same for all levels.

Please try with these versions and see if any infighting still occurs:
Arctic Wolf Part 1 v1.01 (3.3 MB)
Arctic Wolf Part 2 v1.01 (3.1 MB)

Note that this probably will not prevent enemies from "accidentally" shooting each other in the heat of battle, but at least they shouldn't turn on each other any more.

I have reviewed all packs in the compilation and found several cases where the same mistake was made. You may download updated versions here:
Astrostein 3 v1.01 (2.3 MB)
Operation Rheingold Ep.1 v1.01 (2.2 MB)
Operation Rheingold Ep.2 v1.01 (2.1 MB)
Spear of Destiny: The Lost Episodes v1.13 (4.1 MB)
Spear Revisited v1.21 (2.5 MB)
armymen12002003

So far i haven't seen anymore infighting in arctic wolf 1+2 i'll let you know if i see anymore bugs in arctic wolf 1+2
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Excellent! In the meantime, I made another search run through all packs to see if there is any statusbar left which still reads "SHEL" in the ammo counter instead of "MAG". It applies to Eisenmann, Portal, Treasure Hunt and Totenhaus. While the update is too minor to justify a release right now, it's already corrected in my local copies here and will eventually find their way to your hard drives once there is more to be added/fixed.
Average

Post by Average »

Quick question. Does the 41MB zip in the OP contain all the above fixes or should I download all the individual files? :)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Right now, the only complete pack is v1.0 (which has none of the fixes I applied since May 2015). Any fix I have made until now must be downloaded separately. I don't want to compile a new full release before I am done with solving issues.
Last edited by NightFright on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Average

Post by Average »

Cool. Thanks for clarifying. :)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

You may now also download an update pack that contains all the addons that have been updated so far in their latest versions. It is update_all.zip in the fixes folder and will always be changed whenever any new version is added.

I have decided to include the (minor) statusbar updates for Eisenmann, Portal, Treasure Hunt and Totenhaus anyway, so feel free to download those as well (they are included in update_all.zip, too).
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

armymen12002003 wrote:I don't know if your aware of this but in v1.11 of the spear of destiny the lost episodes these skulls and bones was blocking many places that i was forced to noclip through please fix.
That's strange. I have my old SOD MPS 1.0 and there are no problems with skulls or with flashing keys. I've tested SOD LOST EPS many times.
sweety80

Post by sweety80 »

•Alternate HUD (by TheDarkArchon)

HI-res Textures by freelanzer:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jtfre ... olfTex.pk3

SOD Hi-res Textures by freelanzer:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iw9t1 ... SodTex.pk3
Attachments
TDAFSHUDv2.zip
Alternate HUD (by TheDarkArchon)
(95.87 KiB) Downloaded 149 times