[Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutorial

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Onar4241

Re: [Resource]HD Modern Game rips Compilation and Rip Tutori

Post by Onar4241 »

Sinael wrote:Onar4241
Those are not widescreen friendly - they are cut off on the right side. Also they are 480p and not 720p. And the effects suck (I have an idea how to improve on that)
What? They are 720p. You played on the ultra quality option right? They look like 1280x720. And the effects are good, have you tried GZDoom? I dunno about the widescreen friendly thing though.
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

Sorry for bumping the thread, but can you make Duke Nukem Forever rips?
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

UPD: Kinetic Weapon from Hard Reset.
White background because my gifer sperged.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Sinael! Can you rip those frames for the Hard Reset - Kinetic weapon, where the player actually draws the gun? Even 5 or so frames would be a great help, as I currently workin' on it, and I'd need the gun bobbing animation!
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Reactor
I don't really see the point, since it's basic "gun pops upwards" animation, not really suitable to make a view bob out of it.

It would require me to find exact position/rotation I ripped the gun first time AGAIN for the lighting to blend (I recorded the vids about 7 months ago), otherwise there would be jumps in lighting conditions, AND it would require me to rip it for all forms of the gun.

tldr: I'm a lazy prick.

I can see if I can do it if you REALLY REALLY want them

Also would you mind sharing what are you working on, and where can I see it?
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

So it doesn't have any special animation? It's strange, after all, the total animation frame count for this weapon is well above 100. If a gun animation is so painstakingly and smoothly animated, it usually has a draw animation too. If the original doesn't have any special animation apart from the gun barrel appearing from below, then of course, no need to rip anything :)

Sure I can show you what am I workin' on currently. I'm creatin' the Protron cannon "Indigo" (I'm already done with the "Tangerine" variant), and use this weapon as a medium base. Unlike the previous one, this'll be a heavy, two-handed firearm with extremely high firepower. Here is a short overview about the gun design:
Attachments
Protron cannon "Indigo" design
Protron cannon "Indigo" design
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Whelp. My 2TB HDD, where I store all the work data (and OS of my PC) has died, taking away lots of valuable, and often unique data with it. Beside everything, there were WIP rips of various state of completion of Wolfenstein New Order, Painkiller series, Serious Sam 1-3, Dead Sector, Pariah, STALKER and the Precursors.

I may have Painkiller rips somewhere else, as they were the closest to completion, but everything else is most probably gone, since the chance of data revival is low, and even then it would cost more than buying 2 new HDDs =\.

On the positive note though, I have uploaded rips of Duke Nukem Forever quite some time ago, but forgot to update the OP. I'll update the OP once I get my main PC running again (typing this from a laptop, that I formatted shortly before my mainframe died)
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Very well, I'm awaiting for the DNF weapon rips! :)

And if y'can afford, visit a data recovery office. When my WD hard-drive died a few months ago, they helped me. It wasn't cheap alrighty, but still...
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

DNF rips are already there, in the directory, and been there for a month or so, albeit with a bit fisheyed FOV, as the original FOV crops out some of the animation - if you want non-fishy, you'd have to just crop the middle 1024x576 window or something like this (don't remember exact res). Just not posted in the OP.

Sadly there is no data recovery offices anywhere near me, and the data recovery is not covered by the warranty I had on it. The warranty covered whole PC, so I have to hand it as a whole for examination (whether its a warranty-covered case or not). It would be sent to another city for said examination, which will take about 45 days, and will result in either them giving me a new HDD, money, or jack shit with about equal chances. The chance of actual repair is nearly nonexistant, since to them it would be much cheaper to give me a new one than repair the old. For now Im on a netbook treatment, unless I'll be able to revive my old year '05 PC which was sitting idle for 2 years, and is currently is not in operational state.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Damn it,that's nasty :S I wish I could help ya with that damaged HDD. If they refuse to heed the warranty, it'll COST you quite a few roubles...
If I were you, I would not buy 1 big HDD. Instead, I would buy two smaller ones. Two 1 TB hard drives in a computer is an excellent protection against data loss, as it is very unlikely that both goes bad in the same time. It is said that SSDs are also good, and effective. They are, however, expensive, and recovering data from an SSD is harder than playing wow.wad without vomitting.
AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AlphaEnt »

Wow, those RAGE rips were amazing ;)
I've tried to do something like that before but couldn't get enough framerate and cheats didn't worked properly (my pc seems to be kinda outdated for ID tech 5)

However, i realized there one weapon missing: the Authority machinegun
Spoiler:
Do you think it's possible to upload it? I already know how complicated the ripping process may be, just my computer can't handle ID Tech 5 properly.
Spoiler:
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

he's currently busy betting his computer repaired so he might not be back ever
AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AlphaEnt »

TiberiumSoul wrote:he's currently busy betting his computer repaired so he might not be back ever
Ok, Didn't knew that.. Thanks for letting me know ;)
Edit: And just noticed his comment on the post about it...
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Hello everybody. I actually had my PC fixed long time ago, however I lost most of the data I was working with, so I've been kinda lacking in the motivation department. The fact that downloads of my stuff wasnt going well (aka nobody was downloading them), and I havent seen people using my stuff (at least as a base) for their projects aside from couple of those I specifically ripped for, didnt help either. I felt that my efforts were not needed and I better apply them elsewhere. I still might do a rip on request, but dont bet your money on it. Also I was out of loop with DooM commuity for the last few months, so there's that.

I have the raw data needed for the Authority Rifle from Rage rip, but the scope area became artifacted due to lightning conditions I ripped all the other stuff (and the rifle included). If you want I can try and rip it in my spare time, but results may end up being unsatisfactory.

BTW there's a finished Duke Nukem Forever rip in the Mediafire folder. Its not on the OP (since im lazy), but it's there.
WARCHILD_89
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Sinael wrote:Hello everybody. I actually had my PC fixed long time ago, however I lost most of the data I was working with, so I've been kinda lacking in the motivation department. The fact that downloads of my stuff wasnt going well (aka nobody was downloading them), and I havent seen people using my stuff (at least as a base) for their projects aside from couple of those I specifically ripped for, didnt help either. I felt that my efforts were not needed and I better apply them elsewhere. I still might do a rip on request, but dont bet your money on it. Also I was out of loop with DooM commuity for the last few months, so there's that.

I have the raw data needed for the Authority Rifle from Rage rip, but the scope area became artifacted due to lightning conditions I ripped all the other stuff (and the rifle included). If you want I can try and rip it in my spare time, but results may end up being unsatisfactory.

BTW there's a finished Duke Nukem Forever rip in the Mediafire folder. Its not on the OP (since im lazy), but it's there.

damn....I just had the thought of Skyrim weapon rips for Hexen/Heretic modders.... but ther does not seem to be any good FPS mod either...anyway I wanted to download your stuff and use them, but first I would have to scale them down to dooms original screen resolution (from 1280x720 to 320x200)..

a tip: I saw e.g. the MP40 is in HD ready resolution. Scaling them Down to doom HUD (320x200?) will result in shitty quality. It´s better to play the games in low resolution, 480x360 for example and then to make rips. Scaling those down for doom afterwards will have much better optical quality results!

Return to “Resources”