[Steam page available] The Forestale [platformer]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alekv

[Steam page available] The Forestale [platformer]

Post by Alekv »

This thread is outdated, see the release thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=64245

Steam page available:
Last edited by Alekv on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 42 times in total.
TheBadHustlex

Re: [2D Game]Adventures By Alekv

Post by TheBadHustlex »

This looks pretty good. Way better then I thought a 2D-game on GZDoom could look.

Just one question: You said it doesn't work on GZDoom. Where is the big difference between GLOOM and GZDoom? In terms of features.
Alekv

Post by Alekv »

Unfortunately, in the gloom and GZDoom differently stretched 3D model of the coordinate Z, the game was made for gzdoom before, now I rewrote the whole modeldef under gloome and 3D models there is quite a lot
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Tiny Toon Adventures?

Looks interesting, though if it is meant to be something entirely original and not a game/mod adaptation of said show, a cartoon rabbit is probably not the most unique character to use in place of the player. Bugs Bunny, Buster Bunny, Roger Rabbit and Jazz Jackrabbit comes to mind.

EDIT: And Max... from Sam & Max. Rabbits or bunnies are probably the most over-used animals in cartoons, I've no idea why. I've never understood the appeal.
Big C

Post by Big C »

CeeJay wrote: EDIT: And Max... from Sam & Max. Rabbits or bunnies are probably the most over-used animals in cartoons, I've no idea why. I've never understood the appeal.
It's simple in video games, it justifies any high-jumping skills they may have.
BFG

Post by BFG »

this is stunning, had no idea it could be pulled off so well, i've seen some other 2D mods which always look buggy but this one looks complete for the most part and the gameplay is very consistent, but I agree about a rabbit not being an original character, I would make it a Guniea Pig or Chinchilla or something less used
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

This is pretty neat, I really like the aesthetic, it's so sweet that I'm afraid I'll get diabetes if I look at it for too long. Also, a sidescroller in the Doom engine is pretty rad too.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

The bunny looks adorably cute.
If i can only do Voice Acting to the Bunny...
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Alekv wrote:Unfortunately, in the gloom and GZDoom differently stretched 3D model of the coordinate Z, the game was made for gzdoom before, now I rewrote the whole modeldef under gloome and 3D models there is quite a lot
You can undo the model Z scaling in GZDoom by setting the "pixelratio" property to 1.0 in MAPINFO.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Very cool and cute project. Are the level tiles made entirely out of 3D meshes? How are you handling the collision? I see that there are curved level tiles but models do not have any collision... are you making the level collision using invisible sectors?
Alekv

Post by Alekv »

CeeJay wrote:Tiny Toon Adventures?
Looks interesting, though if it is meant to be something entirely original and not a game/mod adaptation of said show, a cartoon rabbit is probably not the most unique character to use in place of the player. Bugs Bunny, Buster Bunny, Roger Rabbit and Jazz Jackrabbit comes to mind.
EDIT: And Max... from Sam & Max. Rabbits or bunnies are probably the most over-used animals in cartoons, I've no idea why. I've never understood the appeal.
BFG wrote:this is stunning, had no idea it could be pulled off so well, i've seen some other 2D mods which always look buggy but this one looks complete for the most part and the gameplay is very consistent, but I agree about a rabbit not being an original character, I would make it a Guniea Pig or Chinchilla or something less used
What about a character .. He belongs not to me, so I'll be doing my, I'm certainly not a fighter for the rights, but so does not want to gain a lot of experience, do not know whether it will be a rabbit or any other character, but it will be like in Toon anyway.

As for bugs, they are here, on gzdoom 2 version, this game does not slow down at all, the video is not a lot of date and recorded it playing on gzdoom 2 version, but decided to switch to engine gloom, as it as on gzdoom 1+ version brakes, I very much lacks such settings as the "precash3dModels" in MAPINFO, of course I'm trying to do something about it, but if it does not remove the inhibition have to stop the further development of the game.
YukesVonFaust wrote:The bunny looks adorably cute.
If i can only do Voice Acting to the Bunny..
Yes, the game has no sound at all = (
But the sound \ music as a game I'll be ready at least 70%
The Zombie Killer wrote:You can undo the model Z scaling in GZDoom by setting the "pixelratio" property to 1.0 in MAPINFO.
Perhaps, but the models have been specially customized for the gloom, some not only stretched but also changed the height z coordinate of the 3D model, even if your ratio to adjust the pixel gzdoom will not look correctly. But I try to make compatible with both engines if possible.
Nash wrote:Very cool and cute project. Are the level tiles made entirely out of 3D meshes? How are you handling the collision? I see that there are curved level tiles but models do not have any collision... are you making the level collision using invisible sectors?
The character goes on a simple floor and sloping without textures, and 3D models posed so it seems the player goes to him =) There is, in principle, nothing complicated, the problem is only in the slow work of the gloom and gzdoom 1+ version .. very much lacks the cache configuration models boot level, although I'm not entirely sure that the brakes only for models, perhaps even because of the sloping floors.

Sorry for my English =)
kodi

Post by kodi »

Are you using gzdb's export to .obj function to create the base for your models?
Alekv

Post by Alekv »

kodi wrote:Are you using gzdb's export to .obj function to create the base for your models?
No, why? I'm doing a 3d model in blender and all models in the format .md3
kodi

Post by kodi »

Figured it may be a timesaver to start out with the collision floors in gzdb,export the map to a 3d model, and make the md3's with that as a base. I'm really just interested in the workflow of using 3d models for map architecture because I'll be doing it myself soon enough :P
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

very nice

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”