Head Hunter.v6 - Rebalancing and TNT

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheSkyBug

Head Hunter.v6 - Rebalancing and TNT

Post by TheSkyBug »

This is my first mod which is not an add-on for someting.
Just a simple weapon pack with some modified effects from Colourfull Arsenal.
The goal of this mod - it's fast run'n'gun gameplay, so:

-Weapons are powerfull and fast, but you can fastly run out of ammo.
-You are a little faster that original Doomguy, but take a little more punishment, so you need to be pretty agile to survive.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Note: if i miss someone, or your content is not free to use - just tell me and i'm add you in credits, or replace your content with something another.
Note №2: i just write from where I take that. I'm not sure where that appears first.
Spoiler:
Download links:

GZDoom version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhdzh0mqqkt3l ... 6.pk3?dl=0

Because of some WADs have DEHCAKED replaces for nazis, i made the clear version without them (And MP40).

GZDoom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqz9vro7qvxgr ... 6.pk3?dl=0

And... I asked Lippeth for permission long ago, but he did not answer me... I will publish my editions of his edition of Ketchup gore mod.
Lippeth, if you don't want me to publish it - just tell me and i'll remove it.

Common version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1yxuwjd9es1f ... g.pk3?dl=0
Common version without nazis and Keens: https://www.dropbox.com/s/si3ggorcidsa3 ... n.pk3?dl=0
Special version for Head Hunter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f4g0zhr7a0d9 ... r.pk3?dl=0
Special version for headHunter without nazis and Keens: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exw9rp3cyinhc ... n.pk3?dl=0

Also i'll recomend you to play in it with some monster-pack, or otehr gore mods. I can recomend nashgore, or Dark Doom creatures. They bring me a lot hours of funny playing.

As always: your opinion in comments is very important for me.
Last edited by TheSkyBug on Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:03 am, edited 25 times in total.
Ribo Zurai

Re: Head Hunter - the simple weapon pack

Post by Ribo Zurai »

The weapons themselves are very well done, but they feel slightly unoriginal. The Slot 6 weapons seems to have come straight from Russian Overkill, with slight edits. But it's a nice mod overall. Also, is that shotgun from the Doom 4 footage? I loved it.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Ribo Zurai wrote:The weapons themselves are very well done, but they feel slightly unoriginal. The Slot 6 weapons seems to have come straight from Russian Overkill, with slight edits. But it's a nice mod overall. Also, is that shotgun from the Doom 4 footage? I loved it.
6 slot idea was taken from SuperDemon mod. It has "Vindicator" weapon that shoots "ringed" projectiles like shotgun.
But code is fully mine. The one thing i stealed from RO - it's using Missiletype "" property.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

TheSkyBug wrote:Revolver sprites taken from Sprite Carnival. I really can't find this post now. Author, please, tell me your name so i can credit you.
i did made that colt sprite, the original post is here. anyway this mod is looking and working great! nice job!

btw, am i only think that i reload so darn faster than a gun flash? also slot 5~7 weapon's projectiles has no decals at all.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Found a quirk, it seems for each shot from the revolver, a reload will take away three bullets. So the full six shots reloads for 18 bullets.
DevilBlackDeath

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

Is it just me or is that shotgun from the new Doom? Didn't know someone already made a sprite of it :P
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

RikohZX wrote:Found a quirk, it seems for each shot from the revolver, a reload will take away three bullets. So the full six shots reloads for 18 bullets.
I made tis for balance. Every minigun shot cost 1 bullet and deal 2 damage (with doom random), but colt deal 6 damage with every bullet (with doom random), so to not make it OP i maked thiw feature.
Captain J wrote:
TheSkyBug wrote:Revolver sprites taken from Sprite Carnival. I really can't find this post now. Author, please, tell me your name so i can credit you.
i did made that colt sprite, the original post is here. anyway this mod is looking and working great! nice job!

btw, am i only think that i reload so darn faster than a gun flash? also slot 5~7 weapon's projectiles has no decals at all.
Edited. About decals: 6 slot, i guess, doesn't need his decals, but 5 and 7... Yep, i'll make them.
About reload: it's so fast to keep the original "Run'n'gun" playing style, that was broken in many mods with looooong reloads.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

TheSkyBug wrote:that was broken in many mods with looooong reloads.
I'm sure reloads from other mods had no problem at all but being normal and balancing. and did you played trailblazer or wildweasel's nazis before? They are the examples of faster reloading, regardless it's still slow to wait.

Well, you said it's a fast run 'n gun mod, why don't you inform it on the first page?

EDIT: you did, thanks for hearing me.
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

A little update.

Changelog:
-Now you can kick your enemies! Press Q (Can be changed) to do it! It's near useless, but with berserk you can became the zombie and imp stomper!
-Added decals for 5 and 7 slot weapons.
TheSkyBug

Re: Head Hunter.v3 - re-arming, nazis and more

Post by TheSkyBug »

Big update!

Changelog:
-Added tons of balance changes: increased kick range and damage, nerfed sword damage, speed up shotgun and sawed-off reload, make colt 100% accurate and many other changes.
-Removed the minigun, instead of it...
-Added UZIs! They have slower rate of fire, but much more accurate and have one more cool feature...
-Added nazi replaces! Now passing Wolfenstein-like levels will be some kind of challenge. They drop...
-Added MP40 - mostly a joke-weapon: deal more damage than UZI, but have slow rate of fire and pretty inaccurate.
-Remaked the Rifle animation, so it doesn't look like shit anymore.
-You can now kick while reloading the shotgun.
-A little improved tracers, make them a little slower.
-Fixed zandro version super-slow weapon changing.
-Fixed zandro crash while you die.
-Removed +NOEXTREMEDEATH flag from tracers.
-Added wall and flesh hit sounds for tracers.

And some other changes, that i can't remember now.
TheSkyBug

Re: Head Hunter.v3 - re-arming, nazis and more

Post by TheSkyBug »

A little update with remaked tracers. They looks much better now.
TheSkyBug

Re: Head Hunter.v3b - meet new hero!

Post by TheSkyBug »

Updated:
-Fixed Nazis wrong shooting offset. They now shoot from barrels instead of knees.
-Added personal skin for player! Now my goal is to make it Trailblazer-like mod: with unique character, lore, logo, titlepic (Maybe, because i'm shitty painter), and, maybe, even taunts.
-Changed the leg sprites with player's skin. Maybe soon i'll add blood on boots.

And now bad news:
Zandro version totally bugged. It still playable, but 5 and 7 slots don't have decals (I can't understand why), and wrong drawed tracers (Because of non-working missileheight property). I'll try to fix it but, since there are, i guess, no one plays this in zandro, i'll stop develop Zandro version.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

Erm, where are you from? Don't tell me if you are from the Eastern Europe or I'll slap you hard.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

why do you ask, because his grammar is so bad? if you say so, it's pretty out of topic and yet racially not right.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

I'd add you some player sounds. Here they are: http://www.mediafire.com/download/spo05 ... sounds.rar

Credits go to: Quake and Counter Strike 1.0

To Captain J: Naturally this was my reply because of his poor spelling. My bad.
SOME of these replace the existing Doom player sounds.
pain1 to pain6 SHOULD play if the player is hit.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”