[MOD] Final NeoDoom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Daniel

[MOD] Final NeoDoom

Post by Daniel »

Last edited by Daniel on Mon May 18, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
grouchbag

Re: [MOD] Final NeoDoom

Post by grouchbag »

Already played it and enjoyed it very much.Very beautiful as well as good gameplay.Thank you. :D
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

I started playing this on hard and when I got the pistol and used it, I would automatically switch back to my fist even though I had plenty of ammo to use it. Or is this supposed to be done on purpose to add artificial difficulty? This even happened to me when I tried again on easy.
Last edited by Doomguy 2000 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:I wonder how a sequel to NeoDoom manages to become worse that what it should be?
Isn't that a bit extreme? Why not start with, "Hey, I've got a bug to report..." instead of "This is worse"?
Jblade

Post by Jblade »

The pistol zombies can snatch your pistol out of your hand if you get up close, that's what's happening.

Anyway, NeoDoom was one of my favourite wads so I was really glad to see this. I'll play through it and try and get a review done for it.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Im not gonna lie, whilst theres some improvements (the bigger later maps look gorgeous), its somehow worse than neodoom? The guns somehow feel worse than they did, and the mapping lacks a lot of the style and flair that they used to have. Sure they look better but they're not as fun and more forgettable
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

wildweasel wrote:Isn't that a bit extreme?
It's always like that. This shows exactly why I was reluctant to disclose this mod in english-speaking forums. There are always those harsh comments from superficial evaluations that absolutely don't help in nothing, in which contrasts totally with the vast positive majority. This is not constructive criticism, and leads to think that it's personal. This time, I'll simply fade away.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

NeoDoom...wasn't that the Brazilian mapset with Duke city-style maps from a decade ago? It was pretty cool iirc...will have to check this out once the damn site comes back up. (why is every site down for maintenance when I want to get something?)
It's always like that. This shows exactly why I was reluctant to disclose this mod in english-speaking forums. There are always those harsh comments from superficial evaluations that absolutely don't help in nothing, in which contrasts totally with the vast positive majority. This is not constructive criticism, and leads to think that it's personal. This time, I'll simply fade away.
All ZDoom mapsets get the same treatment now, but it's still no reason to hide it...there are plenty of us here who like mapsets that are different. (not to mention there are virtually none being made nowadays thanks to the above)
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Thanks to some people that everything is not lost yet :wink:

By the way, I liked pretty much your SoundFont collection blog. I put a comment about the Silverspring Soundfont, and offered you a "Doom Soundfont" that works pretty good trying to sound like the old OPL2 instrument tones from the original Doom music.
Average

Post by Average »

It's not too often we get (G)ZDoom specific mapsets (compared to game play mods) so I look forward to trying it out. :)
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Hey Daniel, I remember NeoDoom being overall an enjoyable experience when I originally played it (some years ago now), aside from a few "dealbreakers" in only a select few levels. I'll play this and let you know what I think in due course. :) Don't let criticisms, however harsh, discourage you from doing what you love - simply see if they're worth taking on board at all and improving your work with them.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

wildweasel wrote:
Doomguy 2000 wrote:I wonder how a sequel to NeoDoom manages to become worse that what it should be?
Isn't that a bit extreme? Why not start with, "Hey, I've got a bug to report..." instead of "This is worse"?
Your right, I apologize for making that stupid post. I guess I should of waited until the next or something to post my thoughts on why I felt this way.
Jblade wrote:The pistol zombies can snatch your pistol out of your hand if you get up close, that's what's happening.

Anyway, NeoDoom was one of my favourite wads so I was really glad to see this. I'll play through it and try and get a review done for it.
So that's why I keep losing my pistol? Maybe later tonight if I have time, I'll give this another shot and see if it's any better for me because I would like to personally enjoy this sequel to NeoDoom.
Jblade wrote:It's always like that. This shows exactly why I was reluctant to disclose this mod in english-speaking forums. There are always those harsh comments from superficial evaluations that absolutely don't help in nothing, in which contrasts totally with the vast positive majority. This is not constructive criticism, and leads to think that it's personal. This time, I'll simply fade away.
I would hope not, but then again I don't blame you with what I said which was a bit too harsh because like I said before, I wasn't thinking straight.
batfink

Post by batfink »

Love the mod, very reminiscent of 3D Realms' work, but dislike the fact that it automatically switches loadout to bare fist/chainsaw when an enemy is extremely close
rsl

Post by rsl »

Wow, nice to see that one of my hero mods from the past has come back again! :D
Gotta download and try it again ASAP when I get home. I'm really curious to see what has changed...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Cool, Daniel is back and one of the all time classic mods, NeoDoom is back too. Excellent stuff. Downloading... :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”