[Sprites] Alice Jameson's Sprite Resource (DoomGirl p.3)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Tormentor667

Re: [Sprites] Alice Jameson's Sprite Resource

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Blox - Pretty nice, but needs more gore :)
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Minigunner wrote:
KEENA0.png
From NeoDoom. The death frames are shitty, though, so I'd recommend doing them on your own.
I believe it was actually original made by Thomas van der Velden for TVR!. :P
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

I am still working on the Jazz Jackrabbit Commander Keen Replacement. It's turning out to be a little bit more work than expected. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to do sprites from scratch, but at the moment my ability is limited to edits. Working on it though.

[Edit 2/6/2012: Added some more blood and stuff. Still a WIP but yeah.]

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Already quite nice for an edit, well done :)
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Thanks. :) At the moment I've been debating whether or not to keep it at being 128 units tall or using scale in decorate to making it about 72 units tall like the original commander keen. I've been leaning towards keeping it at 128 mostly because that would keep the rope and everything the same size and I figure most rooms in maps nowadays are about 128 units high anyways so it would work. I'm hoping I can get this set done soon. The others shouldn't take much longer seeing as how they have older graphics than Jazz Jackrabbit (Or I suppose I should say Jazz the Jackrabbit 2 I believe is where I got the sprites I edited from). Oh and the gibs are edited from ItsNatureToDie's Satyr Gibbage. I tried to remove all of the brown satyr flesh from them although in retrospect it may have been easier to try doing some gib framesfrom scratch. But I figure I've gone too far already to start from almost scratch. Sigh... But yeah hopefully I'll have this one done within the week. Also I have tested the frames I have so far (fixed the alignment for the noose also) in game and so far they seem to animate alright which is good, I was afraid they wouldn't. :o
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

We already have John Romero as a self-deprecating joke, why not some other DooM developer? Like Tom Hall. :twisted:

Keen, Duke and Jazz are alll too good to be effigies.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Alice Jameson wrote:I've been leaning towards keeping it at 128 mostly because that would keep the rope and everything the same size and I figure most rooms in maps nowadays are about 128 units high anyways so it would work.
As an aside, I'd suggest that there are less 128 tall rooms these days than before. 128 tall is pretty much the "default height" for a Doom room and '94-like n00bish maps feature them heavily. More experienced mappers and more modern levels tend to use that height less commonly. It's still a common height but I think that, proportionally, it is less common than it used to be.

Just sayin' ;)

The sprite looks good though. I always wondered why the hanging Keen was done in such a way that needed it to be in a certain height of room (72?) though. I suppose if you are just creating something as a one-off Easter egg, then you make it work in that situation and it doesn't matter if it works elsewhere.
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Yeah I did find that weird myself that The keen sprite only works in a height of 72 (at least that's what it seems from the sprite and I'm pretty sure the platform he's on in Doom 2 is 72 units). I figured since the Jazz sprites are for 128 units high I'd leave it that way but I also have a scale line in decorate to reduce it to 72 which is commented out. I figure people can use it however they see fit when I finish it whether it be a 128 room or a 72 or really anything else if you use the scale factor for it.
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Added the Jazz Jackrabbit replacement to first post.
rapfamily4

Post by rapfamily4 »

A really great job! I'm actually using this as tutorial to create and set different sounds for the player. Did you used the female TF2 Scout sounds?
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

That is a 3 year bump, sir. Bumping old threads is generally frowned upon and you should probably check the post dates next time. :)
rapfamily4

Post by rapfamily4 »

Whops, sorry!
ravage

Post by ravage »

BlazingPhoenix wrote:That is a 3 year bump, sir. Bumping old threads is generally frowned upon and you should probably check the post dates next time. :)
In a way I'm kinda glad this thread was bumped. I'd like to use some of these sprites now.
WARCHILD_89
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

The female Player class will be used in Doom Nemesis for my "two story" thing. So thanks for this Submission (yeah I know this thread is bumped, I just wanted to point out that this resource is being used and I´m Thankful)
JGskittles45

Post by JGskittles45 »

When I'm using this the "fist" weapon is the same as before. Instead of the woman arms that the other weapons have the fists are the normal, hairy doomguy arms. What do?

Return to “Resources”