Mediafire troubles...

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
grouchbag

Mediafire troubles...

Post by grouchbag »

Has anyone been having problems with downloading from Mediafire lately? Starting yesterday,every time I've tried to download something,all I get are those captchas.I'm using Firefox right now,but I've also tried Explorer.I've been using Avast free anivirus.Uninstalled it,tried Mediafire,stiil didn't work.Even switched to another network I have access to,but it was a no go.Cany anyone help please? Thanks in advance! :o
Reactor

Re: Mediafire troubles...

Post by Reactor »

Mediafire works awkwardly sometimes. In 4 cases out of 10, the download fails, and Mediafire prompts you whether or not you wish to repair the download. If you choose "yes", you got 50% percent that it'll finally work.

I use both Internet Explorer and "Firefos", and as far as I witnessed, the type of browser does not have any influence over this phenomenon. If the download fails with Internet Explorer, so does in Firefox. A possible cause may be that the servers of Mediafire are overloaded, and the current server hosting that particular file experiences some difficulties.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Thanks for answering,Reactor.You could be right,but this is really weird.I went to an older page at DW,and Mediafire worked there,it's just not working on the new DLs since yesterday.Oh,well.maybe in a few days? Guess I could redownload Fire fox again.Hope this isn't happening to anyone else....I reinstalled Firefox,and Mediafire is working for now. :D
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I had the same problem where I immediately got a captcha. I thought that was odd. What was even stranger is that the captcha wasn't even appearing. My first thought was my Adblock, and sure enough, Adblock was blocking it for some reason. When I disabled it to see if that was the problem, I saw like 5 freaking ads all over the page. I NOPE'd out of there so fast... the download can wait.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Right after Mediafire worked again,the same thing happened.The captchas.I noped out too.Uninstalled Firefox,and installed Chrome this time.Don't like it,but it's better than the other crap.I have access to 3 different networks where I live,all private and secure.Mediafire still did it.Sooooo.....contacted arelative in Oregon,shad similar problems.Don't know what's causing this,but please be careful,Nevander.Good luck! :)
Evil Operative
Location: Inside a land where Walls and Decors are covered in Blood and Guts. (Brutal)

Post by Evil Operative »

I have the same problem also. But I would like to make it clear that Adblockers of any kind are not affecting their Captcha system. When a crap ton of people over the world are downloading files from Mediafire at the same time, their servers get laggy. And that is the reason Captchas sometimes don't appear:

SOLUTION: Wait 5-7 minutes and then refresh the page to see if the Captcha appears or not. If not, just wait and refresh patiently. That's what I do, anyway. ;)
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Well,no captchas for a few days,then BOOM! they are back.I've tried your solution,Evil,but it just woudn't work for me.But I will try it again later.Thanks for your help. :D
mallo

Post by mallo »

You have to solve them twice, then copy code to a bigger box and then press "authorize download"
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

Ah, yes, Mediafire. I have so many troubles downloading from that site. Good thing there are other sites like Sendspace.

Return to “Off-Topic”