'D' Radys Class Mod [JAPANESE MOD]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zadango

'D' Radys Class Mod [JAPANESE MOD]

Post by Zadango »

FIRST THING : THIS IS NOT MY WORK, I'M JUST SHOWING YOU A COOL MOD I'VE FOUND ON A JAPANESE DOOM BBS/BLOG THINGIE.
Author of this mod is SHOgun http://www.geocities.jp/doomer667shogun/index.html

This mod can be run with ZDOOM or GZDOOM. It features new GFX, new SFX, new Music Tracks, a bunch of new weapons (author says 98, but I have some doubts, actually, there are variation of guns, depending of your class.) There's a Shop System, yet it seems to doesn't work.
There are 24 items you can use. This is not a level WAD.

Mod features 9 different classes. (The ReadMe file is completely fucked up, so I can't really tell about the advantages/disadvantages of each class, all characters have their unique weapons and skills)

The mod uses data (graphics, sounds...) from various games (Heretic, Hexen, Duke3D, Blood, RoTT) it uses stuff from Realm667.com, and from the following wads:
-Brutal Doom
-Arsenal
-Aeons Of Death
-Imminent Firestorm
-Equinox
-BatmanDOOM
-Bp2Wm
-Doom 3 Mod
-SPZDOOM2
-Painkill
-Westandoom
-Kisound4
-Bsswm
-Le_Guns 2
-Le_guns 3
-GvH
-Action Doom
-WGR2
-Ketshup / Nashgore (?)

Mod comes with a Manual, yet, this one is quite messed up (probably because it's written in Japanese) so don't exept any information about guns, items or enemies. (Some names are even dis-formed) :?

= HOW TO RUN =
Select DRCv6_spray , DRCv62_gf , and DRCv62_wt13fix wad files, and then drag them to your ZDOOM / GZDOOM .exe, then enjoy the mod!
Remember to define keys before starting for optimal gameplay.

= ARMORY =
Melee:
Spoiler:
Guns Set 1:
Spoiler:
Guns Set 2 :
Spoiler:
Launchers :
Spoiler:
Energy Weapons :
Spoiler:
Magic Weapons :
Spoiler:
Undead Weapons :
Spoiler:
Projectile / Throwing Weapons :
Spoiler:
Ennemies Limbs Looks like you can actually get Monster's Weapons. (Never got the chance to test this IG)
Spoiler:
= ITEMS = (As the manual is fucked up, I have only limited knowledge of item's effects.)
Spoiler:
Last edited by Zadango on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesis6

Re: 'D' Radys Class Mod [JAPANESE MOD]

Post by Nemesis6 »

Huh... so autism is a thing in Japan, too, I guess.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Nemesis6 wrote:Huh... so autism is a thing in Japan, too, I guess.
I'm sorry, was this post necessary? I think perhaps this one should have remained unsaid.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

The readme isn't fucked up, it's just displaying in the wrong encoding. It's in Japanese anyway, and machine translators don't do a very good job of it. If there's any interest in it whatosever, I'll translate everything, but I didn't think the forums at large would care about something like this.

[edit]Also, yes, the credits probably aren't 100% accurate. Don't be too rough, though. Zadango did the best he could here, as Shogun didn't really bother writing credits for anything he didn't make.

[edit again]And once again, also... yes, the mod is very haphazard and strange, If you're looking for a balanced experience or something that isn't full of tons of pointless and redundant weapons and resources, don't bother. I'm just trying to save you the trouble now.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

To anyone interested in browsing that site: Most of the wads showcased there aren't from Japanese modders, but the stuff you'd see here & at Doomworld.

...Aaand the other stuff is not exactly Cacoward material.
Last edited by amv2k9 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Oh, I guess that's another thing I should mention. Shogun and Nanka Kurashiki make up two of the only Japanese mod authors I'm aware of. (I've looked.)
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Bazooka dog is the best class. Why did no one think of that before!?
Zadango

Post by Zadango »

You're right Somagu Doom Modding Scene is quite nonexistent in Japan, Also yes, there are WADs from Doomworld listed on the blog. Thanks amv2k9, I forgot to say that :D

@Sgt.Shivers : True Story x)

So well, I can't really tell about SHOgun's work, As I've never heard about this modder before. I even think that this mod is dead. As this is a old release.
About credits, I've couldn't find any Credits listing into game data. Maybe I've missed it, but I think that SHOgun's simply made a quick listing. Ah anyway, can we really bash him for that? this is a pretty good job he done there.

Also, please note that most of the stuff on his blog isn't from him, it's a selection of many mods already released.
'D' Radys should be compatible with any level WAD, I've tried with DBZone, and it worked fine. So I believe that you can use this mod with Bella 2, 12 in 1 survival, or BTSX.
Huh... so autism is a thing in Japan, too, I guess.
Err... I'm tempted to say something, but this is going to be rude and I want to avoid problems, so I'll shut my mouth.
Actually, I don't see why you say it's autism... Explosing chickens, girls with guns, power-overwhelming, bazooka dogs and TNT critters is autism for you?
I hope you don't play Russian Overkill or DEMONSTEELE, cause according to you , those mods are full of Autism.
Maybe you could check Wikipedia about autism?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism -here's some lecture for you.

If you don't like original stuff, then don't comment, don't bash the good work of a modder, even if he's not 100% clear with credits and stuff. D'accord mon ami?

EDIT : What do you guys think about getting this stuff into Zandronum? :?:
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

The shop system works fine, BTW. You need to bind specific controls, and certain classes can't hold certain types of weapon. I'll go over the basics of each class and the inventory items, but I'm not gonna bother unless anyone actually asks, because that shit's gonna take me hours.

[edit]
EDIT : What do you guys think about getting this stuff into Zandronum? :?:
He already made an older zandronum/skulltag-exclusive version, for the record. It was a less refined version of what we see here.
Zadango

Post by Zadango »

Store Spawner Item is needed to access the shop I suppose? I've only tried to press the shop access key without actually having this item.

Do you know is this version is compatible with Zabdronum? The oldest version I could find is V5.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

I don't understand. Neither what is happening in the provided screenshots, or how to even download this as it turns out I'm not fluent in Moon Glyph.

But then I figured it out.

I'm greeted by an armless torso and that's a thing and turns out it spits fire. Then the player character starts shooting dolls that explode out of its hands. Alright. There's also an oddly creepy chicken crossbow that shoots chickens with human (?) heads. Turns out I was just playing as the evil shower curtain badminton birdie rabbit thing. My mistake, shoulda stuck to the little red ridinghood cirno that throws molotov cocktails and batarangs instead. At least she plays better than the head with legs that eats monsters like a lost soul, as uh... unique as that one is.

I don't know how I feel about this one. Maybe I like it. Part of me thinks it's hilarious and could have its uses down the line, another part of me thinks that had the guy only included a few levels we coulda had a Japanese Grezzo 2.
Zadango

Post by Zadango »

Dolls are Curse Dolls, they can summon Red Ghosts.
The chicken crossbow graphics sucks, I give you that. This weapons is quite darn fun yet, If you look closely, you'll notice new explosion sprites ;)

Molotovs are in fact Holy Water, So never approach a holy water source with a lighter my boy!
Honestly I found this mod very fun.

But what's about levels? D Radys Class mod contains no new levels, you've probably downloaded some levels on the blog, in fact, like amv2k9 said, it's WADs from doomworld. ;) But yet, I admit I've somewhat felt like playing a Japan version of Grezzo . :D not a bad thing.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

If you want something closer to normal Doom gameplay, I'd go with Rena. Her main "gimmick" is reloading weapons. Nagato/Yuki/whatever her given name was also has somewhat typical gameplay. Her gimmick is that every weapon she can wield has a unique alt-fire.
Zadango

Post by Zadango »

Is anyone interested if I make a better, accurate manual for this mod?
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I can help you with it, if you have steam or something for us to communicate with. (Continue via PM if you're interested I guess)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”