Request account Deletion

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Dragon Mech

Request account Deletion

Post by Dragon Mech »

i am requesting the deletion of my account. i only joined to see if multiple monitor support could be added to ZDooM. but that was shot down with a good reason and i have no other reason to keep this account active. please e-mail me a confirmation of the deletion once it has been done.

Dragon Mech
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Request account Deletion

Post by Kinsie »

See you next week!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Dragon Mech wrote:i am requesting the deletion of my account. i only joined to see if multiple monitor support could be added to ZDooM. but that was shot down with a good reason and i have no other reason to keep this account active. please e-mail me a confirmation of the deletion once it has been done.

Dragon Mech
Under a lot of circumstances, I'd be all too happy to comply with a request like this (usually with a pithy one-liner like "Your wish is my command"), but I only do that to people who have actively tried to break the rules and then demand to be martyred when I tell them they're wrong.

You are a different sort of person. You joined with an honest question and got an honest answer. You were respectful of the purpose of the forums and you made the wise decision to not get mad when you were told that your suggestion was not going to happen.

Ergo, I'm not going to delete you (because that causes problems) and I'm not going to ban you. I think you could like the forums if you stick around and have a look at some of the awesome things our members have done. Maybe you're the audience someone is looking for. Maybe you'll end up giving someone's project a positive review and giving them a reason to stick around. I don't see a reason why I should remove your forum access for just one feature suggestion.
Fishytza
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Fishytza »

Out of curiosity, is there a difference between getting (permanently) banned and getting your account deleted?
edward850

Post by edward850 »

I don't think accounts actually get deleted, assuming they actually have posts. It tends to make a mess of things.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

FishyClockwork wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a difference between getting (permanently) banned and getting your account deleted?
When an account gets deleted, all of their posts still remain but are attributed to "guest." It's a pain to sift through.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Banning would be pointless, may as well just keep the account so you still have it if you ever decide you want to come back.
Dragon Mech

Post by Dragon Mech »

if i'm to remain a member of these forums, i should at least download ZDoom and try it out. oh, and i should probably properly setup my profile as well.
Trance

Post by Trance »

You made a feature request without having even played ZDoom?
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

To be fair, he probably played a child port of ZDoom. At least he didn't blow up like other people would. I would love to see this person stick around. :D
Gez

Post by Gez »

Trance wrote:You made a feature request without having even played ZDoom?
It is pretty simple to check whether the feature -- especially one such as multiple monitor display -- exists without installing the software in question.

To some extent it's possible to play ZDoom on several monitors at once, if you play in windowed mode. Then you can move the ZDoom window so that it overlaps several screen areas, and there you go. It's not really practical though.

You'd also need to have some interesting aspect ratios, like 16:3 (or 48:9 if you prefer), if you want to stretch the view across three 16:9 monitors horizontally. ZDoom lacks a mechanism for arbitrary aspect ratios (and if it were added, it would probably break HUD scripting when used). There is also no way to have different stuff on different screens, such as for example one with the view window and another with the automap. (Besides, there would be keybind conflicts if automap and view window are active at the same time.)

All that said I don't get why deleting the account is needed to stop posting on a forum. I could see a privacy angle (not leaving traces) but a username like "Dragon Mech" is relatively anonymous (a web search gives millions of results, including a Lego set and a tabletop game). Could always request being renamed to something like "Captain Doom Fox" and become truly invisible on these forums! :P
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Unless WW has discovered something I have not we (the moderators) cannot delete users.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Gez wrote:Could always request being renamed to something like "Captain Doom Fox" and become truly invisible on these forums! :P
I already created an account with that exact name just to sit on it, and I believe with wildweasel's blessing.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Siggi wrote:Unless WW has discovered something I have not we (the moderators) cannot delete users.
This is true. Randi is the only person that can do that, and I'm okay with this, because like I said, it causes problems if a user has actually posted.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

ehm, why not just connect to this forum without login?

On a dumb way, you could make something to get banned, or, change your e-mail adress and your password to a random one and you'll never remember again how to login here :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”