Hotline U.A.C (BETA)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Angel-Neko_X
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Hotline U.A.C (BETA)

Post by Angel-Neko_X »

Hotline U.A.C is a mod based on Hotline Miami, which you kill everythugs in each areas, U.A.C means : Unlawful and Anarchic Control

Plan in the tech demo :
-1 map demo
-1 about tech test
-1 map intro

Features:
-Gore (not done yet)
-New hud
-New ennemies
-New weapons (almost, need melee weapons)

Videos :

Download the beta now!
Main game BETA 5 : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ahnfh ... A5_FIX.wad
Main maps of "First Snuff" BETA 5 : http://www.mediafire.com/download/2k53z ... _BETA5.wad
Last edited by Angel-Neko_X on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ShinyCrobat

Re: Hotline U.A.C

Post by ShinyCrobat »

I think it needs Hotline Miami's art style and colors, personally. Also, is this the one with masks? I remember seeing a Hotline mod for Doom that had mask selection...
patrik

Post by patrik »

This idea made me wonder: would it possible in Zdoom make top down view?
ShinyCrobat

Post by ShinyCrobat »

patrik wrote:This idea made me wonder: would it possible in Zdoom make top down view?
I believe someone has done it before, but I don't have a link or any memory of a name, sorry.
Miron

Post by Miron »

Hotline charactars can carry one weapon at a time, consider editing it. Throw mechanics also would be nice.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

An auto-updating minimap showing enemies would help prevent getting ambushed due to severely limited health and fov, since Hotline always let you see all of your surroundings. Don't know if that's possible, but would be a fairly nice addition.

Or maybe a way to see enemies through walls? Just trying to think of ways to offset dying easily.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Neat idea. Definitely needs one gun only, throw mechanics, ect. I would slow down bullets though, dodging the occasional bullet was essential for hotline miami
Nash

Post by Nash »

At first I thought this was going to be top-down, then I see that it's done in first person, which at first made me impressed as I think it's interesting that you're translating this game into first person, but finally I realized that playing this game in first person is even more annoying (as if the 1-hit-kills in the top down version wasn't annoying enough).

Really needs a radar or a minimap or something... it would be super frustrating to play without it in first person IMO.
thonglover
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by thonglover »

Nash wrote:At first I thought this was going to be top-down, then I see that it's done in first person, which at first made me impressed as I think it's interesting that you're translating this game into first person, but finally I realized that playing this game in first person is even more annoying (as if the 1-hit-kills in the top down version wasn't annoying enough).

Really needs a radar or a minimap or something... it would be super frustrating to play without it in first person IMO.
Especially how fast the enemies move. (Not saying tone down their speed or anything)
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

I hope finishers isn't forgotten. As with crowbar appearing when you get killed during one.
Also I don't think bullets were THAT fast in HM.
Angel-Neko_X

Post by Angel-Neko_X »

Someguy in youtube have tryed to make Russian sprites for my mod... But, I prefer use marine sprites has whatever the thugs!
http://imgur.com/fLJeoNn

Changelog :
-You get points by disarm marine thugs
-Bug fixed for the scores, players get points from killing thugs and no from friendly fire from enemies
-Better frames for baseball bat
-the m16 has a sprite pickup
-scaled shotgun

To do:
-Working on the tech map (where you can try every weapons against spawnable thugs)
-Change the means of U.A.C (Unlawful and Anarchic Control) (Thanks to TerminusEst13 for his idea)
-Improve again the decore of thugs, when they lose gun, they have only fists
-Maybe more guns
-More melee weapons (knife and katana)

MORE IMPORTANT:
-Making sure it's for Zandronum due of skin changing for different charaters

Note:
Suitable for CO-OP mode with survival or standard one!
cem26

Post by cem26 »

Continue it man! thats good idea with doom!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

That "Hey, you." is actually my voice from my Lizard Squad mod. I can't believe people are actually using it lol.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

ShinyCrobat wrote:
patrik wrote:This idea made me wonder: would it possible in Zdoom make top down view?
I believe someone has done it before, but I don't have a link or any memory of a name, sorry.
Not sure if it's what you're talking about, but I've been working on a GTA-ish mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me_3kolap_U

(if Angel-Neko wants the code for this for his mod, he can send me a PM and I can send it his way.)
Angel-Neko_X

Post by Angel-Neko_X »

lizardcommando wrote:That "Hey, you." is actually my voice from my Lizard Squad mod. I can't believe people are actually using it lol.
That's odd, I've found your voice from NEO-DOOM!
The Zombie Killer wrote:
ShinyCrobat wrote:
Not sure if it's what you're talking about, but I've been working on a GTA-ish mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me_3kolap_U

(if Angel-Neko wants the code for this for his mod, he can send me a PM and I can send it his way.)
It's okay but the matter is just the sprite editing for the charaters, I've tried to find the russian mafians in VG but I have just the gang member sprites.
For other protagonists, I've planned to make 4 charaters but for the storyline. Jacket in the tech demo can be okay!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”