[ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

[ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

Post by CeeJay »

A hi-res patch replacing every wall, enemy, item and weapon with HD counterparts (128x128) along with assorted sound effects from official/commercial sources including the Atari Jaguar, Macintosh and Apple IIGS ports of the game.

WOLFENSTEIN 3D & SPEAR OF DESTINY PATCH

Screenshots (these are old):
Spoiler:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/asm7vddmt ... k.pk3/file

SPEAR OF DESTINY "THE LOST MISSIONS" PATCH by Dunya
Under construction

MUSIC
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lcuc5 ... nStewX.pk3 Re-mastered Wolf3D and Spear music by BrainStewX
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j9f8z46f3 ... s.pk3/file Nautilus' Wolf3D soundtrack, now lossless (FLAC)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/svg5g ... us_3DO.pk3 3DO port soundtrack for Wolfenstein 3D/Spear of Destiny (lossless)
(coming soon) Macintosh port soundtrack

CREDITS
Spoiler:
Last edited by CeeJay on Sun May 24, 2020 1:19 am, edited 39 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [ECWolf] CeeJay's hi-res/enhancement patch

Post by wildweasel »

Screenshots, perhaps? Just a suggestion...also, why is the download link in a spoiler?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Because it is an work-in-progress, i'll un-spoiler it once I consider the project finished.

I don't see much need of screenshots but if admin insists I could upload some.
Gez

Post by Gez »

A screenshot makes sense for a high-res pack that replaces walls and sprites.
Double(Super)Shotgun

Post by Double(Super)Shotgun »

CeeJay wrote:Re-recorded/remastered music by Nautilus (Re-Wolfenstein 3D) and BrainStewX: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vv7dr ... us_OGG.pk3
I didn't know these existed until recently. My apologies, I'm new here so I don't recognize the usernames, but these re-recordings are by fans, not official tracks from later releases?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Double(Super)Shotgun wrote:I didn't know these existed until recently. My apologies, I'm new here so I don't recognize the usernames, but these re-recordings are by fans, not official tracks from later releases?
Re-Wolfenstein 3D is/was a reinterpretation of Wolfenstein 3D made under a more modern engine (like many others before and after). Nautilus was the composer on the project. BrainstewX is a YouTuber username, I've no idea who this guy is but he did remasters of both the Wolf3D and Spear soundtracks.

This pack is also not what I would call finished. I will make two packs, one with the Re-Wolf3D music and one with BrainstewX music.

I'll have screenshots up soon...
Disc Primitive

Post by Disc Primitive »

Really cool. Gonna DL.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

I would suggest crossposting to Diehard Wolfers as well.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Upcoming release will see a lot of spit and polish to the walls. Including actual "Verboten" and "Achtung" signs. The goal is, after all, to be faithful to the source.

EDIT: I am unable to create an account on the Diehard Wolfers forums. If anyone else would like to post, who have an account there, are welcome to do so.
Judge

Post by Judge »

CeeJay wrote:Upcoming release will see a lot of spit and polish to the walls. Including actual "Verboten" and "Achtung" signs. The goal is, after all, to be faithful to the source.

EDIT: I am unable to create an account on the Diehard Wolfers forums. If anyone else would like to post, who have an account there, are welcome to do so.
Sure. Pm me what you want the post to look like and I will post it on DH Wolfers for you. Just tell me what section.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Just the fact that this project exists. Quote the description and link to either this forum post or the one on forum.drdteam.org.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Will this project make use of the HD weapon sprites from the Jaguar port, possibly as a separate download?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I haven't decided yet whether to use the SNES/3DO/Mac weapons or those from the Atari Jaguar port. People seem to be really split about this.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

I'd personally go with the Jaguar weapons or new weapon sprites all together ((There was one pack with an actual Luger as the pistol)). But I think seperate addons for sprites would be better and a safer option.

I don't really like the SNES/Mac weapon sprites all too much. They look really out of proportion, especially the pistol and chaingun. They just look... odd.
Genisys

Post by Genisys »

The ECWolf site seems to be down. I have tried to connect during the last few days without success. Any information regarding this?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”