Hocusdoom RELEASED (/idgames pending)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ravage

Re: Hocus Doom

Post by ravage »

Progress! Map12 (map 2 of Episode 2) is nearly finished.
I still have to work on the scoreboard but at least work is getting done. I still need some playtesters to go through the first episode and let me know about anything that needs fixed, or any issues with gameplay.

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Oh yes :)
CyberMan

Post by CyberMan »

I got the graphical error on Software video mode: http://prntscr.com/75s5gj
CyberMan

Post by CyberMan »

http://prntscr.com/75s5gj - there's my problem.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

sweet. sweet blood 'n crimson textures.
fluff

Post by fluff »

It's beautiful.
My opinions so far:
Spoiler:
Is an option to restart a level possible? Replaying the entire game just to get the best score possible when you screw up one stage is a pretty brutal punishment. I know you could just savescum and all but that feels cheaty.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

fluff wrote:Is an option to restart a level possible? Replaying the entire game just to get the best score possible when you screw up one stage is a pretty brutal punishment. I know you could just savescum and all but that feels cheaty.
In the console type "map map##" or whatever the name "map" is replaced with along with the number of the map. You'll restart the map entirely.
fluff

Post by fluff »

Will doing it that way affect my overall score? I assume not but not entirely sure of how that system works.
Disc Primitive

Post by Disc Primitive »

Can't put words on how awesome this is. I love both Hocus Pocus and Doom (or Hexen I might say, as the hand sprite is from the mage in that game), and seeing the two in one game just blows my mind. :D
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

fluff wrote:Will doing it that way affect my overall score? I assume not but not entirely sure of how that system works.
Well, there's also "changemap map##", which brings you to whatever map you want with all your current items/weapons intact. It also keeps any monsters you've killed dead and items that have been collected will stay collected. It's kinda cheat-y, but if you don't mind that than just use that one. Once I found out about it, I've used it to go back to map 15's on various megawads to find the secret exit, if it isn't a timed one.
Disc Primitive

Post by Disc Primitive »

Kind of like how Blake Stone did.
ravage

Post by ravage »

fluff wrote: Is an option to restart a level possible? Replaying the entire game just to get the best score possible when you screw up one stage is a pretty brutal punishment. I know you could just savescum and all but that feels cheaty.
I'm not sure what you mean. When you die, you only have to restart the current stage, not the entire game. Is your score somehow resetting to 0? I've never once seen that before.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

ravage wrote:
fluff wrote: Is an option to restart a level possible? Replaying the entire game just to get the best score possible when you screw up one stage is a pretty brutal punishment. I know you could just savescum and all but that feels cheaty.
I'm not sure what you mean. When you die, you only have to restart the current stage, not the entire game. Is your score somehow resetting to 0? I've never once seen that before.
I think it's more along the lines of accidentally beating a level before getting everything, so you'd wind up with a lesser score. The "changemap map##" will let you go back, though.
ravage

Post by ravage »

Well, that's the point of the scoreboard. Each new playthrough is a chance to beat your high score!
fluff

Post by fluff »

I understand that, it's just kind of daunting to replay the entire game because you were a little slow on a single level. :c

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”