Star Trek TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
demo_the_man

Re: Star Trek TC

Post by demo_the_man »

Heres a differnt perspective (not mine)

A militaristic, expansionist power uses the threat of Klingon invasion to break its prime directive.
Galaxy_Stranger

Post by Galaxy_Stranger »

Only if there's hookers and blow.

Besides, I've also been working on this:
untitled7.jpg
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

whoa, glad there's no frakking cylon's ships so far.
Galaxy_Stranger

Oh, they're next...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

ahh, frak. it just got real.

just kidding, you are doing a great job for SCI-FI Folks on doom community!
Galaxy_Stranger

Actually, Enjay had sent me some model rips from various sources. One of them was a TOS Viper. I want to make one with all of the appropriate animations and landing gear.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Galaxy_Stranger wrote:I didn't know you worked on Argas Effect. Man, I miss those Spehs Station k7 days...

It just pisses me off - I started an Aliens mod and called it Alien: Infestation and Fox has the balls to take that title from me! I've been picking at Star Trek for 10 years - and now somebody's beating me to it!

I used to dream of taking the resources from K7 and making a doom mod. But I still needed to make my own models.

I need to get my hands on this: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Origina ... op?ie=UTF8
Yeah, I did a lot of the models for Argas Effect (weapons, bridge stations, transporter console, shuttlecraft, etc.). I also did work that was used in other mods (TOS weapons mod, synchromesh's Enterprise maps, and some others).

This TC kind of started out as a "back-port" of the TOS weapons from EF, and has grown from there.

There's nothing wrong with more than one person working on similar projects! Especially in the Star Trek universe - there's so much to draw from that everyone will come up with something unique.

TrekCore is a good resource for screencaps and audio resources... Check here for some audio clips and music.
Galaxy_Stranger

Very spiffy - I'm surprised Paramount hasn't taken it down.

Are you working on anything specific in regard to story or multiplayer maps? Or just putting things together for a proof of concept?
Galaxy_Stranger

AFADoomer wrote:Image
(Click for full-sized screenshots)

A view of engineering detail work (still missing a few things)...
This screenshot made me think about something. There are many details of the architecture that were never revealed on the show, for obvious reasons. But some of these mods - and even franchise games like Elite Force that re-create some of these areas and augment what we saw on the show, sometimes using the semi-canon floor plans and blueprints produced over the years. Are you using any of these resources for reference? Indeed, are is your intent to create the entire deck plan?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Galaxy_Stranger wrote:Very spiffy - I'm surprised Paramount hasn't taken it down.

Are you working on anything specific in regard to story or multiplayer maps? Or just putting things together for a proof of concept?
Less of a script than I'd like... Mostly building the gameplay mechanics and "known" resources at this point. I still need to do some more wok to create NPC style actors, which will take some significant effort.
Galaxy_Stranger wrote:

A view of engineering detail work (still missing a few things)...
This screenshot made me think about something. There are many details of the architecture that were never revealed on the show, for obvious reasons. But some of these mods - and even franchise games like Elite Force that re-create some of these areas and augment what we saw on the show, sometimes using the semi-canon floor plans and blueprints produced over the years. Are you using any of these resources for reference? Indeed, are is your intent to create the entire deck plan?
I'm kind of using a variety of sources and my own imagination. Sets that were seen on screen I'm building from examination of screencaps, some I'm making up out of whole cloth, others I'm modifying and re-using in different context (e.g., the center of the Klingon bridge is loosely based on the pilot briefing room, and the Starfleet computer lab in The Menagerie is being reduced in height and reused as a shipboard computer lab). When it suits me, I'm using the old Franz Joseph blueprints, but mostly just for inspiration (e.g., the shuttlebay maintenance area, which is smaller and not really remotely the same as his, but similar in content and layout).

An entire deck plan would be kind of cool to walk around in, but wouldn't serve a functional mod that well... Too many identical boring rooms. Right now I'm planning to have "accessible" rooms with colored door panels, and "inaccessible" rooms that are just door-shaped wall indentations with grey door panels. But we'll see.
Galaxy_Stranger

Great idea.
Galaxy_Stranger

Experimenting with some alien planet surface and interior designs...
HAH! - I just noticed the rock formation in the background.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This feels so 60s :)
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

A few new screenshots of my most recent progress... Some of the models here are work by other authors that I've temporarily borrowed from various Elite Force mods (namely the iconic chair, the transporter monitoring viewer, and the gymnasium wall plant-on). I plan to re-model those eventually; I'm using them as placeholders right now. The rest is my own work (either ported from from Elite Force or new).

I'm debating on keeping the Arboretum area. It looks OK, but the models aren't mine, I don't know where they originally came from, and I really have no desire to model trees.

Arboretum (WIP)
Saucer section gymnasium
Emergency Transporter
Briefing/Recreation Room
Corridor
Engineering with near-final detail
Turbolift and Transporter menu system (Destinations are WIP)

As a side note, using a high-DPI screen absolutely destroys your sense of how large an image is. I've been playing at 1856x1392 because it's a convenient window size on my laptop. Everything is so much clearer there than in these screenshots (compare the engineering screenshot to the others - it's resized externally versus being taken in-game at low resolution), but I somehow don't think people want to be forced to download screenshots that large...
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

After above screenies, I am totally fuck'd up! Can't wait for a demo or release, I'll try to hack your pc AFADoomer. :-D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”