New Wolfenstein game

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: New Wolfenstein game

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Xtyfe wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:
Xtyfe wrote:I finished The New Order, holy shit was that a good game. For me to say that about anything these days is saying a lot! It kind of creeps me out a bit too that it's a Bethesda game as well, scary. :p

I'm going to try my luck at The Old Blood next.
*Machinegames. Bethesda Softworks is merely the publisher, you're thinking of Bethesda Game Studios. the game is more or less Machinegames work.
That is true, but they always seem to put their buggy fingers on it in someway. Just look at Rage.
IIRC that's because of the way id Tech 5 engine is designed. Bethesda Softworks again don't develop any of the games that belongs to id Software, and is merely the publisher. what happened to Rage is entirely id's fault, and some of the graphical glitches like texture popping still exist because they never bothered to fix that. i know fairly well that Bethesda games like Elder Scrolls have a history of being universally buggy pieces of shit, but that, again, has nothing to do with this situation i'm certain.
edward850

Re: New Wolfenstein game

Post by edward850 »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:and some of the graphical glitches like texture popping still exist because they never bothered to fix that.
You can't fix what isn't a bug. The texture pages are streamed in dynamically (they have to be because your video card does not have >10 GB of VRAM), so the issue here is the end user's Hard-drive/CPU->BUS->VRAM performance, not the engine itself.

The only actual bugs at the time was ATI's gigantic GL driver fuck ups on the release of RAGE (and that was ATI's fault). They were since fixed, and I noticed thus no critical issues occurred on the release of Wolf:TNO.

Return to “Off-Topic”