OMG Weapons and Monsters! V5 - TENTH ANNIVERSARy EDITION

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Disc Primitive

Re: OMG Weapons and Monsters! V3 - THE REBIRTH

Post by Disc Primitive »

Got rekt by just watching that video. Gonna DL this bae right now
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Deathzor you fuckin psychic
I was working on a compat patch yesterday no way you didn't do this on purpose
deathz0r wrote:It totally is, son

Oh yeah and the fast fists is affected by the Berserk powerup now, forgot to add that in the video
I also did this, was going to do it for the Iron Fist, but I figured it was going to be op.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Oh wow... I remember playing the hell out of this like 10 years ago. XD
deathz0r
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by deathz0r »

Thanks for all of the comments, I appreciate it a lot to hear that this had inspired quite a few of you back in the day!
wildweasel wrote:I don't think I ever gave this an honest review back in the day. Perhaps when I get home I'll give it another go.
I'm looking forward to it! Now that I'm making a (somewhat?) serious effort with this, I'm more than happy to listen to any criticisms as long as they stay within the design goal for this.
Glaice wrote:Why not move the contents into PK3 format?
I only recently converted my other project that I've been working on to PK3 a few days ago, and I haven't done any changes to OMGWPNS in the past couple weeks. It's on the to-do list
Untitled wrote:I think you probably should move the Demon of the Pit (rare boss) from Cyberdemon to Spider Mastermind - we already have a Super-Baron in the cyber slot, and traditionally, nastier bosses should be put in the Mastermind slot (due to the Spider Mastermind being much rarer).

Also, I feel the revenant lord could be moved to the Cyber slot - it's not terribly large, and given that Cyberdemons are way more common than masterminds it could easily go in there.
These both sound reasonable, I'll change it with the next version.
Unholypimpin wrote:oh and welcome back deathz0r <3
Thanks man, going mostly AFK for seven years was a nice breather from Doom. Now I just need to shit up the /newstuff reviews and my comeback is complete!
MarisaKirisame wrote:Is... Is this a dream?
"OMG Weapons and Monsters! V3 - THE REBIRTH

Post by deathz0r » Fri May 01, 2015 10:03 am"

I should have posted this a month earlier to confuse people more, my bad!
Tapwave wrote:Deathzor you fuckin psychic
I was working on a compat patch yesterday no way you didn't do this on purpose

I also did this, was going to do it for the Iron Fist, but I figured it was going to be op.
*whistles*

To be honest I'm thinking of slightly nerfing the speed of the Fast Fists because it could get a little bit OP with Berserk, I'll have to do some more testing with this
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Okay, so, the biggest problem I have with this (I recall complaining about it near original release, too...) is how many extremely dangerous monsters there are in relatively "low" spawns. I am routinely being slaughtered by zombiemen wielding super shotguns and rocket launchers, imps that seem to have one-shot melee kills, and demons that explode violently when nearby.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

GL Zombiemen haven't proven to be too tough for me, often beneficial (provided the quarters aren't too close), but I will agree with you on the SSG guys, they wreck your shit for how abundant they are, especially early game.
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

wildweasel wrote:Okay, so, the biggest problem I have with this (I recall complaining about it near original release, too...) is how many extremely dangerous monsters there are in relatively "low" spawns. I am routinely being slaughtered by zombiemen wielding super shotguns and rocket launchers, imps that seem to have one-shot melee kills, and demons that explode violently when nearby.
I'll consider reducing the chance of them spawning, but I don't feel like nerfing them is a good idea as I don't personally believe it's necessarily a bad idea to have a challenge earlier in the game. That said, I might consider having the OG zombieman give twice the bullets when they die to balance out levels that rely on them giving the player ammo.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, I'm okay with having tough enemies early in as long as you get a decent reward. Dropping a super shotgun zombie with a pistol just to get 4 shells or something won't work.
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

Finally updated the OP with the full changelog! While I was writing it I considered reducing the pellets that the SSG Zombieman shoots from 6 to 5, I'll see how that goes
Disc Primitive

Post by Disc Primitive »

Not to be cranky, but which to choose? ColorfullHell or this? Ah hell, why not both?
Big C

Post by Big C »

Disc Primitive wrote:Not to be cranky, but which to choose? ColorfullHell or this? Ah hell, why not both?
Nothing like an eternity of ACS errors and plasma to the face. :P
Disc Primitive

Post by Disc Primitive »

You got that right sir
deathz0r

Post by deathz0r »

Big C wrote:
Disc Primitive wrote:Not to be cranky, but which to choose? ColorfullHell or this? Ah hell, why not both?
Hey now, if I preface everything in the DECORATE code with "OMG_" and someone wants to make another PK3/WAD which combines the spawners together, what's stopping this madness from happening? ;]
Big C

Post by Big C »

deathz0r wrote:
Big C wrote:
Hey now, if I preface everything in the DECORATE code with "OMG_" and someone wants to make another PK3/WAD which combines the spawners together, what's stopping this madness from happening? ;]
TOUCHE SIRRAH.
Disc Primitive

Post by Disc Primitive »

The unofficial theme song for this badass mod!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”