GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Combine_Kegan

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/9/2015 [V0.9.

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Hetdegon wrote:Gave it a quick try (with one of my favorite tunes from Alcahest, heh, this mod knows what I like), didn't manage to find the new shield, but so far so good.

The new sword sprites are interesting, I like them a bit more. The powered sword sprites make me think it's made of crystal or gemstone or something, which is also kinda cool. I thought the grappling hook was replaced, though? Might be remembering wrong though.
I like the new activation method for shining knight mode, although the sword looks a bit off when it's active.
I don't think I've mentioned replacing the grappler, maybe tweaking it in some manner, but definitely not replacing it, and yeah I should probably get some different idle frames for the shining sword.
Hetdegon wrote: The Blazter's new dart shots are also nice, barring the already-reported thingy with the spread. I like the way the big dart gets set to announce full charge, looks pretty cool. I thought the darts were kind of supposed to activate shot-activated switches though, so it's weird to see it spray all over instead of being more accurate as it was. I rarely play any map where you have to make precision shots for switches, but without the old wand and with a sprayed shot, it's gonna be a lot of tries to get one far away. If there's any map that requires precise far-switch-shooting in a short amount of time it's gonna be a bit tricky although not impossible. It's fun to kill stuff though, so that's a win, I am actually using it in battle now.
Actually a few updates ago I made it so the Blazter fires invisible harmless hitscans regardless of your current mod to trigger switches, I took Term's advice there, glad you're liking the new darts though, I'm gonna try out something new soon for the big dart attack
Hetdegon wrote: As for the new item crash system, it seems to work rather well, but need to test with more maps to see how it fares overall. So far I like it and didn't seem to be extremely scarce, so that's also nice. Was the torch's IC always that awesome, by the way? Because it murders stuff quite nicely and in a wide area.
Also, didn't manage to find enough drops of secondary item containers to try, but are POW versions still around?
Oh god no, I've made it absolutely vicious now, again I'm really glad you're enjoying that
Hetdegon wrote: Also I love the enemies exploding in bones and junk. I find it far more amusing than the typical ketchup overdose.
I would like to give a more in-depth review/commentary/praise, but I am a bit pressed for time lately, and I kinda put Doom to the side because of a nasty bug in GZDoom on Linux, so I am not playing it as much as I used to do. Still hyped for the release though, so will try to give it more love on my next free day. Also loving the hammer as much as always. It's just so satisfying to use.
I had a lot of fun with GMOTA's gore system, I think an over the top explosion of bones and blood is more fun than organs and sticky ketchup.

and the hammer is being removed as a sub-item, so I hope you're prepared for that, it's being promoted to Blaz's final subweapon, and it's going to be a doozy.
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hetdegon »

Uhmm, hammer as sub-item? Hmm...hammer...shield...decisions, decisions. But on the other hand...item crash for hammer? Oh man. I hope my already outdated gzdoom can run next release then!
Gantznaught

Post by Gantznaught »

For some reason I cant play this updated version of GMOTA
Script error, "GMOTA_V0.9.8_Hotfix3.pk3:actors/lordblaz/zarach.txt" line 168:
Unexpected token string constant "weapon"
Anyobdy know how to fix this?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Gantznaught wrote:For some reason I cant play this updated version of GMOTA
Script error, "GMOTA_V0.9.8_Hotfix3.pk3:actors/lordblaz/zarach.txt" line 168:
Unexpected token string constant "weapon"
Anyobdy know how to fix this?
Time to update your source port. Grab a newer version of GZdoom, perhaps?
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

I love the new Revenants. Skeleton wackiness +500%!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

for extra wackiness, i'd recommend to add the tumbling bawling pins sound to it would be whackier. but too bad there's were no bawling in fantasy world.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Spoiler:
Powerups? Powerups.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i see a raven like spy with my little eye.
TankenAbard

Post by TankenAbard »

I can't get enough of this. It plays incerdibly smooth. Questions, however...

So, are we going to see the Alchemist or "Knight with Battletoads kick"? I hope LordBlaz isn't the only character in the end, though, he covers a LOT of ground as it stands.

Also, what the hell is BLAZ40 in the music selection? I've gone through countless old game soundtracks, and I absolutely can't, for the life of me, figure it out.

On a final note, thanks for indirectly introducing me to a bunch of old games that rock.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

TankenAbard wrote:I can't get enough of this. It plays incerdibly smooth. Questions, however...

So, are we going to see the Alchemist or "Knight with Battletoads kick"? I hope LordBlaz isn't the only character in the end, though, he covers a LOT of ground as it stands.

Also, what the hell is BLAZ40 in the music selection? I've gone through countless old game soundtracks, and I absolutely can't, for the life of me, figure it out.

On a final note, thanks for indirectly introducing me to a bunch of old games that rock.
Yeah, you'll be seeing the other two heroes in due time. Blaz is nearly finished and then work will begin on the second hero. Who'll specialize in long range attacks and wield the only hitscan weapon.

BLAZ40 is Megalomania from Live A live
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

I'm not dead.

well I mean I am, but I'm still working on GMOTA
Spoiler:
I might have created a monster here.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

about their name; broodlings, i hope i can see a biggest and mommy version of them!
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Captain J wrote:about their name; broodlings, i hope i can see a biggest and mommy version of them!
You can see the Brood slime's wings actually in that pic.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

oh yeah, i can see it now at behind. so what am i talking and desiring about is exist except that is not a mother of them? regardless, sounds good to me.
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hetdegon »

Is that slimes? Blackberry flavored? Fun!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”