Re-Exhumed [Public Test 1.2]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
nicolascy

Re: Re-Exhumed [Public Test 1.2]

Post by nicolascy »

The option to turn on/off 3d models would be awesome ,making everyone happy,yet sprites simply don't look very good in full 3d engines.The best compromise are voxels but they need a lot of work .That's not to say 3d models don't need a insane amount of work to properly model and animate them but you can find some ready ones to speed up developing time a bit.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Sorry, but both this project and GZDoom Builder already require a metric ton of work, so, unless someone else creates model or voxel replacements for this project, I'll stick with them sprites.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Good idea indeed, too much stuff to manage. BTW, I'll see if I have some time to rip Sam's stuff from myself. Otherwise, Re-Exhumed will remain always beautiful as it is now :-)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

So I've done some ripping with MilkShape3d Trial Version (don't have bought the registered one) and it worked only for the models (compressed MDL, very detailed IMOH), unfortunately I wasn't able to rip textures (if I try to export them with SeriousEditor the result is a TGA that shows different colors for each model that's part of the whole model, so it's useless - no way to convert them also with TEX to TGA Converter, it fails epicly).
BTW surfing the web I see that Serious Sam 3 has editors in it to rip and export ALL OF ITS MODELS/TEXTURES to different file types. Unfortunately I don't have SS3 and I'll never buy it.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

My god you are helpless :)
Spoiler:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

So you've got the point to how to do it or you simply just know how to be done. It was a bluff.
MaxED! (to read as like "seconded" :lol:)

PS: Anyway, I didn't have the necessary progs IMOH - with Milkshape registered, Sam's stuff could be ripped fast and in a perfect way
nicolascy

Post by nicolascy »

In my opinion i really don't like serious sam's enemy designs at all.The level architecture on the other hand with the huge open areas is great but enemies simply aren't.Exhumed main enemies designs are simply perfect.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

nicolascy wrote:In my opinion i really don't like serious sam's enemy designs at all.The level architecture on the other hand with the huge open areas is great but enemies simply aren't.Exhumed main enemies designs are simply perfect.
While I didn't express myself in this way, my suggestion was obviously for Sam's props only. Exhs foes are totally different and not replaceable with something too much Serious :-)
enkeli33

Post by enkeli33 »

Sorry that I reply for the old topic maybe... But I want to express my feelings about this re-exhumed project and it's FU*KING MASTERPIECE! It's even better and more badass that original game! Great work, sir!
enkeli33

Post by enkeli33 »

I actually found a bug... When you haven't enough health, it's impossible to jump into these pits in map 1
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

if the falling damage is intended and natural, i think it's not a bug but needs-to-be-perfect-moment. so i would say it would be not unfair if you didn't wasted all of the healing items for preparation.
nicolascy

Post by nicolascy »

Well exhumed for the pc was very hard with anything other the easy setting.The falling damage should ofcourse stay as it is but maybe a few more health pickups may iron out the difficulty curve to avoid unessesary frustration without feeling too easy.
nicolascy

Post by nicolascy »

Are there any updates ? I hope everything is going smooth !
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i'd say we gotta lurk 'n wait til update things happens, we don't need to bump the month old thread except some glitch reports.
Sgt. Pepperoni

Post by Sgt. Pepperoni »

I'm a little late, but FPS Creator Model Pack 17 have some cools models in it, maybe you might want check it out ?

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2045 :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”