FragTrak Four! More Final Doomer compatibility!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
brunocar

Re: FragTrak²™

Post by brunocar »

Tapwave wrote:
brunocar wrote:whats the point of it, please help me, i seriously dont get whats the point of it
The point of it is that you have vanilla gameplay. But since you can quantify everything you do with your weapons, you should give yourself challenges. Like "Hey! I really want to get prestige 1 on my pistol, even if it's 1500 kills!" So you'll use stronger weapons to whittle down enemies before you can then whip out the pistol and finish them off for pistol kills. Which also gives you more XP since it's a weaker weapon.

Or you'll play on higher difficulties, trying to kill more enemies because you want more XP for the next rank. Or you'll use berserk packs as much as possible to get fist kills which give the most XP.
Or you'll forgo prestiges entirely and instead aim for the highest killcount on specific weapons, so you can brag about having 25500 kills on your pistol, or...

Get it now?
brunocar wrote:i find the fact that you used vanilla doom as a the template amusing, if you play doom normally you are just going to use the shotgun
Refer to my point above.

While it is true that via my playtesting, the first gun I got to prestige 8 was the super shotgun, all the other weapons still retain use. Chaingun for sniping enemies, fist when berserk for grinding xp and easy kills, chainsaw when out of ammo, shotgun in Doom 1, pistol when starting out, rocket launcher against tougher foes, plasma gun as a chaingun replacements sometimes, BFG for really tough enemies you need dead NOW like archviles.

So no, no weapon upgrades, and no rpg stuff. It's just counters.
well... i guess that for that propouse is useful and fun; but the hud on the latest version is still a little confusing
thanks for clarifing this to me
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

The new hud is jut a highly simplified version of the original. All the elements are in the same place, apart from the ammo indicators, which are at the bottom right.

By the way, quick bugfix, rank icons were spoiling higher levels when playing on Nightmare! or with double ammo, this is fixed now.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

New patch is up. Really minor cosmetic changes this time. Mostly.

• More fitting sound for low-level rankups.
• New prestige icons! Now you only have one at a time, and they're more stylish. I think.
• Weapons should now REALLY behave like in vanilla. I omitted some frames here and there.
RUNSABER

Re: FragTrak²™ Bigger Medals Edition

Post by RUNSABER »

Played Episode 1 for a good 15-30 minutes with just the shotgun, you can rank that thing up pretty quickly in the first episode if thats your thing! I also REALLY like how the ranks carry over from episode to episode, maybe from WAD to WAD? Havent tried it, but I enjoy it either way, I can keep playing, track my kills, and rank up in the process. I tried loading with Complex Doom and it doesn't work, and with good reason. I'd much rather warrant this towards a more vanilla-happy experience. That being said.. This loaded with Colourful Hell is a nightmare. :) Something like this with Hideous Destructor would be pretty bomb. Thanks, Tapwave!
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

RUNSABER wrote:I also REALLY like how the ranks carry over from episode to episode, maybe from WAD to WAD?
Absolutely. Not only it carries from map pack to map pack, but all your kills are shared on all four doom IWADS (1, 2, plutonia and TnT)
I tried loading with Complex Doom and it doesn't work, and with good reason.
Not sure why. Does it replace the monsters or the weapons? If yes, then you found the issue.
This loaded with Colourful Hell is a nightmare.
I'm planning to make a patch for it when all the monsters are out!
Something like this with Hideous Destructor would be pretty bomb.
Could do, but there's a lot of different weapons, and I'm not exactly sure how I can make it all function without breaking gameplay.
Thanks, Tapwave!
You too! I don't get feedback like this often, so that's pretty good.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

People usually (only) want your next release or updates on a project. Eagerness persists, but it takes time to make an enjoyable mod not only for yourself, but for others who wish to enjoy playing them! I do what I can to provide feasible feedback to help developers in polishing their projects. I'm going to give this a shot with PSXDOOM to see if it works alongside it. I may run into the same issue with Complex considering it has it's own weapon definitions ie. PSXPistol, etc. I'll continue testing this out for you across modifications! :D
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

RUNSABER wrote:considering it has it's own weapon definitions ie. PSXPistol
You can modify my mod's definitions to make the monsters and weapons inherit from the PSX versions. It SHOULD work that way.
And thanks very much for the feedback!
Ikazu-san

Post by Ikazu-san »

So, apparently this mod doesn't work with with Doom Touch 3.2 for android.
I cleared some maps, gained a few ranks and closed the app when I got bored. Later when I reopened it and loaded lastest autosave, the numbers were gone. All weapons had 0 kills on them
Hope there's a fix.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Ikazu-san wrote:So, apparently this mod doesn't work with with Doom Touch 3.2 for android.
I cleared some maps, gained a few ranks and closed the app when I got bored. Later when I reopened it and loaded lastest autosave, the numbers were gone. All weapons had 0 kills on them
Hope there's a fix.
That's an issue with the port, I assume. The numbers are saved via CVARs which are in the .ini, so if Doom Touch doesn't save mod cvars, then I can't do anything about it.
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak²™ Number Crunching edition

Post by Tapwave »

Aaaand a new update. You can now do a quick pause to check your rank, prestige rank and kill counters on all your weapons, as well as check your progress on rank and prestige totals.
And it finally has a total kill counter!

Download link is the same as usual.
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak Lite

Post by Tapwave »

Just a little thing I did to make this work better. More or less.

• Compressed EVERYTHING, cutting filesize in 3.
• Playerclass is now defined in mapinfo.

Same link as usual, saves might not be compatible, but all your counters will be there.
mallo

Re: FragTrak Lite

Post by mallo »

It's nice

But for some reason the HUD is unscaled on my screen. I hope the problem will be resolved. :)
Tapwave

FragTrak (Yet Another Update)

Post by Tapwave »

You thought this was dead! You were... kinda right. Ish. Have an update anyway! Get it here!

Changelog
• Sanitation of the controls. Now, instead of having to bind a key and press it to toggle displays, you can do it via a nifty menu! It also contains two binds that are pretty much necessary otherwise.
• Moved the individual counters on the other side, so that you can have everything on with high resolutions, and still see everything.
• Less stupid armor bar that's actually visible and not a tiny vial hidden next to a screen.
• Moved prestige icons over the XP rank name, looks a bit better. You can also choose to display all the medals you've earned at once, or just one at a time.
• Added a new XP rank, reachable at 5 million XP points.
• Monsters have appropriate blood colors (Green for hell nobles, black for spectres, blue for cacos).
• Made a version with bigger scaling here. Use the original version if you play at 1080P or higher, use the Big UI version if you find the HUD too tiny, or it doesn't scale well to your screen.
JimpArgon

Re: FragTrak (Yet Another Update)

Post by JimpArgon »

I think you should mention somewhere on the first post that this is for the developmental version of GZ Doom. Since it does not work properly on 2.1.1
Tapwave

Re: FragTrak (Yet Another Update)

Post by Tapwave »

This mod uses a lot of User Variable-dependent stuff, some of which is not in the stable version as far as I recall. Though you should be in the habit to a recent SVN around for mods that don't run on main.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”