[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Skelegant »

raymoohawk wrote:cam and sam have developed an ingenious method of transport

(donutman)
Now with 50% more dakka
Attachments
moredakka.PNG
moredakka.PNG (9.81 KiB) Viewed 964 times
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

20% cooler!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

raymoohawk wrote:20% cooler!
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Dat image, the Hole-Mancubus reminds me of a enemy in a certain game
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

*snicker snort*
Attachments
bronut.PNG
bronut.PNG (3.02 KiB) Viewed 919 times
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

Image {even donutman has cutie mark but not me!)

be quiet scoots!

on the other hoof, another test

SuperSomariDX

Post by SuperSomariDX »

A merge of the Beta SSG sprites Romero posted, with some elements from the normal Doom shotgun, and some customly re-shaded barrels.
Unfortunately, That's about as good as I could get the shading to work out for me without messing with the appearance any further.
Attachments
Double Barreled Pumpguns are cool, eh?
Double Barreled Pumpguns are cool, eh?
betassgrevamp.png (23.86 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Last edited by SuperSomariDX on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Workin on a centered "Mini MG42".

IMX

Post by IMX »

Looking good
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

fellowzdoomer wrote:May I use this? Please? I have a concept.
just credit me and it's all-free.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I'm surprised at how good this came out. The mag might be in a weird place, though.

Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

BigProjectAlone wrote:Update:
While it is fair that, in comparison to the fighter, the rogue isn't that odd, the archer is just flat-out silly no matter how much skin the others are showing. If she wants to be sexy while killing people, forgoing clothes entirely would be better than that outfit that is either so tight that it'd impair her breathing or requires her to glue her nipples to the fabric. Female archers in general bind their breasts so they don't cut them off working the string.

On the other hand, I can't wait to see the wrinkled up old mage in Lemeza's swimsuit.
Spoiler:
Edit: Frankly I focused too much on the female aspect, but those designs are pretty poor on the Hexen class design aspect in general, too. Let's run down the vanilla classes, shall we?
  • Fighter; huge, hulking guy with a sword, helmet, and what little armor he has looks heavy and like solid metal. This guy's pretty unambiguously a generic, highly stylized fantasy warrior.
  • Mage; this guy's covered in a robe from head-to-toe, with seemingly no armor at all. Also, his weapon sprites clearly show that he has wrinkled up hands covered in rings. This is also unambiguously, stylized fantasy mage.
  • Cleric; a guy who's covered in a combination of clothes and chainmail, wielding an mace - sure, it's spiked, but the general idea's still there. While maybe not what the first thing to come to mind in terms of fantasy holy men, this is actually really close to DnD's, at least the earlier versions, image of a cleric; they were meant to be tough and strong, but not as strong as the dedicated warriors and they needed to use blunt weaponry due to their religion or something. In this context, it's pretty dang clear that this guy's cleric. Also, we can't see his arms due to his armor, but the fact that he isn't a hulking giant yet isn't so frail looking as the mage does great for suggesting that he's a middle ground between the two, using close-ranged weaponry and magic.
So overall nothing too original, but they immediately tell on what they are; I don't get this at all from your new class designs at all. The only cues I see of their class are their weapons; take them away, and they'd look more like fanservice-y NPCs than player characters when put next to the Hexen classes. I'd recommend looking at how DnD portrayed the classes over Diablo, as it's pretty obvious that Raven took inspiration from that. You could probably get the archer to be more recognizable as an archer, for example, if you put her in a breastplate ( and not the ones with separate breasts; something like that would be more fitting for a female warrior over an archer ) and gave her a bracer on her bow hand, probably with light, outdoorsy clothes under the armor. With the rogue, similar clothes but in darker colors and lighter armor would be more fitting, with plenty of places to hide daggers. A cloak would also help, too.

Also, another point: all the classes in Hexen had their faces obscured. An altered longbowman's helmet on the archer and a cowl with the cloak for the rogue could really help the consistency between these female classes and the male classes.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:I'm surprised at how good this came out. The mag might be in a weird place, though.

It's mainly the angle between the magazine and the weapon itself - they don't share the same vanishing point.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Helephant Carbine. Also, POU's second DMC upgrade - was originally going to remove the warning stripes until I thought of using explosive rounds for it as a potential upgrade path.

Return to “General”