[WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn for GZDoom v0.4.4 - NEW STUFF!

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Graviton wrote:I also think i might have some music lying around if you need any.
Still waiting such sort of melodies you have. :roll: :lol: :roll:
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn for GZDoom v0.4.5 - NEW STUFF!

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Because of Blade Of Agony development and Gore GitHubbed repo, I freezed for a while this project. This will be a matter of 2/3 months I think, then I'll return deeply on it. It's meant to be finished at the end of this year, but nothing is fixed ATM. Maybe I'll post some stuff here and there just to entertain me. Otherwise, if anybody of you have some stuff that I must be aware, or just some resources (I still need that batman-like punch-kick hud-thing for the player) and suggestions, I'll surely take a look onto them giving properly answers. Can't say more, just :rock:
Janus3003

Post by Janus3003 »

I put together a taunt pack using dialogue from the Dark Knight trilogy, in case anyone wants to shout "I'M NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS" or "SWEAR TO ME" while fighting crime in Gotham.
However, I had to put it right into the BD Reborn pk3 to get it to work. It seems my addon file's SNDINFO doesn't replace the original.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8COpi ... sp=sharing

Ozy, any chance of changing your SNDINFO so that taunt packs can easily be plugged in? Here're the changes I made:
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD UPDATE Nov 2, 2021
Got some emails that someone was trying to download the file, but it uses an older Google link that doesn't work as well publicly or something like that.
So here's an updated link for anyone else who happens to come by again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8COpi ... S41lRzy81g
Last edited by Janus3003 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Janus3003 wrote:I put together a taunt pack using dialogue from the Dark Knight trilogy, in case anyone wants to shout "I'M NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS" or "SWEAR TO ME" while fighting crime in Gotham.
However, I had to put it right into the BD Reborn pk3 to get it to work. It seems my addon file's SNDINFO doesn't replace the original.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8COpi ... sp=sharing

Ozy, any chance of changing your SNDINFO so that taunt packs can easily be plugged in? Here're the changes I made:
Spoiler:
Oh really thanks Janus3003, I'll give it a try in the morning and if everything's OK I'll fit them on imminent v0.4.6 release.
Concerning the SNDINFO issues, you just simply need do add a different extension to your external pk3 file than mine (for example, instead of .txt just something like .voices or .taunts, and goes to other SNDINFOs too).
Happy to see that BDR is still appreciated by somebody on ZDForums.
Don't worry, if I like the taunts (and I fear that this will be :-)) I'll add them on BDR giving to you properly credits, even on the OP than inside the main pk3 file.

PS: take a look to Credits spoiler, I think you've got these files in the same place I took them - but you fast a lot my work on fixing/adding them! :wink:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@Janus3003
Just give it a try to your uploaded stuff, they seems to be a bit out of scheme: taunts are not ONLY from Bale's batman, but if I'm not wrong there are some other characters in here, like Bane, Joker and Scarecrow ones.
I found some other interesting Batman voices in here (3-4 of them), but they need to be fixed because of "clicks" and other silly background movie sounds. It was the same problem I had using Bale's stuff from "I'm Batman!" site.
BTW, I'll keep them inside backups of mine, they could be useful even for Batman taunts than for bosses ones.
Thankx a lot anyway to give some time with such stuff.
Janus3003

Post by Janus3003 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:@Janus3003
Just give it a try to your uploaded stuff, they seems to be a bit out of scheme: taunts are not ONLY from Bale's batman, but if I'm not wrong there are some other characters in here, like Bane, Joker and Scarecrow ones.
They're all Batman. He actually says "You have my permission to die" to Bane toward the end of Dark Knight Rises, for instance.
I found some other interesting Batman voices in here (3-4 of them), but they need to be fixed because of "clicks" and other silly background movie sounds. It was the same problem I had using Bale's stuff from "I'm Batman!" site.
Yeah, I don't know much about sound editing. I simply used Audacity to record dialogue from the DVDs.

In any case, the reason I ask to change the SNDINFO is that I think it would be fun to allow for different taunt packs that you simply attach alongside the Reborn pk3. Wildweasel's Nazis mod has a generic taunt/voice setup for voice packs, which is where I got the idea for this.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Uhmm voice packs could be really a cutie idea, so if you want you can make some of them and post them here. I have bunch of audio stuff from games, expecially fps, but nothing than batman from movies...

PS: you actually gave me a strange idea with Worms voices packs... :-)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Just another bump: HAPPY EASTER TO ALL ZDOOM COMMUNITY! BATMAN RULES!
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Just another bump: HAPPY EASTER TO ALL ZDOOM COMMUNITY! BATMAN RULES!
Happy Easter to you too! :D :D :D
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn v0.4.6 - SOME MORE STUFF!

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Main OP updated: fixed some typos, added a link to ACE Team, added new BDR v0.4.6.
What's new:
- New onomatopoeias for Smoke Bombs (BOOOM!) :-)
- Onomatopoeias are now deactivateables through menues
- The "KILLS" graphics on intermissions now exists as "FOES"

For more infos go to OP and take a look to changelog please. See ya next time, and if anybody of you has some more neat Batman punch graphics to post here, well, they're welcomed! Stay tuned and :rock:
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Freezed until Blade of Agony

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Batman Doom: Reborn is now present on github, so stay tuned for incoming updates after Blade of Agony release. :rock:
Tormentor667

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Now on GitHub

Post by Tormentor667 »

Glad that this is still alive :)
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

Very impressive TC. Although the one thing I can't get over is the punching sprites look like you are jerking off, I seriously can't stop laughing about that :p.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@Torm
You know, this mod was the project that has got enough attention from you to let me join Blade of Agony... How to forget this then? :)

@wpninja
Yes the wankpunch is really a shame ahahaha... Hopefully I'll rework all weapons or just some of them when I'll be back with this project... or at least if I'll find somebody skilled enough to do this reshape work for me.... I am not exactly a sprite artist.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WOW it is quite a year that I didn't post anything here :shock:

BTW friends, I did a huge update today code-wise, still veeeeeery far to be totally satisfied and done with it... but well, this is something new so: why don't give it a shot then? :D

I'll be back,

OZY

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”