[WIP] GORE: Horde of Titans - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Seidolon

Re: [WIP] GORE - No more GitHUB. Next releases here.

Post by Seidolon »

Sorry about your github problems.

I wanted to let you know that I can do weapon coding. I can't sprite (at least not well). Are you planning on adding an assault rifle? While testing, I noticed one thing missing is a good all-around weapon. An assault rifle of some sort would fix that. If you know of any sprites I can use, I will code the thing.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Hi Seid,

don't worry about that Git stuff ATM, we have ZDoomForums for Gore development and I'll try to see if I can do something to get rid such shitty stuff :wink:
Concerning assualt weaponry, there could be some good choices among Realm667 repository IMOH, but didn't give it a try, maybe you can tweak a bit some existing weapon from r667, then send it to me or just post something in this thread.
This morning I was so happy to have finally fixed that gross freezerifle (manymanymanymany thankx to Hustlex suggestions, BTW it was too slow if we see FreezeRifleGuy shooting), then the scum happened.
Anyway I'm not planning to add more weapons ATM, but you can try with your suggested ones + some weapon pieces for necronomicon weapon (I imagine that we may use collectible pages in order to have our special dreadful book, that can arise dead foes and also spawn some of them! - maybe a bit overboard, but who cares now :-)).
A question for you (I'llr ead this tomorrow, I'm going to sleep now): did you lose your map or you backupped it and continue mapping of it (sorry for my english, but I'm very tired because it was an hard day for me)?
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Don't worry, I didn't lose my map. I exported a copy and worked on that just in case something like this happened. I also think that the hitscan weapons should instead fire tracers (like in br00tal). It doesn't have much of a gameplay effect, but it looks really nice. Do what you want though, it's just an idea.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Seidolon wrote:Don't worry, I didn't lose my map. I exported a copy and worked on that just in case something like this happened. I also think that the hitscan weapons should instead fire tracers (like in br00tal). It doesn't have much of a gameplay effect, but it looks really nice. Do what you want though, it's just an idea.
I'm just experimenting with such tracers on Blade Of Agony heavily, and it seems to be a good idea indeed: if you can do this for Gore with the present weapon sets, it could be really interesting also more fascinating the whole stuff :-)
I didn't change them because Gore was originally inspired (in primis) by Ultimate Torment and Torture and Stronghold, where we didn't have so much tracers like Brutal stuff (be aware of wildweasel rules about BD) or Blade of Agony ones.
I'm blasted now. Good morning/night :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@Phantombeta
Concerning the bandwidth problem previously mentioned by me, here you are how it goes now my connection while it's 9:10am... It's simply absurd IMOH.

Bah.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Can i make a final boss battle theme? I've started work on a song, and I think it would be perfect for that.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Seidolon wrote:Can i make a final boss battle theme? I've started work on a song, and I think it would be perfect for that.
Yes Seid, I really appreciate some different songs for Gore, also I must inform you and other Teammates that I freezed such project for a while because I can't mantain 3 totally different projects (Gore, Blade Of Agony & Reborn) in a all-in-one shot: so continue mapping/add stuff as you wish, post every questions/suggestions/changes you like here or just through PMs and we'll see how to fit stuff of yours in about 3/4 months from now.
I was just previously a bit stressed managing such stuff, without saying that GitHUB has really drove my mind craze, but with projects with so much stuff to do like Gore we must work surely in only one thing: patience.
ATM I've implemented Blood II: The Chosen menu theme on my Gore version, but I think it's not so much fitting because I want to give Gore an orchestral/epic music ambience in general. Just try to hear all the music implemented on it and you'll realize that I'm not wrong.
So if you're planning to add some more music, try to stay inside this straight line.

Your pal, Ozy.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Well, I wouldn't say it my song sounds too orchestral right now. More like really fast paced electronic music. I figured that a fast paced final battle theme would be really good. I gives a "playtime's over" kind of feel to the battle and makes the whole thing extremely epic. If you've played Winter's fury, you would know what I mean. If this really concerns you, I'll change the instruments and stuff to fit better.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Please, would you post here or just PM your song? So I'll tell you if it's OK.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

While I'm still working for Blade Of Agony in a very hard way (done bunch 'o stuff), here's a special present for all Gore lovers:
The brand new UnMancubus monster!
Heavily inspired to DeVloek Volacubi and zrrion/Eriance Demon Eclipse stuff, it will be one of the new beasts that will take part through the trip on a dying planet Earth.

Stay tuned and :rock:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Just a bump: HAPPY EASTER TO ALL ZDOOM COMMUNITY! DOOM RULES!
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE - UnMancubus on OP spoilers.

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Added the UnMancubus to OP spoilers. Expect some new stuff at the end of this month. :-)
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

As a fan of UTNT, and being inspired by Tormentor and Agent Spork in the past, I really wish I could play your GORE modification, Oz. Unfortunately, my computer does not handle well under GZDoom's newer revisions, and I can't stand to play a well-crafted experience with less than 30-20 FPS. Here is to a future when I get a better computer. But until then, I will continue to watch your releases, and be marveled by the content you and your team produces, Thank you for GORE.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

RUNSABER wrote:As a fan of UTNT, and being inspired by Tormentor and Agent Spork in the past, I really wish I could play your GORE modification, Oz. Unfortunately, my computer does not handle well under GZDoom's newer revisions, and I can't stand to play a well-crafted experience with less than 30-20 FPS. Here is to a future when I get a better computer. But until then, I will continue to watch your releases, and be marveled by the content you and your team produces, Thank you for GORE.
I hope you'll get a new painstakingly PC in the future, so you will play Gore deeply :-)
Also thankx for your kinda words here, they makes me very happy & proud to be part of such "grandiose" projects.
Can't say when this will be finished, but stay sure of one thing: IT WILL BE RELEASED.
RUNSABER

Re: [WIP] GORE - UnMancubus on OP spoilers. New stuff next m

Post by RUNSABER »

If I want to become a better designer, I'm going to NEED one, haha! Thank you, I'll work hard to manifest a powerful rig. I'll need it to make better creations that expand beyond vanilla and boom mapping. Being a creative individual, rush is one thing I definitely do not condone, so take your time, fly with this, for it is a project of epic proportions!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”