[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.8 O SHIT O

Post by Captain J »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
Spoiler:
Guess I can post this. :D
*MAGIK OF AUT*

but too bad that hae-lin including cyberrunner gal is made out of pure 3d model unlike the club, though(oh, also pig copper as well.).
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Tested this new release of DemonSteele.

Laying down my biggest concern first... she is super flimsy with the Doom-styled health. Any reason why monsters deal so much more damage to her? I mean, with Doomguy, he could take a bunch of Imp fireballs... but with Jung Hae-Lin, she takes five of them and she's screwed over.

Could you make them deal their usual damage, like before?

Also, having trouble executing the Legion's awesome combo. I do the same thing I do with the other combos... hold fire, then altfire.

And, when I enabled infinite ammo, the special gun moves still required ammo to execute. Can this be fixed?

Encountered some bugs with the Iron Savior armor.

One more thing... when I enabled the option for gun kills to yield souls, only the Exodus's alternate attack yielded anything.

Highlights of the mod...

Taste the might of Thor! IT'S HAMMER TIME!

I HATE GOLDEN SKELETONS.

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL! :D

Come Sunday, I will invert the Exodus's flaming Petrine cross to a right-side-up cross. AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS. :D
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

Funnily enough - I've always felt like Hae Lin in Doomhealth recieves much less damage than normal.

I dunno about other projectiles, but I know for granted that imp fireballs deal only a bit higher damage than normal - in Doom, they do 3-24(avg. 13.5), in DSteele, they do a fixed 15.

Both our perception screws are probably caused by the fact that damage is now no longer randomised, meaning that there isn't any of that pesky luck element anymore.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Impressive changelog!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i don't seem to get any souls from killing enemies when using only the Kharon and a spcieal attack. after she pulls the sword back into the sheath, i get nothing. unless i'm supposed to get them directly after killing them with the Kharon, in which case i didn't notice any souls coming to me.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Preeeetty sure you don't get souls for special attack kills. Mostly because that would be a little bit silly when you used souls to execute the attack to begin with.

In-universe I would say that you hit them so hard with Kharon that their souls were completely destroyed, 'cause that's ultra-metal and this is basically Metalworld Hae-Lin lives in.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

I don't play coop with this much, but god damn is this a blast with coop on a slaughter map with people firing off multiple weapon specials at once. Also its fun to see the difference in tactics since you have so many weapons, special attacks, ways to use weapons (any charged weapon, i blew a few people away when i killed 2 devil drivers with 1 200 charge omen swing) or playstyles ranging from carefully (some would say cowardly) gunning with a sword for backup, diving in sword first kamikaze style, gunpowder fueled ninja acrobatics, someone almost exclusively going for a sword run, or just doing anything to look cool. (speaking of which, could sheath only specials give a tiny bit of extra style points on sheathing / enemies dying? Or would this destroy balance?). I will say this mod isn't very friendly with higher pings (my 90 ping was very noticeable) but god damn was it fun. Even just comparing ninja dodging skills is enjoyable. And if this mod gets 1 or 2 more characters to boot, god damn... V8 is a blast. Btw idk what the odds are but peppers from a torch made my day. I've never seen that, was it added last second? Or just ultra rare? Also idk if intended but you can hookshot other players. Since hae lin has amazing navigation skills this isn't normally an issue but it's worth bringing up. (but seriously there's very few maps this could be an issue). Also, any plans for iron maiden sprites?
Last edited by mumblemumble on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

mumblemumble wrote:any plans for iron maiden sprites?
Nope.
Viscra Maelstrom

twinkieman93 wrote:Preeeetty sure you don't get souls for special attack kills. Mostly because that would be a little bit silly when you used souls to execute the attack to begin with.

In-universe I would say that you hit them so hard with Kharon that their souls were completely destroyed, 'cause that's ultra-metal and this is basically Metalworld Hae-Lin lives in.
actually, i'm pretty damn sure that you've always received souls for killing enemies. maybe only for the forward-special, though. all specials increase the power meter no problem though. i dunno, i haven't played this in a while, so i might remember some things wrong.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

You are sorely mistaken, specials never gave souls only style points. It would be severely broken if you did get souls, as you could endlessly spam forward special at slayer and be pretty much unstoppable. Souls are only from normal kharon slashing, or the new mid dash heavy attack, and have always been this way.
Viscra Maelstrom

yeah, it's coming back to me now. i recall exhausting my soul resources mid-way through Sunder because of this.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Good news is hae lins attack variations has something like doubled. Especially if you include arrogant weapons, you have tons of ways to attack now that either don't use souls or use few souls. Uppercut is much easier, Uppercut shots and they reflect. Hookshot enemies out if a group to cut them from the herd, dash through a flurry of shots and transfer the dashes energy into a 2x damage haymaker enough to 1 shot any zombie type or imp at 0 style points, and all that can be done without souls or guns. If you use these, gun specials (use half souls of sword special but tons of ammo), along with, as a last resort you can farm mana by blocking with the sheath, and you have plenty of attack power. Just good luck not dying in the process.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Now this is personal opinion of course but I'm not a big fan of this patch.

I think it kind of ruins the fun. I no longer feel like I have any chance of dodging projectiles that doesn't come from pure luck or by spamming my blade.

Instead if feels like being hit is inevitable and you just do as much as you can while in the invincibility state.

Like in its current form the whole idea of dodging projectiles seems like an after thought? The way doom does movement you can't strafe side to side very quickly so you have to use the dodge button, but that launches you 2 kilometers away. I just don't see an effective way of dodging projectiles at the current speed. Especially when the game is (I assume) meant to be played full force getting right in there cutting things up, any time you have to close distance you're insanely venerable to multiple projectiles.

I've always found that was one of the most fun aspects of classic doom, dodging projectiles, it wasn't exactly because they were fast but because there was a lot of them, quickly having to find a path between them was exciting. This feels too much to me.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

hitmanx wrote:any time you have to close distance you're insanely venerable to multiple projectiles.
Protip: when you do the two kilometer long dash(that's a BIT of an overstatement, let's be real), you are immune to projectiles. Dash through the projectile walls, not around them.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Untitled »

How the hell do you fight the stupid stupid blackened - it keeps teleporting away from my sword; and it spits out so many annoying spirit thingys oh my god these things are literally worse than archviles now aaaaaaarghghdsjfdsfsahffdsafhasdfgagsa

I'm not kidding about finding them worse than archviles, though - the archvile I usually lose one or two life tokens to; these things I lose 3 or 4. I'm certain there's strategy I'm missing, but god damn even for a Pain Elemental replacement this is fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Return to “Gameplay Mods”