Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Hege Cactus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.37

Post by Hege Cactus »

jpalomo wrote:In case you weren't aware, it seems that this mod is causing crashes. I can help you fix it and clean it up a little.
Alright

I'll put up the fixed version soonish after I get few things sorted out.
Updated now. Thank you!
Hege Cactus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.38

Post by Hege Cactus »

So the final normal tier, aka red tier is almost getting there now.
Generally speaking, while as orange tiers tend to share the whole fire theme, the red monsters share more bloodier/creepier styled theme, most of them dripping it up or doing blood styled particle effects like the red hell knight does.

So far only Red revenant and Baron are missing, as I am having bit of trouble figuring them out, cause like, I have some ideas but getting em down has been bit of a drag. Baron, like the archvile, will be boss tier on the Red Spawns.
Red mastermind and Cybie are also still missing but I probably won't be completing them for the next release anyway
Boss wise, the orange cybie and mastermind are both ready to go tho and they are both quite a bit more nastier than the others, the orange mastermind especially likes to make sure you use proper hiding spots when dodging the attacks. Orange cybie might be bit more simplier but he certainly will make you dance.

But yeah been bit in a row lately. I'm kinda wondering if I should just drop the current version and then try think the red baron and revenant later instead
Spoiler:
VANDAMVANDAM

Post by VANDAMVANDAM »

Hege Cactus wrote:So the final normal tier, aka red tier is almost getting there now.

But yeah been bit in a row lately. I'm kinda wondering if I should just drop the current version and then try think the red baron and revenant later instead
I think that it's interesting tio test the new version, because you've got an ability to test the spawn rates and the cummulative difficulty/avg.
Also, yellow shotgunguy will never spawn, there is a misdeclaration in his decorate ver 0.38
And about revs is it intended that there are only melee attacks from them?
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

VANDAMVANDAM wrote:
Hege Cactus wrote:So the final normal tier, aka red tier is almost getting there now.

I think that it's interesting tio test the new version, because you've got an ability to test the spawn rates and the cummulative difficulty/avg.
Also, yellow shotgunguy will never spawn, there is a misdeclaration in his decorate ver 0.38
And about revs is it intended that there are only melee attacks from them?
Well I guess ill drop the new version in a bit, I will first test the red revenant that I finally kinda started to get figured on.
Oh, fixing that, seems I have brain farted on it a bit.
And no, revenants should use their ranged attack if you are not too close to them, tho the next version has lowered the range for them to try meelee strike you a bit, cause the older was bit too high really.
Or is there something I'm missing like revenants never using their ranged attack? Cause I haven't really seen that happen, and if that happens then I'm worried.

Edit:

Ok 0.45 is up.
REd tier is added apart from red baron, cybie and spidie. Red tier monsters are bíg bitch to take down when they spawn, mostly cause they are either very agressive or durable or both.
Luckily they are rare. Luckily.
But when they do spawn, ooh boy, get ready for fun times.
Orange cybie and spidie are also now added, you'll know when they arrive.
Rowsol

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.45

Post by Rowsol »

I keep coming back here to see the updates. Keep it up!
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Orange Mastermind is invisible right now. Not sure if that's on purpose or not.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Cryomundus wrote:Orange Mastermind is invisible right now. Not sure if that's on purpose or not.
No, that isnt on purpose.
I'll do a hotfix shortly after I find out the issue
(why do these things break later and not after implenting god damn it worked perfectly when I got it down the couple first times)
Edit: found it, the sprites names seemed to somehow reverse back so Im not surprised if the orange cybie also has some sort of sprite issues
Edit2: Ok putting it up
Edit3: ok fix is up
ledillman

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.451

Post by ledillman »

This looks really interesting! I wanted to play it, however, it seems that my zdoom is crashing:

(Long error report)
Spoiler:
I'm using the latest official release (2.7.1 i think), what i'm doing wrong? Do I need a dev build?
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

ledillman wrote:This looks really interesting! I wanted to play it, however, it seems that my zdoom is crashing:

(Long error report)
Spoiler:
I'm using the latest official release (2.7.1 i think), what i'm doing wrong? Do I need a dev build?

2.7 is nowhere near the newest one, you will need a dev build
http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/zdoom/
grap one from there and then try again
VANDAMVANDAM

Post by VANDAMVANDAM »

A is for awesome, great, brilliant.
Love the new atmosphere, with brutdoom map set it is nearly endless fun, especially when two red zombies were spawned in the entrance hall.
ledillman

Post by ledillman »

Hege Cactus wrote:
ledillman wrote:This looks really interesting! I wanted to play it, however, it seems that my zdoom is crashing:

(Long error report)
Spoiler:

2.7 is nowhere near the newest one, you will need a dev build
http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/zdoom/
grap one from there and then try again
Yeah, just downloaded one after my post and played it... it's awesome! reminds me a lot od Diablo 2.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Yeah, just downloaded one after my post and played it... it's awesome! reminds me a lot od Diablo 2.
big part of inspiration came from the diablo
A is for awesome, great, brilliant.
Love the new atmosphere, with brutdoom map set it is nearly endless fun, especially when two red zombies were spawned in the entrance hall.
2 red zombies on first map?
sounds like plenty of fun

Aalright, half way mark update time or maybe even further than half way I dunno, I just kinda worked on the versioning with "how much do I add" weighture
In this update I have added the two final red monsters, red spidie and red cybie.
Both of these bosses are a big bundle of fun when they spawn and honestly, killing red cybie on the first try oughta be achievement worthy.

Other changes;
Spoiler:
And now i'll be focusing on the main course; the black and white monsters. The biggest bundle of fun of em all. cause quite bit of them will be custom sprited this phase will take a while but I'll probably update as I get things done for them.
Gonna get real whacky.

also if there's things like, akward translations or other oddities let me know it's very easy to miss frames on translations at times.
Balance suggestions are also nice to hear or feedback on other oddities and the like.
Cryomundus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.5 up to tier red

Post by Cryomundus »

FIrst off, no dealing damage on death. A bunch of maps have players telefragging Cybs and Masterminds, and if they deal damage on death, that's just a load of bullshit really, since it becomes "reload map till RNG doesn't fuck you over."

I mean, yeah, it's just 2 really rare spawns but, if it does happen, you literally HAVE to restart the map and hope they don't spawn, otherwise it's just instant death.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Cryomundus wrote:FIrst off, no dealing damage on death. A bunch of maps have players telefragging Cybs and Masterminds, and if they deal damage on death, that's just a load of bullshit really, since it becomes "reload map till RNG doesn't fuck you over."

I mean, yeah, it's just 2 really rare spawns but, if it does happen, you literally HAVE to restart the map and hope they don't spawn, otherwise it's just instant death.
..Good point, didnt take telefrag into consideration
I'll remove the aftershock then
or make them react differently if they get telefrag killed

or maybe both, it could actually be funny to make the boss monsters reacted to being telefragged in some special way
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I think I remember reading there was a death.tele option? (or something like that, don't quote me on this)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”