Dilbert 3: Anyone Heard Of It?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
EddieMann

Dilbert 3: Anyone Heard Of It?

Post by EddieMann »

One of the weirdest animations I remember seeing, but it's still a classic. It's a shame CBoyardee left due to copyright strikes.

I was planning on making a joke wad based on this, but I don't have the experience necessary for it.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Dilbert 3: Anyone Heard Of It?

Post by Kinsie »

CBoyardee is alive and well and making videogames about basketballers.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

I own a copy of Dilbert's Desktop Games,so yes,I rember. :)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

What the cripes? I actually remember watching this at some point and I don't know why. Goddammit, brain.
mallo

Post by mallo »

What the fuck did I just watch
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

wwhy shrek is piss. why shrek is piss #italiano
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #woah
Kinsie wrote:CBoyardee is alive and well and making videogames about basketballers.
Is it really CBoyardee?! Has he finally returned?
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

EddieMann wrote:i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #woah
Kinsie wrote:CBoyardee is alive and well and making videogames about basketballers.
Is it really CBoyardee?! Has he finally returned?
Yeah. Barkley, Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden was released years ago and he was a part of that. If you discount the shitty, inconsistent art from time to time, Gaiden is actually a fantastic (if somewhat unbalanced) game.
I've been looking forward to Barkley 2 for quite some time but they've not been releasing many updates.
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Xtyfe »

mallo wrote:What the fuck did I just watch
The internet
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Project Dark Fox wrote:I've been looking forward to Barkley 2 for quite some time but they've not been releasing many updates.
One of the devs posted this on SA the other day:
Bisse wrote: Well, on the combat gameplay side, which is my main domain, we finally, after a huge amount of time and work, have all of our combat systems in place and working as intended without notable features missing/bugs (AI, animations, guns generation, guns fusion, enemy spawning, SAT collisions, RPG stats, character creation, quickmenu, equipment, consumables, magic, saving/loading at any point, etc etc etc etc etc) with some exceptions (enemy spawns need more conditionals to be able to script encounters and specify at which points different enemies respawn). So, now we can finally create and polish the gameplay we are building on top of all this. That's the stage we have pretty much started with as of February.

We currently have 30+ enemies at varying stages of completion ranging from prototype to complete with art assets sounds and balancing, plus a few bosses at varying levels of prototyping. This number is nowhere near what we will have in final game, but I expect good progress on these as we are finally done with systems work and can focus completely on creating combat content - enemies, bosses, attacks, cool AI behaviours, etc.

The game has been playable at conventions since more than a year back, showing off the sewers and the swamps. While there has been mad progress since then, most of it is not really visible because it is additional systems that we have not yet been able to show off, either because we do not yet have finished+polished enough content of high enough quality that we wish to show it off (e.g. zaubers, equipment), or because people don't really notice it when trying the game out quickly for 15 minutes in a busy convention booth (e.g. story, quests, NPCs, AI, music, sounds).

On the quest and story side, this is the side which has produced the biggest amount of actual content, by far. We have a really quite silly amount of NPC's and quests in the game already. You can interact with all of them and complete most of the quests but some of it requires teleporting around with dev tools. There's a ton more quests written as well so there's much more to come.

So to answer your question: we have right now on our hands a tough, hardcore, complex and deep game, but reaching this point took much longer than expected, and it will be some time before we can actually show it all off to everyone.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

You make me a happy man, Kinsie! Thanks for the update! Don't they have a dev blog outside of SomethingAwful, though?
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Project Dark Fox wrote:You make me a happy man, Kinsie! Thanks for the update! Don't they have a dev blog outside of SomethingAwful, though?
For some reason they're bizarrely shy about sharing public project updates that don't have lots of fancy graphics and videos and such. I don't get it either, but the long and short of it is they need to be actively prodded to share status updates.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

bump.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

EddieMann wrote:bump.
Why would you do this. The thread hasn't been idle for more than three days, and you're adding nothing to the discussion. Please don't do it again unless you have a good reason.
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

I swear the creator of this show passed away, I use to have the episodes on VHS tape

Return to “Off-Topic”