[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.9 desu~

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HexaDoken

Re: [Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.74 NEAT STU

Post by HexaDoken »

TerminusEst13 wrote: Probably not going to change it to food, sorry.
...dammit.

Permission to make a custom patch for that myself?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

an addon with credited to the original authors are always welcome.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Sure, go right ahead. Hopefully it won't be anything too complicated to make.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Unique special attacks for all weapons are now implemented.

In addition to your usual arsenal of three special attacks from double-tapping a direction with the sword ready, now you have a fourth coming from instead hitting alt-fire when readied.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

TerminusEst13 wrote:*quad shotgun shots coming from double barreled shotgun*
:shock: ...so, which gun-fu's better? lo wangs? or hae-lin's?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Oh yeah, that video reminds me, there was something I wanted to request.

Would it be possible to have the Legion (throwing knives) and the Frosthammer (freeze gun) have regenerative ammo? You could also have it start off on a low max amount, and increase it via backpacks. That way, they'll still be "unlimited", but players will have a reason to switch to other weapons, and not just use them all the time.

Also, could there be an addition to the HUD to show all ammo counts? That's always one thing I've loved about the alternative zdoom/gzdoom HUD is that it would always let you see all the ammo you've got without needing to switch weapons. Heck Trailblazer does that by default.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Well... that looks no less than FREAKIN' AWESOME! :D

Just a couple of questions and gripes...

- Isn't the Exodus grenade launcher a "heaven-enhanced" weapon? Why, then, does it have an inverted cross for its special (unless you were applying the original Christian meaning to it)?
- Why does the Omen warhammer use Judgement and Kharon charge? Personally, I think it'd be better if it used one or the other...
- I saw some video where Jung Hae-Lin pretty much cut through everyone around her and froze time. Then, she sheathed her sword and time flowed again, while it rained Imp parts. How does one do this?
- That tank Cyberdemon replacement monster could use a little work. It'd be cool if it had beefier arms and a broader chest, almost as though it wanted to bear hug you to death... XD

Can't wait for this to come out... :D
Big C

Post by Big C »

A grenade launcher that fires inverted crucifixes made of fire.

We've gone full Evangelion.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

Well, it is Anime inspired.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

anime logic is unsuspecting, nearly impossible and full of fantasies and dreams that what we always dreamed off, after all. they keeps blooming.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

The A22 was always my favorite, and seeing that special move for it makes me excited for the new release! :wub:

The new map and Exodus special looks pretty dope too.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Question...

I want to make a personal edit to this next version of DemonSteele, to turn that cross right side up. How would one do this?
Kaeoschassis

Post by Kaeoschassis »

Dang those are looking sweet. In particular, I'm so, so in love with the Acacia's special, both the animation and the way it works. Really looking forward to playing with all these new toys.

Something tells me I'm gonna have to git a whole new kind of gud once I meet that new Cybie though.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Cryomundus wrote:Would it be possible to have the Legion (throwing knives) and the Frosthammer (freeze gun) have regenerative ammo? You could also have it start off on a low max amount, and increase it via backpacks. That way, they'll still be "unlimited", but players will have a reason to switch to other weapons, and not just use them all the time.
Also, could there be an addition to the HUD to show all ammo counts? That's always one thing I've loved about the alternative zdoom/gzdoom HUD is that it would always let you see all the ammo you've got without needing to switch weapons. Heck Trailblazer does that by default.
Ammo increase via backpacks? That's an interesting idea, almost Metroid-esque. And I do like Metroid-esque. But I'll have to experiment with that later after this next build. At the moment, the lesser DPS and slower speed is the big turn-off to not using them all the time--they're little fun weapons for extra flavor, not a serious contender.
Ammo counters is also an interesting idea, but I have no clue how I'd be able to integrate that smoothly into the HUD. I'll probably need to experiment with something on either the left or right side of the screen, since there's really no more room in the ammo counter on the bottom-left.
DoomKrakken wrote:Well... that looks no less than FREAKIN' AWESOME! :D Just a couple of questions and gripes...
- Isn't the Exodus grenade launcher a "heaven-enhanced" weapon? Why, then, does it have an inverted cross for its special (unless you were applying the original Christian meaning to it)?
- Why does the Omen warhammer use Judgement and Kharon charge? Personally, I think it'd be better if it used one or the other...
- I saw some video where Jung Hae-Lin pretty much cut through everyone around her and froze time. Then, she sheathed her sword and time flowed again, while it rained Imp parts. How does one do this?
- That tank Cyberdemon replacement monster could use a little work. It'd be cool if it had beefier arms and a broader chest, almost as though it wanted to bear hug you to death... XD
Thank you! Glad you like it.

Yes, the Exodus is very much a heavenly weapon, summoning a flaming version of the Petrine cross. Everyone knows holy symbols burn away demons, so a holy symbol made from heaven's fire means MORE burning! It also looks metal as hell, even though it's not the least bit Satanic. If all the metal bands in the 90s had used the Leviathan cross instead, well, I'd be in a real pickle.
All special attacks use soul meter. All weapon special attacks (aside from the Arrogant weapons) use both ammo and soul meter. Using one or the other means there'd need to be nerfing involved, since with using ammo people could just restock effortlessly and with using special the damage would need to be brought up to bring it in line with the only-soul specials.
There's no time freeze yet, what you saw is a little touch of polish. Killing enemies with the special attacks when wielding Kharon by itself will freeze them in place. Hae-Lin will wait a little bit and then do a sheathing animation, and only when it's sheathed will the enemies die.
I'm not a very good artist, sorry. I still have a full sprite sheet, though, so if all else fails I could send it to other people to touch up.
DoomKrakken wrote:Question...
I want to make a personal edit to this next version of DemonSteele, to turn that cross right side up. How would one do this?
What you'd need is to go into decorate/weapons/5-launcher.dec, to the line where it says ExodusActorCrucifix, and replace it with this:
Spoiler:
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

Captain J wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:*quad shotgun shots coming from double barreled shotgun*
:shock: ...so, which gun-fu's better? lo wangs? or hae-lin's?
Hah. No contest. Lo Wang is a complete pushover. I mean, he doesn't even know if he's Chinese or Japanese to start with, and then... ugh. Yeah, that's just a road better not traveled. Unless you mean the one from the 2014 remake, in which case, I'd still say Hae-lin.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”