Brutally TrailBlazer - Here some updates for you!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Par9000

Brutally TrailBlazer - Here some updates for you!

Post by Par9000 »

Everybody know Brutal Doom. Its total-super blood modification. And everybody know TrailBlazer - typical unbalanced modification by PillowBlaster. But what about to mix those 2 modifications "with logic"? What about it? Well, here we go - Brutally TrailBlazer!

I asked my dear friend, can he actually mix brutal monsters with TrailBlazer with logic - chopping monsters by machete, normal minigun death's and etc. And he said he can and he will do it!

My dear friend - TheSkyBug (and he's author of this mod) created this "holy" modification, which now really cool. Just try it!

New features:
Spoiler:
Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g17cptzy2vwn ... r.zip?dl=0

To play without errors, use ClearBrutal (wad) firstly, then use TrailBlazer

Bugs:
Spoiler:
Have fun!

P.s Author - TheSkyBug (yep i said it again C: )

Changelog (or updates will be published on pages :\)
Spoiler:
Last edited by Par9000 on Wed May 06, 2015 4:01 am, edited 10 times in total.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [Early] - Brutally TrailBlazer - Prepare to chop'on roll

Post by xenoxols »

TheSkyBug, whoever he is, actually did a very good job. It's nice to see someone make their own patch instead of complaining to PillowBlaster about it.
Garmr94

Post by Garmr94 »

The screenshots look promising, i'ma gonna have to try this out later :D
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Please post video this looks very promising indeed! :)
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Do I need the original Trailblazer to run this? Right now I get a bazillion warnings and the weapon 7 doesn't seem to function properly.

It is hilarious fun though.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Video! Also the nutcracker works fine for me.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Bug report: sometimes enemies disappear when die instead of playing an apropriate death animation - most oftenly zombes and imps when sliced with a machete. I think it's when they are supposed to play the headshot/legshot death animations, since those are the ones I've rarely seen when checking this mod out.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Sinael wrote:Bug report: sometimes enemies disappear when die instead of playing an apropriate death animation - most oftenly zombes and imps when sliced with a machete. I think it's when they are supposed to play the headshot/legshot death animations, since those are the ones I've rarely seen when checking this mod out.
Same deal here. Also, there's this weird autoaim problem where no matter where I shoot, I always end up shooting as low as I can go.

EDIT: Found the autoaim bug fix. You'll need to set the +NOAUTOAIM flag to all weapons that don't currently have it.
Tango

Post by Tango »

really cool to see someone do this! I get a ton of decorate-related error messages when I start the wad up though (for example, actor _____ not found in ____.txt). everything still seems to be running fine, though. is this normal?
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

Tango wrote:really cool to see someone do this! I get a ton of decorate-related error messages when I start the wad up though (for example, actor _____ not found in ____.txt). everything still seems to be running fine, though. is this normal?
Do not worry about it my comrade, its fine. It happens because TheSkyBug DIDN'T removed tons of things from brutal doom (like grenade launcher and fatallitieу and etc.). You can play normally. Just do not worry.

In next updates we want to add some more real things with guns and enemy's. Fired barrels works normally now (they can be thrown), machete with berserk can remove half body and tons of thing more. Glad you all like this modification. :wub:
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Disappearing Imps, Zombiemans and Sergeants - it's a bug of Brutal Doom. You can launch Brutal Doom and shoot in legs of this guys - you'll see the same effect. I think, now i fix autoaim bug. Over 9000 mistakes and warnings in console - it's normal and everything must work fine.
Now i think, i need to Modify flying berserk machete, and make Cyberdemon and Mastermind stronger, because now they really borring: Cyberdemon can be killed very fast with a minigun, and Mastermind dying from 1 shot of Nutcraker.
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

Okay comrades, here a new update!

New things:
Spoiler:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g17cptzy2vwn ... r.zip?dl=0

I'm already playing in this holy modification. Try new version guys! It's AWESOME
Garmr94

Post by Garmr94 »

I approve of this, this is seriously my new favorite BD version! :D

The only bug I've seen is the infamous BDV20 corpse bug that stops elevators from moving, but that's the only complaint I have
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Real fucking neato! I like how i can play levels normally too hard for bd with this, that said some points.

*Demon runes give health and armor but not berserker mode.
*explosive punch from berserk plus brutal gore slows shit down way too much imo. Explosive effects that close up destroy fps.
*perhaps make it just one pk3?
*cyberdemon and spidermind are chores to mow down. I know you are compensating for op weapons but it feels like it takes 4 times as long to kill one than you would with a bfg normally.
*don't know if im messing up something but none of the shotguns do the ssg gib (torso removal, cacodemon fully gibbed)
*pistol seems very weak at start, i struggle to 1 shot zombiemen from head shots (uzis and ar do same damage i know, but still)

Love playing this though.
johnny

Post by johnny »

I ran into all these bugs with my BDJ brutal doom submod, and here's how you fix them:

1. Corpses disappearing - Comb through the code of every monster and replace the A_SpawnItems that AREN'T hitboxes with A_SpawnItemEx("[[dead bodies, dying bodies, growing blood pool, ploft, anything that isn't something you can pick up]]",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION). This flag is muy importante. They are disappearing because two monster actors are trying to spawn in the same space. If there isn't enough room for the second actor, it just won't spawn. NOCHECKPOSITION makes it so A_SpawnItemEx doesn't care if things are spawned on top of each other.

2. Gibs blocking lifts - There was a ton of shit I did for this and I can't even remember what specifically made it better. I didn't fix it 100%, but I made it happen a hell of a lot less often. You can just copy all the gore/monster definitions from my BDJ mod if you want.

3. "Sometimes demons without hand can still move to you with dying animation" - I'm not entirely sure what this means, but I'm assuming you meant to say head, and that you were saying sometimes demons will still walk around and shoot at you even after you kill them with a headshot. They're invincible too. If that's not what you meant, it's still a bug you will run into and should fix anyways because it's super simple. This happens because Mark, in his infinite wisdom, put A_Chase("","") in multiple death states for the zombies and a few other bad guys. So, to fix, just ctrl+f A_Chase("","") in each monster definition and delete it. Problem solved.

I know what it's like to trudge through that big mess of BD20 code, and I feel your pain. Nice work on your mod, keep it up!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”