New Wolfenstein game

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
edward850

Re: New Wolfenstein game

Post by edward850 »

fellowzdoomer wrote:Just a question though: exactly WHAT specs does Wolf TNO require? I mean, I know its high up there, but how high, exactly?. I ask because once I get a working computer, I might get it.
The answers to such questions are faster to find then to ask. :P
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
RECOMMENDED:
Additional Notes: AMD Radeon users: Please install AMD Catalyst™ 14.4
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

edward850 wrote:we don't even know what sort of storage size they are aiming for, or if there's even a limit to how big downloadable title can be on the PS4/XBox One.
There's no distinction between digital only and retail disc.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Glad that limitation is over. I believe it was the XBox360 XBLA that had a 1GB limit or something there abouts?
XanderK9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by XanderK9 »

The latest known limit was 2GB, but there's a few games exceeding that limit. Most likely an exception to their policy.

Unless I'm missing something, they seem to have dropped the XBLA and Indie titles for Xbox One and everything are considered to be "Games on Demand" titles, which I don't think there was any limits, anyway.
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

Pretty much that.

I will always find it weird that the Internet and the press crucified MS for basically announcing Steam's feature set for Xbox One. I know people on these forums have issues with Steam (the major issue I have with it is that Steam protected games - which is the minority of games on the service to be clear - require the frontend to be loaded instead of having a Steam service in the background to handle that), but the majority of the master race loves it.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

There are actually quite a few games on steam you don't even need to log into to play. I mean without a source port. Or offline mode.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

GooberMan wrote:I will always find it weird that the Internet and the press crucified MS for basically announcing Steam's feature set for Xbox One.
Because nothing Microsoft ever does is right. They could announce tomorrow that XBox LIVE multiplayer would be free for everyone, and they would be in the range of 1-10 Hitlers for pretty much any reason you could think of. Once you already hate someone, you quickly learn to spin anything into their disfavor.
GooberMan wrote:(the major issue I have with it is that Steam protected games - which is the minority of games on the service to be clear - require the frontend to be loaded instead of having a Steam service in the background to handle that)
Referencing the previous, wouldn't that be even more hated for being "sneaky"?
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

Possibly, but it'd be no different to any other app that runs background services. At boot, Google, Spotify, and Steam run additional processes on my computer than just the core programs.
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

GooberMan wrote:Pretty much that.

I will always find it weird that the Internet and the press crucified MS for basically announcing Steam's feature set for Xbox One. I know people on these forums have issues with Steam (the major issue I have with it is that Steam protected games - which is the minority of games on the service to be clear - require the frontend to be loaded instead of having a Steam service in the background to handle that), but the majority of the master race loves it.
I think the distinction is that PC games had DRM such as CD keys before Steam became a big thing, so PC gamers already accepted that the era of giving a copy to a friend or buying used copies was more or less gone or on its way out, as by 2004 it was quickly becoming the norm to have to register your key with a service for each game to be able to play online. People picked up Steam because eventually it would be a convenient, single service to handle it instead of having different ones for almost every game. Console games, however, rarely had that except for several EA titles which required an online pass that required a one-time-use key.

Also, when Steam was first released, it received just as much bile for several years until people got used to it (and it became much less buggy and awful)
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Steam is ok, Microsoft is ok, but EA, godam EA, I need to open a godma browser to play your games? ...
I'll not lie, nowaday, I prefer to buy EA games and download a pirate copy too just to not require to open a browser and play offline the campain.

Jes, this is worst than the old days where you had a hardware lock '-'
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Are you talking about Battlelog? That's a weird DICE thing specific to the Battlefields.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I've just purchased the game and am currently installing it. I'll play-test it once it's ready and give some feedback.

Still installing. "Oh, this takes so long!" - Dr. R.
Last edited by Jeimuzu73 on Tue May 05, 2015 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
IMX

Post by IMX »

Ah shittt I almost forgot about this one
Big C

Post by Big C »

Hey, look who Blazkowicz found!
Spoiler:
Xtyfe
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Xtyfe »

Big C wrote:Hey, look who Blazkowicz found!
Spoiler:
What? is that real?

Return to “Off-Topic”