[WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SamVision

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn for GZDoom v0.4.4 - NEW STUFF!

Post by SamVision »

Okay serious tho, why Batman is burning thugs to death with a flamethrower and spilling blood with a bat-machinegun and bat-shotgun? Besides that, I think there needs to be a new punching animation because I am not certain what the current one is supposed to be.
Janus3003

Post by Janus3003 »

SamVision wrote:Besides that, I think there needs to be a new punching animation because I am not certain what the current one is supposed to be.
I got the impression that it was supposed to be the famous Batman Backhand, but I agree that it looks really weird.

I just threw together some punching graphics based on the hand template Uboa posted.
Spoiler:
I've never actually done sprite work for Doom before.

EDIT
Did some more:
Spoiler:
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@Samvision
Yes, ATM Batman will kill foes with flamers and machineguns, beating them out with happy spilling blood. I think this will remain forever.

@Janus3003
The original BD punch animation is really crappy, I'll see what I can do with such stuff for the purpose. To be more coherent with HUD anims, Batman's fists must be similar to Azereal's Glove weapon. I'll work on it.
Spoiler:
Big C

Post by Big C »

SamVision wrote:Okay serious tho, why Batman is burning thugs to death with a flamethrower and spilling blood with a bat-machinegun and bat-shotgun? Besides that, I think there needs to be a new punching animation because I am not certain what the current one is supposed to be.
If I recall correctly, the reason for the weapons is because the original Batman Doom mod is (very) loosely based on 'Knightfall', a Batman comics series where Bane takes Batman out of commission and an emergency substitute named Azrael steps in to fill his shoes, and Azrael has far, far less of Bruce Wayne's rules against using lethal force.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Big C wrote: If I recall correctly, the reason for the weapons is because the original Batman Doom mod is (very) loosely based on 'Knightfall', a Batman comics series where Bane takes Batman out of commission and an emergency substitute named Azrael steps in to fill his shoes, and Azrael has far, far less of Bruce Wayne's rules against using lethal force.
These are really some interesting news...
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

That explains the presence of Azrael's glove and armor as items in this game. Still, it's decidedly clear that we still play the role of Bruce Wayne, as evidenced by the player sprites -- Azrael's Batman outfit was rather distinct; the MegaArmor replacement in this game should look familiar.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ed the Bat wrote:That explains the presence of Azrael's glove and armor as items in this game. Still, it's decidedly clear that we still play the role of Bruce Wayne, as evidenced by the player sprites -- Azrael's Batman outfit was rather distinct; the MegaArmor replacement in this game should look familiar.
I must look forward to comics images like this.
Janus3003

Post by Janus3003 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:@Samvision
Yes, ATM Batman will kill foes with flamers and machineguns, beating them out with happy spilling blood. I think this will remain forever.
They're not dead. They're just sleeping. They get tuckered out from Batman's awesome fighting skills.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

AHAHAH! :lol: :lol:
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

could always add little stars in a ring above the 'corpses' to make them looked knocked out, but then again this is what separates it from Batman and becomes Batman DOOM, the Doom part is a more brutal version with blood rather than a accurate FPS of the comics.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Peter Bark wrote:Image
could always add little stars in a ring above the 'corpses' to make them looked knocked out, but then again this is what separates it from Batman and becomes Batman DOOM, the Doom part is a more brutal version with blood rather than a accurate FPS of the comics.
Exactly, and if I wanted to add toony stars (or something like that), I think also I had to change ALL THE BATMAN DOOM ART STYLE in it, with more onomatopoeias, toony sounds, restyled graphics & a different story background, I think. ATM I've paused updating Reborn, because of Blade of Agony, but in the next week I'll return with a new version + some more stuff for Gore project, which is my main work for Doom.
Graviton

Post by Graviton »

I actually thought that this would be a good idea a while ago. Just a recommendation, i think adding a grappling hook would be awesome, although it will probably be a pain to code. Modern weapons like ones from the arkham series would be cool as well. I also think i might have some music lying around if you need any.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Graviton wrote:I actually thought that this would be a good idea a while ago. Just a recommendation, i think adding a grappling hook would be awesome, although it will probably be a pain to code.
Grappling hook was also in idea I had in my mind (see LoreMaster actor of Strife inside z/gzdoom.pk3), but ATM I must concentrate myself on maps fixes + decorate fixes + destroyable stuff + onomatopoeias + general scripting + UDMF total conversion of Reborn.
Graviton wrote:Modern weapons like ones from the arkham series would be cool as well.
This would be an insane work to do, I'm just overwhelmed with Gore and Blade of Agony ATM.
Graviton wrote:I also think i might have some music lying around if you need any.
Yeah, I may need them for sure, and if yours will be interesting & implemented on Reborn you know, I'll add you to credits/aids stuff.

Thankx Graviton.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Added links to some stuff of mine, or just some contributions. Enjoy.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

New version uploaded, added breakable cars + repolished acs stuff. More is yet to come.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”