Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
YukesVonFaust

Re: Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Post by YukesVonFaust »

the Tank Dempsey tauntpack for WW-Nazis has been updated.

OOH-FREAKING-RAH STUMPY
Water Hazard

Post by Water Hazard »

Didn't quite understand this "inventory overhaul", but it looks like it's going to be cool!

(Boy, i can't wait to have a Sten and a BAR in-game. Don't think Sniper Rifles have a place in this mod, but i play Epic2 so dunno)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Long range weapons can be nice, there are some Doom 2 maps that have enemies far enough away that it's a pain to plink at the distant pixels.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Today's update to the Github overhauled how the taunts work. The randomness is now handled via an ACS script, which waits a short time (about half a second) before saying something. In addition, the player/reload sound has been added, and these sounds will be played when reloading.

I've also added the four tauntpacks I had lying around - Caleb, SoulMan, TF2Spy, BouncyTEM's AllCapsGuy, and a new Kingpin tauntpack that demonstrates the reload taunts.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Hey, would it be possible to have a CVAR to choose to fight Wehrmacht, SS or the Africa Korps(?) or a mix? I think it would add immersion to maps.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Where can I get the new taunting system?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

MJ79 wrote:Where can I get the new taunting system?
Download the Github repository (there's a Download ZIP button - link to the github's in the first post), extract it somewhere, run the _zip.bat to generate a devbuild, load that with any of the Tauntpacks.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Hey, would it be possible to have a CVAR to choose to fight Wehrmacht, SS or the Africa Korps(?) or a mix? I think it would add immersion to maps.
I was wondering this to.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Technically speaking, is the ACS script essential for the idle animation (not firing, reloading or anything like that)? Is it also possible to taunt when collecting a pickup/opening a switch/going 'oof' on a wall/opening a door? (for instance like in PillowBlaster's mods)
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

So... I made a thing.

https://www.mediafire.com/?um9bt617qsnb9gg

It's a tauntpack of Leonard from Redneck Rampage to put it simply.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Minor update of my custom version so far (pm me if you want the link:)
  • Added new weapons (MG-42, dual Colts (will make single one soon), Schwarzer Zwerg auto super-shotgun (Yes, I love that shotgun.).)
  • Altered the weapon spawn replacements (the Chaingun replacement will spawn any of the SMGs, the plasma rifle spawns either LMG, the shotgun will spawn the M1897/Kar98k/STG, the super shotgun the Auto-5/G41/FG42 and the Rocket Launcher the Nebelwerfer/Pyrolight).
Things to do:
  • Lower ammo given by pickups and fix the spawns for more 'balanced' gameplay.
  • Add and tweak new enemies (some that throw grenades, gas mask mooks, give the Grosses, Hitler and Death Knight metallic armor like in Terrorists!, change enemy spawns)
  • Gibbing for lesser mooks
  • Maybe have a small player class selection (play as a Brit, Ruskie or Yank and start with respective weapons).
  • Redesign the taunting system (I know weasel did it, but I'm going ACS-free for now).
  • Wait for V3 (What I shoulda done).
At this rate I'll end up with German Overkill.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

okay, i've updated my version as well except mutator one. i just exported the older changed script bits into the original yet newest vanilla version, no more changes because of reason that i've already quit working on this. so you really don't have to update the mutator version if you are don't mind this, ed.

download it here.
Master_Moose

Post by Master_Moose »

Hey everyone, I'm not much involved in the community anymore, but being this mod is receiving an overhaul, I'll help if anyone needs to know any resources I used for the patch and provide it. Or just help in general. Thanks
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Uh...I know you guys mean well, but I feel I need to vent a bit. I don't think I like how fragmented this mod has become; there are about four or five different versions of it floating around by now, and I don't know what half of them add.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

That was why I tried putting some of my efforts into turning them into add-ons, as they should've been all along. Not only is that smaller and more flexible, it also highlights what's different about them. Not sure why CJ turned his back into a stand-alone, really...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”