Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Solstar
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:54 am

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Solstar »

YukesVonFaust wrote:
Solstar wrote:ok one last thing though..where do i download the non corrupted one? is the one from the post above me still valid?do i need hexen,heretic wads etc to make it run?
I know you're running with GZDoom, download the ZDoom version.
thanks the third link effectively works.i can choose my character etc.though i wonder if its intentional to start from doom's levels..i thought you were suppsoed to have random levels based on those games

Holy smokes Batman, that folder structure!

And yup! I failed to read. The first two links are the pk3 and pk7 variants for the Zandronum version while the third and fourth links are the ones for Zdoom.
heh yeah i need to change the place of this folder.fact is,that in that folder i have the brutal doom mod,so i thought i could use it with this mod ,but apparently i can't :\
User avatar
XanderK9
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:42 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by XanderK9 »

As far I know, there's not maps provided. It's supposed to be a gameplay mod for multiplayer, but you can play it in single player with either vanilla or custom levels.
User avatar
Peter Bark
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:35 am
Location: Italy

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Peter Bark »

Solstar wrote:
YukesVonFaust wrote:
Solstar wrote: heh yeah i need to change the place of this folder.fact is,that in that folder i have the brutal doom mod,so i thought i could use it with this mod ,but apparently i can't :\
I think you need something called Brutal Doom Lite that only changes the monsters and not the weapons.
Solstar
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:54 am

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Solstar »

Peter Bark wrote: I think you need something called Brutal Doom Lite that only changes the monsters and not the weapons.
thanks to both, very useful.

i stumbled upon this mod because i was looking for some mod that allowed me to wield as much weapons and as diverse as possible,taken from various games.though unfortunately the author doesn't want to include strife's weapons..

i remember a long ago i saw a mod similar to this but that included all those weapons plus more like dark force's ones or powerslave's.
User avatar
YukesVonFaust
Posts: 1303
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:00 am
Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Location: why the hell did they remove custom titles for this?

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Solstar wrote:
Peter Bark wrote: I think you need something called Brutal Doom Lite that only changes the monsters and not the weapons.
thanks to both, very useful.

i stumbled upon this mod because i was looking for some mod that allowed me to wield as much weapons and as diverse as possible,taken from various games.though unfortunately the author doesn't want to include strife's weapons..

i remember a long ago i saw a mod similar to this but that included all those weapons plus more like dark force's ones or powerslave's.
you mean that one called, Classic Rivalry?
User avatar
Peter Bark
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:35 am
Location: Italy

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Peter Bark »

Samsara is much more convenient than Classic Rivarly, CR had more classes, but each weapon had it's own specific ammo that you had to run around and dig for.. that was it's biggest flaw, there is also many balancing issues with the monsters.

There has been unofficial class packs for Samsara including Strife, Dark Forces, Blood, RoTT, Blake Stone and Corridor 7.
Last edited by Peter Bark on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solstar
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:54 am

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Solstar »

YukesVonFaust wrote:
Solstar wrote:
Peter Bark wrote: I think you need something called Brutal Doom Lite that only changes the monsters and not the weapons.
thanks to both, very useful.

i stumbled upon this mod because i was looking for some mod that allowed me to wield as much weapons and as diverse as possible,taken from various games.though unfortunately the author doesn't want to include strife's weapons..

i remember a long ago i saw a mod similar to this but that included all those weapons plus more like dark force's ones or powerslave's.
you mean that one called, Classic Rivalry?
that one,thanks !!! :wub:
Solstar
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:54 am

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Solstar »

Peter Bark wrote:Samsara is much more convenient than Classic Rivarly, CR had more classes, but each weapon had it's own specific ammo that you had to run around and dig for.. that was it's biggest flaw, there is also many balancing issues with the monsters.

There has been unofficial class packs for Samsara including Strife, Dark Forces, Blood, RoTT, Blake Stone and Corridor 7.

http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... enafix.pk3 (I think this is the right file)
so this one includes those classes already?or is it an expansion to use with the original?
Scuba Steve
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:56 pm

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Scuba Steve »

Not the right file.
Solstar
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:54 am

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Solstar »

Scuba Steve wrote:Not the right file.
it doesn't work in fact :\
Solstar
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:54 am

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Solstar »

Scuba Steve wrote:Not the right file.
do you know where i can get the right one?
User avatar
Peter Bark
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:35 am
Location: Italy

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Peter Bark »

Solstar wrote:
Scuba Steve wrote:Not the right file.
it doesn't work in fact :\
My bad, that's the only wad host for Zandronum I know about and I know there is an unofficial class mod made by Ivan, and yes it requires Samsara to work, it just adds some more classes. I'll keep looking and PM you if I find it, sorry about that.
Solstar
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:54 am

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Solstar »

its ok don't worry,though i use gzdoom more than zandronum.so i can use more than one .pk file?
User avatar
VGA
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:56 am

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by VGA »

I'm interested in this unofficial add-on as well! Please post it or any other class add-on.
User avatar
President People
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 am

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by President People »

Heh. Prepare to either be disappointed, or orgasm from Caleb's mere presence: http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... .1ob3z.pk3

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”