sports news

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Jonny Rex Jr.

Re: sports news

Post by Jonny Rex Jr. »

Listen you guys Hellsmith 1 is my nephew and he does have autism sometimes he can't help himself. You have to explain thinks to him sometimes so he can understand what you mean & he's a slow learner you guys have to be more patient with him. I seen what he wrote on here and I apologize for that.
All he wants to do is to talk about NASCAR that's all he wants to do.
Don't worry about his spelling or his grammar just let it be and just leave well enough alone.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I'm not sure if you've noticed but people have already tried explaining this to him and I agree with wildweasel. I also find that claiming autism at this point to justify the posting spree feels rather insulting.
Jonny Rex Jr.

Post by Jonny Rex Jr. »

OK I'll talk to him about it.
Jonny Rex Jr.

Post by Jonny Rex Jr. »

I just now talked to him and he said that he would like to apologize for what he said and he understands it now.

Hellsmith this is your uncle talking to you. I don't care what you put on here but be more careful next time of what you say ok just don't do it again.
I love you nephew 8-).
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

dafuq?
Big C

Post by Big C »

I'm on the autistic spectrum. I have friends who are on the autistic spectrum. I've never had one of them excuse any misbehavior on their part with autism, even the low-functioning one I know.

I'm skeptical of Hellsmith having "autism" because there is no one kind of "autism" and you haven't specified whether you're talking about high-functioning autism/Asperger's, low-functioning autism, or one of the related disorders, and because your new topic looks an awful lot like something Hellsmith himself would post.

If I am wrong here, I apologize sincerely. I've just learned to take some things on the internet with a grain of salt, for reasons the other users above have mentioned.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Jonny Rex Jr. wrote:I just now talked to him and he said that he would like to apologize for what he said and he understands it now.

Hellsmith this is your uncle talking to you. I don't care what you put on here but be more careful next time of what you say ok just don't do it again.
I love you nephew 8-).
I get the feeling it might work better if you spoke to him in person about it...instead of replying to his thread on a forum. From the same exact computer that he was using mere minutes before. I mean, forgive me if this isn't my place, but was it worth registering a whole new account on a forum for this sort of thing?

(That is, unless you are attempting to pull the wool over our eyes, Hellsmith1. Again, forgive me if I'm in the wrong, but I've seen enough people whose "brothers" and "cousins" joined the forum to be at least a little bit on the skeptical side. And that's not to mention the IP and email addresses I've compared, AND the fact that you only seem to be replying to "his" posts. Just a little bit fishy, from where I'm sitting.)
Jonny Rex Jr.

Post by Jonny Rex Jr. »

Yes you are in the wrong. Very wrong to judge me that way.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Don't take it so personally. We're just taking some minor precautions since we've had some drama/silliness here before.

At any rate, some advice: If you want to integrate yourself into the community here better, I would recommend talking more about ZDoom-related games and modding. That would help. A lot.
Jonny Rex Jr.

Post by Jonny Rex Jr. »

I except your apology.
Hellsmith1 is a really a good person to be with and to talk to. If he wants to talk about something that he likes or something else just let him be.
Let's move on to something else I don't want to talk about this anymore.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Jonny Rex Jr. wrote:Yes you are in the wrong. Very wrong to judge me that way.
Well, see, when you have information like this:
It's really hard to take this seriously. At the risk of making myself look like an asshole, you don't need to register a second account to vet for yourself. This really shouldn't have been a problem to begin with; there was no reason to admit to being autistic, because nobody would have even thought about it otherwise. The only person that ever made a big deal about it was you (Hellsmith1).
Big C

Post by Big C »

What Wildweasel said.

Also, if you REALLY want to do any sort of status update-y thingie, there's a thread for that, semi-stickied to the top of the forum.

Also, looking back at the other page, how the Hell does autism affect your spelling and grammar? I know someone who's bordering on low-functioning autism and he has immaculate spelling.

At the risk of also sounding like an asshole, your story and your behavior here don't 100% check out, mang. :| And at any rate most of your posts are, at best, tangentially DooM-related or contributing to a DooM-centric forum, and at worst read like Facebook updates.
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

Yes your right I made a darn fool out of myself making a big deal of it and I apologize and i didn't mean to offend anybody at all. I'm sorry that snapped Its just who I am and i just don't like people making fun of my grammar and spelling thats all. And yes I should have said that in the beginning. :cry:
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I don't remember anyone making fun of your English...But all I really ask is that you make an effort to try starting a discussion around here. Ask a question, make an observation, say what you think. Don't just post a link and leave it at that.
Big C

Post by Big C »

wildweasel wrote:I don't remember anyone making fun of your English...
Well, ONE person did, at least.

Return to “Off-Topic”