RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Bah, useless points.
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

Naah, points are cool
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

What's the point of getting a high score in this day and age?
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

It's cool.
You can brag about how many points you got after you're finished with your pompous speech on how to win the game... ;)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

What good are bragging rights if I don't have any friends?
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Why is everyone going retro avatar anyway?!
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

I love games with high scores. This is a very solid, very good conversion. I appreciate and like what the author has done. I would like to see sliding doors, though :D

Everything is hunky-dory but still... http://wolfgl.narod.ru/
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I don't care that the walls aren't sliding. I guess it would be more true to the original if they were, but it's just as good when they open upwards, imo.

There is a problem however, the secret doors are impossible to miss as long as you have the automap on once in a while.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

It's cool, I've recently played through all four adventures (i.e., including RTD and TUC) with it. Beware: end/boss-level handling is screwed.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

AFADoomer wrote:The music sucks, yes, I know... I'm trying to find a good program that will convert it to sound just like the original. No luck so far.
I got this (text file) ages ago. It works in a Windows command prompt, the tunes are recognisable, but would need much technical MIDI/instrument knowledge to recreate the original sounds. A job for Lexus probably :)
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

MartinHowe wrote:
AFADoomer wrote:The music sucks, yes, I know... I'm trying to find a good program that will convert it to sound just like the original. No luck so far.
I got this (text file) ages ago. It works in a Windows command prompt, the tunes are recognisable, but would need much technical MIDI/instrument knowledge to recreate the original sounds. A job for Lexus probably :)
I've toyed around with it, most were quite recognizable, the only thing screwed is usually the percussion track. When I messed with the title tune (Horst Wessel), I just deleted it and changed some of the GM instruments to make it sound better... But usually FM->GM sounds horrible without editing.
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

MartinHowe wrote:including RTD and TUC
What would those two mean? I'm unable to run anything except original Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny on that thing. And there's a ton of custom maps I want to play. (http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/)
MartinHowe wrote: Beware: end/boss-level handling is screwed.
Yes, sadly. :| I really wish the death cam (tm) was in there. But at least all levels are playable to the last boss.

There also seems to be an error in the episode totals time values, because I was speedrunning Episode 1 and took down every individual level time down on paper, and when I summed it up, it didn't add to what the game claims is your total episode time.

IF this thing gets updated, it'll be uber sweet because there's talk about multiplayer support in the next version. Stalking your buddy(ies) through those mean mazes will be fun. For some reason Wolfenstein 3D levels always scared me a lot. I don't know if it's the solemn, moody music which, not being midi, actually works to a better effect, or it was the speed at which enemies could bring you down, or the general silence of the levels, it really actually made me believe those were catacombs and silent castles and dungeons.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

MartinHowe wrote:
I used that program, and that's what I ended up putting in the mod as it is now. All of the sounds are wrong, though, mostly because I was just fiddling around. If someone felt like redoing them properly, I wouldn't complain...

Secret doors showing up on the automap is one of the bugs I 'll be fixing eventually. And I need to make a few modifications to my scripts in order to make them multiplayer compatible... That's not high on my priority list right now, though.

The WolfGL port is cool, but runs poorly on my computer... And it hasn't been updated for a while now :-(.
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

cutmanmike wrote:Why is everyone going retro avatar anyway?!
Heh, I don't even remember what my first avatar was. I do remember the one after (Ed banging his head on the ground).
Shockwav3

Post by Shockwav3 »

what about using mp3s/oggs at low bitrates (32/64kbps)?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”