Watermarks = S***!

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Bashe

Re: Watermarks = S***!

Post by Bashe »

Your video looks like the result of YouTube trying to auto-stabilize it. Did it ask you about that?
Gez

Post by Gez »

There's a big difference between what I did and what would be needed for your program.

What I did basically required no programming knowledge at all. Open exe in hex editor, search for PNG header, find out that there is one, replace embedded PNG data with another, save, and run. None of the actual code was changed, the program still behaved like it did and inserted a watermark onto the image -- it's just that the watermark was now invisible so the image was clean.

Here though, we have something that distorts the image. It's not doing that by compositing a watermark on it, it's performing deformations on the images. To get rid of that, you'll need to change the actual code. And since all you have is the compiled form, you'll need to be a wizard at reverse engineering and disassembly to do so.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Bashe wrote:Your video looks like the result of YouTube trying to auto-stabilize it. Did it ask you about that?
Oh yes, now I'm realizing that... after 8 hours of PC my mind acts weird, and that's the result... I was wondering why my 2nd video didn't have that s***, and now here's the answer: MY ONLY FAULT! :bang:
Thankx Bashe, now I will feel more confident grabbing my videos...

@Gez
It's just as I suspected ... is the time of Amiga 've been toying around with hex-editors (personally I use Ultraedit32), but at this point it seems that I do not need anything... Thankx anyway Gez...
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Harold likes watermarks.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

All that has to be done to get rid of the watermark is for the video to be stretched a little vertically..
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Gez wrote:What I did basically required no programming knowledge at all. Open exe in hex editor, search for PNG header, find out that there is one, replace embedded PNG data with another, save, and run. None of the actual code was changed, the program still behaved like it did and inserted a watermark onto the image -- it's just that the watermark was now invisible so the image was clean.
Programming knowledge or not that was brilliant.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

The watermark is a (stated) downside to the free/trial version. I'm not sure why it's so terrible for the company to have an interest in making money, and a basically harmless incentive for customers.

Trialware practices that are actually BS:
  • Disabled saving. How am I supposed to determine it doesn't output needlessly bloated or half-broken files? Bonus points if the program provides watermarked previews.
  • A copy listed as a "free version" that is actually a 30-day trial, which you only realize after installing it. Either it's a less-featured, no-charge version of the product, or it's a temporary evaluation of the full product.
Combine these with every search engine's insistence that "freeware" and "free download" are the same thing, and trying to find actually free programs is 90% bait-and-switch.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Bandicam = bought. The End.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Thus demonstrating that the watermark feature did its job, and so is actually awesome. ;)
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

VirtualDub's an option too, not many think about the 'dub for this purpose.
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

NeuralStunner wrote:Combine these with every search engine's insistence that "freeware" and "free download" are the same thing, and trying to find actually free programs is 90% bait-and-switch.
http://snapfiles.com/ ?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Some other interesting stuffed site here... thankx Ettin...
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

leileilol wrote:VirtualDub's an option too, not many think about the 'dub for this purpose.
Last time I tried its capture tool, it did not have great results. I don't know if my system wasn't up to it or what.

(Marginally related: I cannot VDub to output with the CamStudio codec in GZIP mode. If there's a better lossless compression codec for AVI it would be neat to have.)
ETTiNGRiNDER wrote:http://snapfiles.com/ ?
Bookmarked! Will start looking there for stuff. Thanks. :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

NeuralStunner wrote:A copy listed as a "free version" that is actually a 30-day trial, which you only realize after installing it.

every search engine's insistence that "freeware" and "free download" are the same thing
Both of these. Grrrrr! :x
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

You can't fully trust open source software either because of some scummy derivatives, like WinGIMP and obviously-not-authorized OpenArena's renamed mobile versions (they exist and the best way I can do something about them is to make the real OA more better and popular, than waste my devtime on the litigations)

Return to “Off-Topic”